Walshie For Mod Father

Ffs lads

When did THL , become a political web site , there's nothing to be gained , by been at each other's throats , none of us

can change the past !

Can we not just agree to disagree , and leave it at that , good fourm friends could fall out over this , and bad words would take a long time to heal

Just my tuppence worth

• Like 1

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would never be a fair vote, Moxy will close the thread if it's not to his liking

And just so we know what we are talking about, little Johnathan Ball (above) was 3 when he was blown to bits in Warrington.......my youngest little lad is 3......he don't see any wrong in the world...

They reckon the IRA planted it.

Posted Images

I reckon the mods see themselves as the gang off Auf Wiedersehen Pet and Walshie as Tim Healey :hmm:

They,ve been showing every series on the Yesterday channel lately i cant believe how much is being edited out every f**k shit or bollock,even scenes that could possibly be seen as sexist or aggressive in some way........shame as it was a cracking series back in the day.

• Like 2

Ffs lads

When did THL , become a political web site , there's nothing to be gained , by been at each other's throats , none of us

can change the past !

Can we not just agree to disagree , and leave it at that , good fourm friends could fall out over this , and bad words would take a long time to heal

Just my tuppence worth

hard to leave a thing when youve a small minded bitter twisted near human screaming about how much he hates you even worse when he's never met you.

Thing is wilf planting a bomb is easy . Lay it and walk away with no regard to consequences. Just like the one yesterday trying to kill a copper.

having said that the mount batten bomb was remote controlled so he watched the kids getting on that boat and the young irishmans son who wanted to go sailing with them. Now that was one twisted f**k who detonated that!

Also mountbatten was all for giving them a united ireland.

Question that I have never seen asked, if the British army had done as the republicans wanted and just f****d off what would have happened to all the protestants who had wanted to stay part of the union and supported the British?

Hard to say as we never have to witness it, but maybe a total bloodbath turning it into a 3rd world country? We can tune into the satellite and see several theatres where religious divisions take offense at each other. They're not exactly tourist destinations... I'm sure most can agree that they're glad it didn't get to that stage, although some will argue that it was close.

i wouldn't want to stay in any country with that much hatred there, what chance have the kids got living in a place like that , with whats put in front of them :yes: dont think we should have gone in there , let them self run it , just let the police keep law/order there

:yes: Spot on Bird. That comment is as applicable to Ireland as it is to any current war zone.

fortunatly ive never been involved with religious stuff years ago i was on cable laying vessels out of greenock scotland .first time i ever came accross sectarionism very strong cahelic /protistant divide up there , may have changed now but 40 odd years ago it was a strong divide up there

Ffs lads

can change the past !

Just my tuppence worth

x2

Ffs lads

can change the past !

Just my tuppence worth

its only having the craic..lol....only goes serious here when they lift the many weapons lying about. :thumbs:

i wouldn't want to stay in any country with that much hatred there, what chance have the kids got living in a place like that , with whats put in front of them :yes: dont think we should have gone in there , let them self run it , just let the police keep law/order there

:yes: Spot on Bird. That comment is as applicable to Ireland as it is to any current war zone.

Now I don't want to upset anyone so I'll try to be sensitive. Do you really think that can be applied to this situation? The way I see it this same problem is seen all over the world where historically a colony was established and never successfully repelled by the natives of the day leading to the progeny on both sides many many generations later having a social and often ethnic divide. Pretty much the story behind the birth of every country.

I think it's reasonable to say that today simply colonising already colonised land isn't cricket and is generally considered unethical and therefore illegal. So I'm not saying what happened back then was right, at least based on my knowledge of history. However pragmatically we are where we are. 400 years later and the Irish progeny of the protestant colonists are born into what they quite rightly consider their own country. Same as I am the progeny of a couple of different colonists that took over my country from the Welsh and later the Angles, LOL. Why should the Unionists have an obligation to leave Ulster any more than I have the obligation to leave England, the yanks leave the US or the Ozzies leave Oz?

It all gets a bit messy and all over a 400 year old land grab. Obviously the modern conflict isn't simply over what happened 400 years ago, there's been plenty of petrol thrown on that fire to keep it burning.

Today we have to deal with what happened in the years of colonialism the best we can. Righting wrongs by committing more wrongs surely ain't the answer? Self determination is the only way forward and if N.I chooses to unify with the Republic then that has to be respected I think and vise versa.

It was the british gov who fuelled the divide, to keep irelanfmd as theres, so they used the protestants to keep catholics downtrodden, brainwashed by divide, protestants are reformed catholics ffs, theres not that much difference at all.

The reformation proves this, its really stupid, but as usual the brit gov capatalised on this, an here we are ytoday.

Ive protestant family members, iv no problem at all with them, its the brits army occupying ireland, thats my problem.

If the prods just realise the brit gov used an abused them, to keep ireland under siege, therefore under control.

Its time to let go of the past, ireland reunited shall prosper, catholic protestant, whatever, the bitter loyalists might start violence , but the new irish police force will sort that how ironic will that be.

Edited by Francie