Scottish Independence

This joe was told by me during the last round of bullshit that

1 - the oil was not theirs nor was it enough to base an economy on (was I right joe? If you had got independence you would be a basket case economically)

2 - if they did get Indy and continued with using sterling they would effectively be a banana republic with no fiscal control

3 - they would have zero chance of joining the EU within the next 10 years because spain will veto them

4 - they'd be bankrupt within 5 years and begging for help which would put them in a very weak position (far weaker than now) with both the EU and the UK in terms of negotiations....

Oh and lastly the wee sweaty socks have absolutely no say in what happens with the UK and the EU no matter how much krankie lies that they do :laugh:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's j

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK. I can't quite grasp the snp's idea

I was a yes,,,but now a no,, dont want EU,,, rather be with a English bull dog than a Brussels sprout lol

Posted Images

This joe was told by me during the last round of bullshit that

1 - the oil was not theirs nor was it enough to base an economy on (was I right joe? If you had got independence you would be a basket case economically)

2 - if they did get Indy and continued with using sterling they would effectively be a banana republic with no fiscal control

3 - they would have zero chance of joining the EU within the next 10 years because spain will veto them

4 - they'd be bankrupt within 5 years and begging for help which would put them in a very weak position (far weaker than now) with both the EU and the UK in terms of negotiations....

Oh and lastly the wee sweaty socks have absolutely no say in what happens with the UK and the EU no matter how much krankie lies that they do :laugh:

mushroom, i expected you pages ago mate... i dont agree with everything you have listed there, i think we debated those things many times, it always ended up with you throwing toys out the pram , saying youd never reply to me again, then a few days later id normaly see a post from you.. i only wish yes side had won, then you could maybe prove you were right.. ;)

if an indyref2 comes, i look forward to debating with you

Edited by Joe1888

was also more talk today about the 5 general purpose light frigates, maybe more, that would " probably" be built on the clyde keeping jobs past the next decade.. the point is, it was stated many times only the union could guarantee jobs on the clyde, that doesnt look the case at the moment

If you leave the union you WILL lose the work, it's an established Defence policy. Remaining in the Union is guaranteeing work and in all probability the 2015 SDSR will result in more work due to the commitment to optimise the frigate fleet and increase the total combat fleet.

It's right to remain dubious and maintain political pressure to ensure you get the volume of work promised in 2014, but to call this a failed promise and demanding that you build 13 GCSs is cutting your nose off to spite your face. There's a very good chance this move will in fact result in more ships being built at Clyde.

another good post mate

do you believe its the design is only 60% complete thats holding it back or lack of money as former first sea lord admiral west suggests, whats ever it is, is putting jobs at risk.. if only we could get one or two opinions from those workers who voted no...

Edited by Joe1888

another good post mate

do you believe its the design is only 60% complete thats holding it back or lack of money as former first sea lord admiral west suggests, whats ever it is, is putting jobs at risk.. if only we could get one or two opinions from those workers who voted no...

I don't know Joe mate. Hasn't there been design specification concerns over performance in the Gulf brought about by failures in the Destroyer fleet? Something to do with the requirement to perform in such environments but it wasn't defined that they would be expected to perform continually and are failing under the stress....

IMO we just have to be pragmatic about these things. Projects like these always suffer inefficiencies and problems, it's got to be expected.

Hopefully this cheaper general purpose frigate project will commercially be a good move for the UK and Scotland, offering an advanced premium frigate and cheaper alternative to the market as well as the RN.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Yes it has been done to death, I know several Scott's lads and they all say independence would be the ruin of Scotland especially with the oil economy being on its arse

this was the vid i was looking for the other day, if only they said that before the indy ref..

Joe, Joe, Joe......

You can carry on spamming as many clips as you like, but here's the rub.

If SNP had won the first referendum, you would have left the UK (and, therefore, all the institutions of which the UK is member, including the EU).

Now, the SNP wants another referendum, to try to remain a part of the organisation that they would have been forced to leave, had they won first time around.

Which is it, mate, because Wee Jimmy's flip-flopping is just a tad embarrassing to anyone who looks past the sound bites and gives this a little bit of thought ?

I dont agree mate, if you go back to previous posts.. Most yes voters believed if there was to be a yes vote, scotland would gain entry to the eu, membership would have been gained within the two years. Are we going to repeat all the old posts again?

I dont know all the ins and outs, some members of the eu are saying no, some are saying scotland would only need a majorty, i think common sense tells us, when the time comes, and it comes to it, the eu wont refuse scotland

Another vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZONWQ8VOOg

Mate I'm really not interested in little snippets of YouTube..... I'm sure I could find a clip to support any whacko idea I care to dream up.....

The apparent desire to take your sovereignty back from the Union, then immediately hand it over to the French and Germans, reinforces my belief that Wee Jimmy knows that the Scottish economy cannot be self-sustaining - it needs the support of a larger benefactor to go forward.

The free prescriptions, free university fees and so on aren't actually free - I accept that Scots make their own contribution, but they are essentially paid for with money from the other members of the Union........do you really imagine that Merkel and her henchmen will be so generous ?

The misery they have heaped on the Greeks will be nothing compared to the hoops you will be forced to jump through.

Scotland needs either the Union or the EU - complete independence is a pipe dream, or a nightmare, if you make the wrong choice !

if you mean the uk pays for it all then thats been debunked many times, its a myth that scotlands to wee, to poor... britan is a political union that no longer works, look at the mess the uk is in, how can you argue thats the best way forward.. theres only one way the uk is going, its a similar story to the titanic..

the time will no doubt come, scotland will be able to make its own choices, choose a different path, hopefully with our neighbours support :thumbs:

Edited by Joe1888

?????????????

Some folk never learn, wee Krankie has already been told to fuuck off for a second ref'

I seriously wish we had a vote on booting you ungrateful twits out. Force you to live in the shit the people you voted for spout ;)

And before you get all excited Joe this is in no way directed/communicative towards you as opposed to all vote leave Scots.

• Like 1

if you mean the uk pays for it all then thats been debunked many times, its a myth that scotlands to wee, to poor... britan is a political union that no longer works, look at the mess the uk is in, how can you argue thats the best way forward.. theres only one way the uk is going, its a similar story to the titanic..

the time will no doubt come, scotland will be able to make its own choices, choose a different path, hopefully with our neighbours support :thumbs:

If Scotland voted to leave the Union, then that's fine by me - I wouldn't whinge and bleat, or force you to re-run the vote. I'm a supporter of democracy, you see, unlike Wee Jimmy who can't seem to accept that she's lost two referenda on the bounce !

And I'm prepared to bet that she'll lose a third !!

Edited by Blackbriar
  • 2 weeks later...

I see a Ugov poll has found that 52% of Scottish want to stay in the union.

what was the age group questioned in that?

from today, support is strong, and will grow more in the next few months

post-94610-0-96705700-1469891674_thumb.jpg

Most of those are probably too stupid to realise that you will be throwing away any real independence you have to the EU.

As a small country, you will have very little power in Europe, especially after Krankie goes cap in hand and accepts any scraps they offer her from the table.

Anyway, Spain will veto you for years, so you will be out of the UK, not even in the EU and you won't even have control of your currency as it will belong to another country.

I also hear that people are becoming more and more dissolutioned with Krankie, with the Etonian boys not running the show now in Westminster, the tory's are looking more and more electable. That woman conservative leader up there is a pretty decent politician too.