Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

You say 8 years learning curv Gnash

Wasn't 18 mths to 2 years of that 8 without a fight due to the likes of Haye and Chisora pulling out on númerous occasions ?

Fury and Joshua are around the same age

This year is when them two should be getting it on.

It's what the paying public want to see

Boxers are nothing without the paying public.

If it comes off this year I think Fury stops AJ between rounds 9/12 or wins on points.

What do you think he was doing in those 18 months playing domino,s ?................age is irrelevant they are both big strong healthy young men.....what is important is ring time and experience.......Joshua has hardly any,Fury has a lot.

Obviously its the sooner the better for Fury but Joshua has still only fought 34 rounds in his entire boxing career.....thats not even 3 fights in ring experience !........but i dare say like the rest of his career he,ll be pushed in before he,s ready.

Love him or hate him...fact is if Fury hadnt of taken the belt off Klitschko...Joshua wouldnt be wearing it now...and thats what sticks in the throats of alot of boxing fans...the fact Martin came halfway round the world to make his first defense of the title shows its more about money than anything else...none of thats Joshuas fault...but all the likes of me want to see is Joshua in a good competitive fight...interested to see the outcome of the Takam-v-Parker IBF eliminator...then we a step closer...would like to see Joshua in with Parker...would also like to see him in with Tyson Fury...potentially some good fights out there to be made

but if AJ takes Parker out in a few rounds it will be same old saying he's not been tested Parker didn't turn up all the usual crap all these fighters surly can't all be the same having off days and not wanting to win?..... AJ ain't been tested yet because not 1 person that's been put in front of him can take it or put it on him it really is as simple as that... Whyte would trouble any man in that division with his power caught AJ rocked him he soaked it up beat him... Johnson durable never been stopped took klitchko and fury the distance people said this guy will see if AJ can do 12 rounds out if there in 2... It's only so long people can dress it up... If he beat fury it would be fury had no desire so didn't train but wouldn't have beat him when he had the desire.... There will always be something.... I see Joshua unifying the division and doing it with ease... That's my opinion anyway....
  • Like 3

Looking back on this thread, it seems to me folk will only be happy when AJ gets beat? What the hell is wrong with some folk.

The man fights for himself not me you or anybody else, he has made his choice of a living and that would be boxing.

Why should he take fights he might not be ready for just to please viewers.

GIve him time and he will have these fights, he won't have any choice, as he will be one of the best heavyweights in the world.

The better part of his future now will be defending or contending for titles, he's taken that step forward from were there is no stepping back, can some of you not be happy with that for now, the man has fully committed himself, no more small venues for him now, big fights big arenas big pressure to produce, not to mention the big pay days.

The man is a credit to British boxing, professional polite and respectful, unlike some others out there who can only seem to attract attention through controversy.

• Like 9

Well those are the 2 scenarios I see as most likely,if he changes tactics and tries to pressure Fury I think Fury will land some big shots while avoiding taking much damage and likely stop him.

Or he could try and bide his time and wait for Fury to make a mistake and try and capitalize.

I can't see any other options going by the last fight.

What fight plan do you think is his best bet?

It all depends what Klitcsko has left Neems and only he knows that.......on the first fight his legs looked like they had gone to me so if he,s shot he will have to try to drag Fury into a slugfest and Fury wont have that......despite all the piss taking Fury did about Klitchscko being a robot and boring etc etc Fury is actually just a bigger version of him !......he uses his advantages in size to good effect and has better footwork than Klitcscko,he doesnt carry as much power as Klitscko and their chins are probably about the same they are both basic jab and clinch fighters which is why it made for such a boring fight survival is priority in their minds and they,ll look for mistakes when at a safe distance to do so meaning Fury,s superior footwork gives his distance and range more variety.......particularly if Klitchsckos legs are shot.

Editted to add....you,ll have to excuse my spelling i dont think ive ever spelled the name Klitschko the same way twice :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Well those are the 2 scenarios I see as most likely,if he changes tactics and tries to pressure Fury I think Fury will land some big shots while avoiding taking much damage and likely stop him.

