Scottish Independence

theres still alot to happen, alot of ifs, there is talks of the finance sector moving from london to edinburgh (or dublin) as it already has the making of a big financial hub.. i was just pointing out it wasnt as bad as the previous member made out...

lies, years of waste, poor management and thought of whats to come, id prefer the chance to take a different path

The financial sector more likely to move to Frankfurt or Paris.

I very much doubt it will go anywhere as England will have the freedom to offer all kinds of tax breaks being independent.

Plus the bankers would not want to leave a big city with all it has to offer those who have lots of cash to spend.

f***ing pie in the sky mate.

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's j

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK. I can't quite grasp the snp's idea

I was a yes,,,but now a no,, dont want EU,,, rather be with a English bull dog than a Brussels sprout lol

Posted Images

Spain, Portugal and France have stated they would veto Scotland joining the EU.

They have similar situations within their own countires. They would risk / lose a huge amount if those areas broke away as well.

Serious question, what would the EU gain by having an independent Scotland within the EU ? What does Scotland truly offer ? Genuine question I'm not having a dig.

As far as I know North Sea oil is outside their borders anyway, even if it was theirs they based their economy last time off the price of oil (which crashed massively).

What do they produce ? What is their expertise ? How would they support themselves ? I'm genuinely interested.

As we voted to leave the EU, if they truly want it they should be able to go for it. Whether the EU want them or not, I'm not so sure.

The EU will take anybody, it's not about what counties have to offer, it's just about expansion and control.

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's just an England hater .

• Like 12

If sturgeon didn't get her own way in another referendum, would it be "best out of 5" etc. until she gets her way?

To be honest. I never wanted Scotland to leave the Union. But if it gets those SNP bellends out of our Parliament, then bring it on.

I feel sorry for the Scots who want to remain in the Union, because all the time they have a deluded gormless cow like sturgeon at the helm, their future is not certain, even though they have already voted. She hasn't thought any of it through.

The SNP are also damaging the image of the UK and it's ability to make a go of it without the EU.

Negative sentiment from Krankie gives out bad messages to foreign investors, who want to know the kingdom is stable and has a good size economy to be worth investing in.

Her are the rest of the remoaners are the second biggest obstacle to us making a successful go of this, the first being EU which may plan to punish us to stop others following our exit.

The SNP are also damaging the image of the UK and it's ability to make a go of it without the EU.

Negative sentiment from Krankie gives out bad messages to foreign investors, who want to know the kingdom is stable and has a good size economy to be worth investing in.

Her are the rest of the remoaners are the second biggest obstacle to us making a successful go of this, the first being EU which may plan to punish us to stop others following our exit.

let them punish us, we're not part of it any more so don't play their games or pay the fines, won't be long til France come knocking for help to get rid of th sand niggers, then we should just say no go bollicks yerself
  • Like 1

Watford also voted to stay in EU....independence for Watford ?

If the result was flipped, and a Scottish vote to leave had swung it, against English wishes, would Wee Jimmy be quite so vocal on this ?

If sturgeon didn't get her own way in another referendum, would it be "best out of 5" etc. until she gets her way?

To be honest. I never wanted Scotland to leave the Union. But if it gets those SNP bellends out of our Parliament, then bring it on.

I feel sorry for the Scots who want to remain in the Union, because all the time they have a deluded gormless cow like sturgeon at the helm, their future is not certain, even though they have already voted. She hasn't thought any of it through.

Last time I think a lot hated the thought of Scotland leaving and wanted them to stay, this time I got a feeling more will be of the opinion just go do what you want, next time it will be a case stop threatening to leave and just f***ing go, SNP is basically making us dislike the Scots so they can say why stay with a country which dislikes us so much lets vote out.

Maybe they could take London as well as they wanted to stay in ?

Is a shame they are poisoning peoples minds with there stupid shit.

Edited by Paulnix
  • Like 1

I can't believe anyone involved in hunting shooting and fishing or the country way off life would want anything to do with that poisonous little witch sturgeon ....all it done was split the country down the middle .

• Like 8

When the first independence referendum came about I took particular interest because I am a Welsh Nationalist and had always hoped we would one day return to being an independent nation however things have changed. When Scottish friends of mine were not allowed to vote because the no longer lived in Scotland and yet ex pats were allowed to recently vote in the recent EU referendum I saw the double standards and how these might have influenced the results. Scotland does have much to offer but the main thing which is as we know the oil is only a finite resource. However there are some amazing technological companies up around Aberdeen I think and Scotland is becoming known for it's ingenuity and so maybe it could survive. What I didn't like was how Nicola Sturgeon played the tactical "I'm only interested in protecting Scotland card" when all along she is simply looking to further her own aims, the same as any politician. I just hope she isn't going to do to Scotland what the Bexit brigade have done for us. I voted to leave the EU for reasons to do with my line of work and because the sanctions imposed upon the UK farmers were crippling them but now we have gotten the result it seems as those loudest campaigning for it have left to abandon us all to our fate. If Scotland were to ever gain independence I would wish them all the luck and just hope that once she has led them there that Nicola would not simply leave them drifting up the creek

When the first independence referendum came about I took particular interest because I am a Welsh Nationalist and had always hoped we would one day return to being an independent nation however things have changed. When Scottish friends of mine were not allowed to vote because the no longer lived in Scotland and yet ex pats were allowed to recently vote in the recent EU referendum I saw the double standards and how these might have influenced the results. Scotland does have much to offer but the main thing which is as we know the oil is only a finite resource. However there are some amazing technological companies up around Aberdeen I think and Scotland is becoming known for it's ingenuity and so maybe it could survive. What I didn't like was how Nicola Sturgeon played the tactical "I'm only interested in protecting Scotland card" when all along she is simply looking to further her own aims, the same as any politician. I just hope she isn't going to do to Scotland what the Bexit brigade have done for us. I voted to leave the EU for reasons to do with my line of work and because the sanctions imposed upon the UK farmers were crippling them but now we have gotten the result it seems as those loudest campaigning for it have left to abandon us all to our fate. If Scotland were to ever gain independence I would wish them all the luck and just hope that once she has led them there that Nicola would not simply leave them drifting up the creek

Boris is Foreign Secretary

Andrea Leadsum is Secretary of State for farming

David Davis Secretary of State for Brexit

Liam Fox Secretary of State for International Trade

Priti Patel Secretary of State for International Development

So who are the people you talk about that have 'abandoned us'?

• Like 2

The deluded bint has said she wants to be out of the Union, but in the EU with open borders between Scotland and England. How's that going to work?

Boatloads of scumbags flooding into Scotland and catching a bus to where they wanted to be in the first place. Incredible.

The deluded bint has said she wants to be out of the Union, but in the EU with open borders between Scotland and England. How's that going to work?

Boatloads of scumbags flooding into Scotland and catching a bus to where they wanted to be in the first place. Incredible.

Ireland have something very similar now.