Scottish Independence

Most of those are probably too stupid to realise that you will be throwing away any real independence you have to the EU.

As a small country, you will have very little power in Europe, especially after Krankie goes cap in hand and accepts any scraps they offer her from the table.

Anyway, Spain will veto you for years, so you will be out of the UK, not even in the EU and you won't even have control of your currency as it will belong to another country.

I also hear that people are becoming more and more dissolutioned with Krankie, with the Etonian boys not running the show now in Westminster, the tory's are looking more and more electable. That woman conservative leader up there is a pretty decent politician too.

plenty small countries doing just fine, ones with even less going for them than scotland.. thats if spain do mate, ;) we dont have all the answers, can only make up our minds with the information provided..

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veto veto veto no chance for Scotland to join the EU.Does make me laugh though when a supposed nationalist wants to give their countries sovereignty away to the EU . Sturgeon is no nationalist she's j

Myself, as a Scot, I quite like the idea of a devolved Scottish government with more control of local and purely Scottish matters but still remain part of the UK. I can't quite grasp the snp's idea

I was a yes,,,but now a no,, dont want EU,,, rather be with a English bull dog than a Brussels sprout lol

Posted Images

Ireland can't afford ireland, never mind trying to afford Ulster as well.

And what some of the scots are saying is that they want independence so that they can give it away again?.....that's about the strength of it isn't it?

Most of those are probably too stupid to realise that you will be throwing away any real independence you have to the EU.

As a small country, you will have very little power in Europe, especially after Krankie goes cap in hand and accepts any scraps they offer her from the table.

Anyway, Spain will veto you for years, so you will be out of the UK, not even in the EU and you won't even have control of your currency as it will belong to another country.

I also hear that people are becoming more and more dissolutioned with Krankie, with the Etonian boys not running the show now in Westminster, the tory's are looking more and more electable. That woman conservative leader up there is a pretty decent politician too.

plenty small countries doing just fine, ones with even less going for them than scotland.. thats if spain do mate, ;) we dont have all the answers, can only make up our minds with the information provided..

What countries are doing fine?

Have a browse through this, it explains how public spending will have to either be slashed, or taxes bumped way up in Scotland if it became independent: http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/the-certainty-of-independence.html

Scotland's defecit building up at a much faster rate than the rest of the UK: http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8218

In other words, we're f****d if we leave the UK for the sake of Brigadoon and Braveheart. You think Greece is bad? Just wait till an independent Scotland would fare joining the EU and getting forced to adopt the Euro...

• Like 1

Have a browse through this, it explains how public spending will have to either be slashed, or taxes bumped way up in Scotland if it became independent: http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/the-certainty-of-independence.html

Scotland's defecit building up at a much faster rate than the rest of the UK: http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8218

In other words, we're f****d if we leave the UK for the sake of Brigadoon and Braveheart. You think Greece is bad? Just wait till an independent Scotland would fare joining the EU and getting forced to adopt the Euro...

what is the uks current defecit and debt?, how about most of the modern world... except norway

those stats are part of uk, if we leave, we have different choices to make instead of being tied to the uk

This is true up to a point. However, you're wrong to dismiss the possibilities of a separate Scottish currency. It would make all this discussion of tax revenues irrelevant. The only thing that would matter would be trade deficits.

The Scottish Government could run as big a deficit in Scottish Pounds as it chose to. The readjustment towards living within our means would come from external devaluation rather than the internal devaluation that Greece has experienced.

also pointed out there and in the indy ref many many times, scotland would also save alot of money, money that it currently that sends down south, that isnt included in those figures

Edited by Joe1888

switzerland

sweeden

norway

singapore

new zealand

ireland are recovering well

am sure theres a few more

my point is, if scotland did vote to leave... it wouldnt be the end, many small nations do well, scotland is no 3rd world country, there would be a defecit and debt, like near enough every nation.. doesnt mean it would be the end of the world and scotland would sink into the north sea

switzerland

sweeden

norway

singapore

new zealand

my point is, if scotland did vote to leave... it wouldnt be the end, many small nations do well, scotland is no 3rd world country, there would be a defecit and debt, like near enough every nation.. doesnt mean it would be the end of the world and scotland would sink into the north sea

Only two EU countries in that list, Sweden is the rape capital and Ireland is not doing great.

Maybe given time Krankie could make Scotland the rape capital of Europe.

switzerland

sweeden

norway

singapore

new zealand

Don't know if I need to point out the obvious but here gos .......

Switzerland.........World Banking centre

Sweden and Norway......natural resources, technology manufacturing, car making etc

Singapore........world banking and business centre

New Zealand......massive dairy and agriculture industry run in a state of the art manner (that dwarfs ireland and Scotland)

Ireland is f****d without the EU.....the whole economy is based on CAP subsidy and direct foreign investment (when these people pull whole towns go under)

Come on......you got to do better than that

your making out scotland has nothing, no skills, without england it would be....

scottish whisky, more than 4.3 billion and the uks biggest food and drinks export, but is classed as english ... so on record it doesnt show as scottish ;)

natural resources, oil and gas will continue to make money for many more years come

renewable engry, classed at the saudi arabia of renewables

if scotland were to become independent, we wouldnt have the skills to build cars etc etc???

we wouldnt have the skills for the london finace sector when it needs to move????

our people are unskilled and poor, what would we do... come on, you got to do better????

with full control, different paths can be taken, money can be saved, tough choices will have to be made, but they will be made in the interest of scotland, not westminster.. the uk is a political union that has failed

Edited by Joe1888

your making out scotland has nothing, no skills, without england it would be....scottish whisky, more than 4.3 billion and the uks biggest food and drinks export, but is classed as english ... so on record it doesnt show as scottish ;)natural resources, oil and gas will continue to make money for many more years comerenewable engry, classed at the saudi arabia of renewablesif scotland were to become independent, we wouldnt have the skills to build cars etc etc???we wouldnt have the skills for the london finace sector when it needs to move????our people are unskilled and poor, what would we do... come on, you got to do better????with full control, different paths can be taken, money can be saved, tough choices will have to be made, but they will be made in the interest of scotland, not westminster.. the uk is a political union that has failed

No way I'm I suggesting that Scotland is a bunch of spastics who can't do things, history has shown that's not the case.....but that ugly bitch Sturgeon claims she wants independence but then wants to sell you down the river by joining the EU whereby you will no longer have independence.......that's the bit I'm not getting?

Got to admire your enthusiasm Joe. At least we aren't getting the pages of rhetoric we had last time and those really boring youtube videos, but krankie hasn't thought it through has she?

Your list of small countries doing well, with the exception of Ireland all have their own currencies for starters. I assume we wouldn't let you keep the pound and if Spain keeps vetoing you joining the EU, you wouldn't have the euro either. What exactly would you have as a currency?

Sturgeon is so anti-English she would probably have rupees if it meant leaving the union. The English absolutely hate her guts and would love to see the back of her, but I would be sad to see the loss of the decent Jocks because of her self-serving agenda.

As Wilf says, you either want independence or you don't. Just handing over your decision making to a new master makes no sense.

The bottom line is if she managed to wangle a new referendum i think the result would be the same as last time. Maybe she'd go for a "best of 5" then?