What Adds More Drive Into A Lurcher Beddy Or Collie?

Malinois to me are a good and better option than most modern collies for Lurcher breeding ,I see them has a herder like the vast variety of collies ,if one does not desire the Knpv type malls there's the alternative the kc,now here we have do we use the tested animal bred for work or the kc that might do abit of light agility etc. The choice his there for all breeders who would wish to breed a litter .i know this the kc malls I have experience of there hybrids with greys are not has tough when bred the harder version.knpv malls it's just that like some stallions they posses more fire in em and take that bit more knowledgable capable handling if one don't posses these attributes leave well alone.and for being bit when in training I think that question already been answered, think of the vast majority of other herding type of none indigenous stock there's been plenty of them some documented some not.atb bunnys.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ Fuji...   I think we have all been guilty of staying up too late and getting ourselves embroiled in senseless argument,...it is part and parcel of being passionate about the dogs. It is always

i like a bit of beddy and collie in my dawg

73 next month, happy as pigs in shit, got myself a decent little rabbiter , wife keeps asking me , what do you want for your birthday, nowt is my reply, ive got it all

Posted Images

This fellas dog had some balls about him looking after his master .......

Impressive feat but that dog almost certainly wasn't game though.

. Very true it lived to tell tale but it showed the desire to protect the human and no doubt had A rib of beef for its rewards atb bunnys.

What brings you to the conclusion that the dog wasn't game ?

• Like 1

There is a VAST difference to attacking a big dumb critter ,.to handling it efficiently... :doh:

As for Malinois (and other, similar jukels) with a miniscule herding /droving/flock guarding ancestry in their linage will attest,..they cannot match a contemporary Cowdog or similar purpose bred worker at handling livestock...In truth,..a determined bullock would cripple any foolhardy cur that gripped ,.and kept hold.... :blink:

The attack dogs have been guided down a different path,..and like German Shepherds,.it generally involves working a two legged prey, as opposed to a Bovine fecker..

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

What brings you to the conclusion that the dog wasn't game ?

Because it didn't need to show any, the dog had plenty of drive and grit but it's gameness was in no way tested.

• Like 1

As above what are your thoughts alot say collies can pick there runs after a few seasons. But beddy makes them hunt up alot

After a few seasons ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Try from day one.

I believe there be some folk hunting malls in the uk now with good results ,I suppose a few rabbis ought will suffice even A pure Malinois A good solid animal that don't mind a bit of everyday up and downs of human nature where has some herders piss there sens when even abit of eye contacts made and become shivering wrecks but hey I suppose like animals there's men that can hack abit and there's this shivering wrecks ,irrispectable of size etc. If there's one thing I hold in high esteem and that's gaminess I believe gameness his bred in both man and performance animals but alas some just ain't got it. Malls ain't game bred neither are collies but the former his a far better option in today's herders for Lurcher production. Atb bunnies

There's plenty of good hard working cur dogs worth breeding off but you won't find them at Hancock's or at agility shows or advertised at stud on Facebook..That's a fact too ?

• Like 5

I believe there be some folk hunting malls in the uk now with good results ,I suppose a few rabbis ought will suffice even A pure Malinois A good solid animal that don't mind a bit of everyday up and downs of human nature where has some herders piss there sens when even abit of eye contacts made and become shivering wrecks but hey I suppose like animals there's men that can hack abit and there's this shivering wrecks ,irrispectable of size etc. If there's one thing I hold in high esteem and that's gaminess I believe gameness his bred in both man and performance animals but alas some just ain't got it. Malls ain't game bred neither are collies but the former his a far better option in today's herders for Lurcher production. Atb bunnies

Time will tell Bill,...time will tell... ;)

• Like 1

I know there still can be found cur types collie types but lots acollie Lurcher lads adding malli blood in to the curs why, I believe fa general hardiness and me tall hardness plus maybe a few other positives time does tell all we know that but the only thing that's against he mall xes ,his there ain't enough of them being bred and tested there's fecking thousands of collies and only one maybe two f1types fugis don and Ray's Bryn on the hunting life fa crying out loud where are all these old type cur xes that are doing it today llloydies dogs carry lots of whippet plus grey ,and the colour character action of the collie the rest are either saturated in saluki or grey and bull or both ,let's be honest it's a bit like the alsation type back in the day Hancock bred a litter of these also but has we no mr Plummer advised him to end this breeding with pretex they had maladies like dysphasia well in there was those of us that knew that on first generation this his and would not be the case let's not all be negative and try have some positive thoughts ,more so yourself mr Lloyd ya have had enough enjoyment etc out our jukels the Lurcher atb bunnies

:hmm:Not against any breeding project fellah,..in fact, I applaud anyone who tries to improve their line of lurchers...

I have always done so myself,...tried various hybridisations .. :thumbs:

So, best of luck to anyone who wants to walk on the wild side..... :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

I have nowt against the Mal x's Bill,my lad has an ex protection Mal,it's very very biddable & not a bother kind,he's a cracker of a dog he is,bit of age about him nowadays but he was good at his job in his day..Like I say i have no axe to grind with anyone about them,might even chuck the dog over one of my bitches & see what comes out lol..Old Swift is in season just now ?..She's too pretty for an ugly Mal over her haha ✌

Of course experimenting is the way forward or you just stagnate. All established Lurchers now where at one time an experiment.

Testing and culling is the way forward, plain and simple.

As for the rest i suppose you could look at it like this.......if a beddy or Collie x is your type of thing then get one, not everyone will get on with them same as some people get on with Labs and not spaniels......it comes down to your own temperament.

I couldn't have a collie lurcher, would drive me nuts......I have a farm collie mongrel sat on my yard as I type this, brilliant with cattle, sheep, pig..... you name it and she will naturally help you move it, never taught her it she just does it.

Would she bring anything I personally wanted to the party in a lurcher?........would she f**k, not for me amigos........but that's just me, others may wantball that.

Now we come to the Mal, to me it's simple, whybwould you use a dog that has pretty much been selectively bred for man work for as long as anyone can remember when you have hunting curs out there that have been selectively bred for hunting for just as long ?.........that just makes no sense to me.

There are lines of collie, saluki, bull, beddy and all manor of other based lurchers out there......tried and tested.........why use a man work dog ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

Just to add, if anyone thinks that a human aggressive dog equates to bottle when faced with another creature that is proving a test then they are, imho, talking bollocks I'm afraid.

The dog with the biggest heart I ever saw was a little 13lb animal that would throw itself into the fray to the point of death with critters 4 times its size......that dog never once curled a lip to a human being or even another dog......even when being patched.

Man aggressive dogs are curs in my limited experience when faced with another big set of teeth.

Has anyone said human aggression equates to being able to handle teeth?

After all, people don't use Rottweilers for lurcher breeding, do they?

I think because someone uses a malinois, it has little to do with human aggression......

Let's not kid each other mate, the fact is most likely this.......someone has watched 3 videos on YouTube of a police Mally diving across the bonnet of a car and felling some would be rioter and thought to themselves "That looks handy, I bet that would be the bollocks over a track greyhound !"

That will be about the strength of it !

• Like 3