What Adds More Drive Into A Lurcher Beddy Or Collie?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ Fuji...   I think we have all been guilty of staying up too late and getting ourselves embroiled in senseless argument,...it is part and parcel of being passionate about the dogs. It is always

i like a bit of beddy and collie in my dawg

73 next month, happy as pigs in shit, got myself a decent little rabbiter , wife keeps asking me , what do you want for your birthday, nowt is my reply, ive got it all

Posted Images

For drive, rather than gameness, the greyhound is going to supply plenty, most would happily run themselves near to death.

true that, greyhounds and whippets have plenty of it, had drop of pit to either of this 2 breeds , then you get both drive/ guts in these 2 type xs, and bit of brain pits are not thick, a loyal/determined dog . ive seen a none ped male whippet go up and over a 8ft wall , it seen a bloody cat and went after it, the dog was only 22in , feck knows it got up there , some of them none ped males down the track were fiery buggers only 30-32 lb ,a fox, cat they pile in to it lol, greyhounds just as bad when there blood up , and bloody strong with it . :yes:

• Like 2

For drive, rather than gameness, the greyhound is going to supply plenty, most would happily run themselves near to death.

true that, greyhounds and whippets have plenty of it, had drop of pit to either of this 2 breeds , then you get both drive/ guts in these 2 type xs, and bit of brain pits are not thick, a loyal/determined dog . ive seen a none ped male whippet go up and over a 8ft wall , it seen a bloody cat and went after it, the dog was only 22in , feck knows it got up there , some of them none ped males down the track were fiery buggers only 30-32 lb ,a fox, cat they pile in to it lol, greyhounds just as bad when there blood up , and bloody strong with it . :yes:

Non peds have a lot of terrier and grey in their lineage .I have had a few and rate them as some of the best rabbiting dogs quickfire 30 yarders, some have the bollocks to take charlie with a vengeance and feral cats for fun, as for being shivery little things, just another myth. Back to the original post beddy or collie, i pondered this question with a couple of mates and we bred a litter of beddy grey x collie greys my bitch is 9 years old now and has done what i required of a general purpose lurcher 23tts lamps, mooches, works the nets, best nose on a dog ive owned certainly not a world beater but shes a good working dog not a one trick pony. ATB KIC.

• 3 weeks later...