Scottish Independence

could be worse mate, could be "we are the people"... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

we are governed by westminster, not the eu.. id like to see scotlands economy managed in the interest of scotland, not westminster...

complain i post, then keep posting... cake and eat it?

You have done your level best to swerve this question loads of times mate, you know and I know and everybody knows that countries in the EU are governed in the best interests of the EU......so........I will ask yet again, what is the logic in gaining independance in order to give it away again?

Is there any logic in doing that, yes or no?

yes, scotland economy would be run in the interest of scotland, in the long run, it can only be better than the status quo.. no billions paid towards high speed rail that the country will never see, house of lords, trident etc etc

the money the eu grants scotland will be garenteed to go to scotland, not get lost in westminster.. we get all the gains from the eu and control our own economy..

That cash don't come without conditions, you can't just take your money and do what you want.. It don't work like that.. :doh:

what about the current situation, meeting those conditions and being granted money for your country and westminster decides to keep? should it work like that

Edited by Joe1888

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's j

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK. I can't quite grasp the snp's idea

I was a yes,,,but now a no,, dont want EU,,, rather be with a English bull dog than a Brussels sprout lol

Posted Images

we are governed by westminster, not the eu.. id like to see scotlands economy managed in the interest of scotland, not westminster...

Aye but if you leave the union then you'll be governed by Brussels then though Joe.

you agree scotland would be accepted in the eu, if it voted to leave the uk?

No Spain would veto them.

it was mentioned before, that only a majority might only be needed

today it was confirmed scotland could be placed in a "transitional holding pen" after article 50 is triggered wich could prevent scotland having to reapply

Might be and could be......lol

You have done your level best to swerve this question loads of times mate, you know and I know and everybody knows that countries in the EU are governed in the best interests of the EU......so........I will ask yet again, what is the logic in gaining independance in order to give it away again?

Is there any logic in doing that, yes or no?

yes, scotland economy would be run in the interest of scotland, in the long run, it can only be better than the status quo.. no billions paid towards high speed rail that the country will never see, house of lords, trident etc etc

the money the eu grants scotland will be garenteed to go to scotland, not get lost in westminster.. we get all the gains from the eu and control our own economy..

I don`t suppose there is any remote possibility of you developing the intelligence to realise that without the UK putting money in to the EU there`s not going to be many grants available, certainly not enough to even start making up for what Scotland will lose through the MOD moving stuff south, you`ll soon end up more bolloxed than Greece, and at least they get better weather to encourage tourism

i did read some myth in an really old book that there is countries in the world with populations similar to scotland and smaller, that do just fine on there own without the uk, they might have different priorities, might not waste billions on shaddowing the good ol usa for a seat at the table, but its said they can sleep at night knowning that, keeping them selfs to them selfs....

has to be a myth mate....

Edited by Joe1888

Joe you must be a politician because basically you are telling f***ing porky pies mate ! Lol

You are calling it "Independance" to appeal to the stupid but actually it's nothing of the sort that Sturgeon and her poisonous ilk want.......what they want is to make themselves safe in the EU cradle knowing how that gravy train works and knowing they will be good for 200k a year plus the exes from now until the cows come home.......they are selling Scitlands people out to the unelected in Brussels for their own sake and modelling it as some Mel Gibson film.

It's as see through as f**k Joe, you have been sussed matey ;)

• Like 1

I'd bet these other "Scotland sized countries" Joe says are doing well do a lot of things differently than we do here.. The standard of living will not be the same..

It's all getting a bit embarrassing this independence thing it's splitting Scotland

They won't be happy until it's NI mk2 up there some of them mate.

Well i wouldn't be opposed to that lol

After a couple years of purges in all probability there wouldn't be any SNP support left ☺

trick or treat ?

• Like 1