What Adds More Drive Into A Lurcher Beddy Or Collie?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ Fuji...   I think we have all been guilty of staying up too late and getting ourselves embroiled in senseless argument,...it is part and parcel of being passionate about the dogs. It is always

i like a bit of beddy and collie in my dawg

73 next month, happy as pigs in shit, got myself a decent little rabbiter , wife keeps asking me , what do you want for your birthday, nowt is my reply, ive got it all

Posted Images

just my thoughts and experience of running both of these crosses, firstly a lot of colliexs,are thinkers,and work situations out to suit them selfs,alot of lurcher men class this as a cunning clever dog,seen alot that would stalk up to get close to rabbits, and alot that would stand and stare at rabbits till they made amove especially when lamping,not for ME, bedlington xs are more doers if the right type of bedlington is used,they are more up and at em,and game for anything,but alot more head strong,than colliexs,butjust my opinions on them,out of both crosses i would favour the bedlingtonx,if you have the patience to train them,but not slagging tese crosses off as both can make great workers,in the right hands.

• Like 1

had both xs , and wouldn't have either again. If you want drive and bit of guts in your lurcher, a bull or wheaten , will give this deff . And bull xs are not hard to train, pits are not thick, they like to please there owners , i had bitch was easy to train . and not all bull xs are big dogs there few about not to big, and most wheaten xs are not to big either. If you fancied a herding type , and dont want all the collie traits , then i go for a kelpie x , they give plenty of drive and tough type dog .

• Like 3

had both xs , and wouldn't have either again. If you want drive and bit of guts in your lurcher, a bull or wheaten , will give this deff . And bull xs are not hard to train, pits are not thick, they like to please there owners , i had bitch was easy to train . and not all bull xs are big dogs there few about not to big, and most wheaten xs are not to big either. If you fancied a herding type , and dont want all the collie traits , then i go for a kelpie x , they give plenty of drive and tough type dog .

im the same as you mate you ain't Gona beat a bull or Wheaton type for drive not in a million
  • Like 2

:hmm:A curious analogy....

By its very nature,..a Terrier has been selectively bred, to seek out and Kill its quarry,...whereas, a purpose bred Herding breed has been created, to move its quarry around,...and preferably,.not fecking kill it... :laugh:

I've kept, bred and worked, lurcher dogs with both influences,...had no real complaints or major problems with any of them,..however,..nowadays,..being an oldy and only wanting the quiet life,..I do prefer the herding dog composites. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

From my humble experience Picardy shepherd adds more than enough drive and courage to a lurcher

i agree with u 100% but to take it to another level and ive said this a few times on this web site the working dutch shepard or working malinois is goning to blow everything out of the water.and when i say working i mean knpv lines.

• Like 1