Or he could try and bide his time and wait for Fury to make a mistake and try and capitalize.

It all depends what Klitcsko has left Neems and only he knows that.......on the first fight his legs looked like they had gone to me so if he,s shot he will have to try to drag Fury into a slugfest and Fury wont have that......despite all the piss taking Fury did about Klitchscko being a robot and boring etc etc Fury is actually just a bigger version of him !......he uses his advantages in size to good effect and has better footwork than Klitcscko,he doesnt carry as much power as Klitscko and their chins are probably about the same they are both basic jab and clinch fighters which is why it made for such a boring fight survival is priority in their minds and they,ll look for mistakes when at a safe distance to do so meaning Fury,s superior footwork gives his distance and range more variety.......particularly if Klitchsckos legs are shot.

Editted to add....you,ll have to excuse my spelling i dont think ive ever spelled the name Klitschko the same way twice :D

Have you seen a recent photo of him gnash he looks to have aged and awful lot since also

Dominoes ain't fighting

He was inactive apart from training at the end of the day

Which would of held him back.

He has been a pro 8 years and boxed probably 5 times as many rounds as Joshua has.................cut that whatever way you like.

Have you seen a recent photo of him gnash he looks to have aged and awful lot since also

No i havent id be very interested to see him sparring...... though i very much doubt they would release footage of him at this moment.

No i havent id be very interested to see him sparring...... though i very much doubt they would release footage of him at this moment.

Not likey is it I still have my doubts whether he'll go in with the fight

but if AJ takes Parker out in a few rounds it will be same old saying he's not been tested Parker didn't turn up all the usual crap all these fighters surly can't all be the same having off days and not wanting to win?..... AJ ain't been tested yet because not 1 person that's been put in front of him can take it or put it on him it really is as simple as that....

That is so true......all heavyweight ko artists get compared to Mike Tyson as he was the most spectacular banger of our generation......yet i dont seem to recall anyone standing on their chair complaining about the quality of journeymen he was walking through !......folk were super impressed when baddest man on the planet was punching fork lift truck drivers through the ropes and into the front row for his first 25 fights yet big Josh has 8 or 9 easy learning fights and its all a big con !!

What i find ironic is how the man who got named after baddest man on the planet ( Tyson Fury ) fights absolutely nothing like him yet has still somehow managed to persuade the Mike Tyson fans that its no longer about spectacular ko,s but instead its about getting on the back foot jab and clinching :laugh:.....Its amazing what impression the offer of a Team Fury t shirt can have on some people :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

That's basically what I meant,if Wlad (easier to spell :thumbs: ) focuses on pressuring Fury it'll end badly for him,he's never been that sort of fighter,and if he's determined to make it a slugfest I can see him getting stopped.

He can't jab and clinch with a bigger heavier fighter.

I think his plan last time was just to wait for a mistake,if it was I don't see him trying that tactic again.

Tomo AJ is as ready as Fury never mind this he's had less fights ect ect

He's fighting at the sand level

What so folk want or need?

Two lads to be on the same no of fights?

Iv a feeling Josh and Hearn would quietly welcome a Klitch win so they won't have to face Fury anytime soon ?

Hopefully fury beats Klitch again and the paying British public get the fight they want to see sometime this year and not 4 years or so too late as in Pacman v Mayweather.

Fury v Josh could go either way

Josh might catch him and take him out early

It's possible

I just don't see a man in AJ that can go a tough 12 rounds

I want to see him have to dig deep and be tested

Furys the man to do that and IMO can win in the latter rounds or on points ?

AJ has a punch

IMO Fury the better feet and boxing ability

He's proven he had what it takes to go down get back up dig deep and win.

We don't know how game AJ is if at all ?

It's only opinions at the end of the day.

Why do folk want to see heavyweights get dragged into later rounds. They are giants and should be showing the paying public a knockout or a great chin in most fights not jabbing and running for 12. You don't goto the football and hope two teams play out a 0-0

It is how it is really who cares boxing is about boxing not quick knockouts as exiting as they are just beacuse they are heavyweights does not mean anything