Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

I watched an interview with AJ this morning and what a very humble and polite young man he is ... He wished fury the best of luck in his defence of the title .... Now that how a champion should conduct himself .........

Don't be fooled that's all I'm saying

Getting more cocky now won paper belt

I watched an interview with AJ this morning and what a very humble and polite young man he is ... He wished fury the best of luck in his defence of the title .... Now that how a champion should conduct himself .........

I know what your saying by don't be fooled but I genuinely reckons boxing has changed ajs ways. Also ibf isn't a paper belt

The belt it's way might not be paper the way an won it is paper if should still be with fury and was wrongly taken away they let two nobodies fight for it then let aj fight for it after 16 fights against possibly the poorest title holder in history

I know what your saying by don't be fooled but I genuinely reckons boxing has changed ajs ways. Also ibf isn't a paper belt
The belt it's way might not be paper the way an won it is paper if should still be with fury and was wrongly taken away they let two nobodies fight for it then let aj fight for it after 16 fights against possibly the poorest title holder in history
Charles martin was nowhere near ajs level but he was still good enough to knock over 20 professional heavyweights . Aj can only fight who's put in front of him
Worst title holder for along time that's for sure either heart of a slag or payed off and made to look genuine but judging by the look of pure shock on martins face on the first knock didn't I think it clear he underestimated the power and simply had enough China heart Edited by CushtyJook

I have a good laugh to myself reading these boxing threads. I know feck all about boxing or the fighters. But, I often wonder how many of the "experts" on here have actually been in the ring as a pro? There are some obviously, and they on the whole seem to make the most sense with their posts, as they know what it actually takes to just get in the ring.

The wanna-bee's would do themselves a service by listening to what they have to say.

TC

• Like 3

Maybe there is some jealousy but to be fair he's had to do things the hard way when joshua has had a much easier time of it .that's not to detract from joshua he's obviously got tallent but I can see it from furys view ...I'd be fecking jealous!

How do you work that out ?.......If either of them have had an easy time its Fury.......Fury didnt have the weight of expectation of an Olympic medal hanging round his neck.......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Joshua was pushed into a world title fight......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Fury was still being allowed to learn and develop knocking over cab drivers he was given the best part of 8 years to get to the same stage of his career Joshua was pushed to in 2 years........ Fury is a gypsy warrior who has been fighting since he was in the cot hasnt he ?.....Joshua was 18 years old before he even laced a glove up.

Do things the hard way my arse Fury has been left alone and allowed to develop at his own pace,allowed to get knocked over by journeymen and learn from it,allowed to complete his learning as a young pro.........Joshua has been forced to start defending a world title before he has even finished learning his trade !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

Maybe there is some jealousy but to be fair he's had to do things the hard way when joshua has had a much easier time of it .that's not to detract from joshua he's obviously got tallent but I can see it from furys view ...I'd be fecking jealous!

How do you work that out ?.......If either of them have had an easy time its Fury.......Fury didnt have the weight of expectation of an Olympic medal hanging round his neck.......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Joshua was pushed into a world title fight......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Fury was still being allowed to learn and develop knocking over cab drivers he was given the best part of 8 years to get to the same stage of his career Joshua was pushed to in 2 years........ Fury is a gypsy warrior who has been fighting since he was in the cot hasnt he ?.....Joshua was 18 years old before he even laced a glove up.

Do things the hard way my arse Fury has been left alone and allowed to develop at his own pace,allowed to get knocked over by journeymen and learn from it,allowed to complete his learning as a young pro.........Joshua has been forced to start defending a world title before he has even finished learning his trade !

What can AJ do to appease the boxing masses? If he took another 4-5 lets call them mediocre fights he would slated for having an easy ride, a similar finger was pointed at Bruno, I would prefer to call it schooling and learning the trade. But no AJ has taken all fights offered and produced the goods in a remarkable way. I just hope he has not won the belt to soon for his own good, being a world champion and learning at the same time could be a painful education, but I will stick my neck out to say I think AJ will become one of the greatest and most popular heavyweights the UK has ever seen.

• Like 5

I'm talking about the titles. ..fury went to Germany and against all odds and did what was thought to be impossible

And beat klitschko the super champion the traveller boy who became world champion theres a movie right there... now aj who I rate as I've said has obvious tallent through no fault of his own fought martin a poor champion at best have a look at his record http://boxrec.com/boxer/631078 most his opponents are unranked. So in that respect yeah I think it fair to say fury had the much harder deal..as for aj having to defend the title I'm sure he wouldent have fought for the title if he didn't think he could defend it.

What can AJ do to appease the boxing masses? If he took another 4-5 lets call them mediocre fights he would slated for having an easy ride, a similar finger was pointed at Bruno, I would prefer to call it schooling and learning the trade. But no AJ has taken all fights offered and produced the goods in a remarkable way. I just hope he has not won the belt to soon for his own good, being a world champion and learning at the same time could be a painful education, but I will stick my neck out to say I think AJ will become one of the greatest and most popular heavyweights the UK has ever seen.

spot on :yes:

I'm talking about the titles. ..fury went to Germany and against all odds and did what was thought to be impossible

And beat klitschko the super champion the traveller boy who became world champion theres a movie right there... now aj who I rate as I've said has obvious tallent through no fault of his own fought martin a poor champion at best have a look at his record http://boxrec.com/boxer/631078 most his opponents are unranked. So in that respect yeah I think it fair to say fury had the much harder deal..as for aj having to defend the title I'm sure he wouldent have fought for the title if he didn't think he could defend it.

Joshua is a pure competitor he would of fought for the world title on his debut if allowed to......but thats not sensible is it......sensible is taking as much time as necessary to learn your trade so that when the time comes for a world title shot you are perfectly prepared and have the best possible chance.......8 years in Fury,s case.

As a one off achievement going to Germany and winning against the odds was remarkable and Fury deserves every credit.......but would he of done that half way through his apprenticeship ? no of course he wouldnt......Joshua didnt really have that choice......and will never again have the luxury of finishing his apprenticeship as world champions cant go back to domestic level learning fights..........hence with longevity in mind Fury has had by far the easier and more importantly the correct path.

Edited by gnasher16

Joshua is a pure competitor he would of fought for the world title on his debut if allowed to......but thats not sensible is it......sensible is taking as much time as necessary to learn your trade so that when the time comes for a world title shot you are perfectly prepared and have the best possible chance.......8 years in Fury,s case.

As a one off achievement going to Germany and winning against the odds was remarkable and Fury deserves every credit.......but would he of done that half way through his apprenticeship ? no of course he wouldnt......Joshua didnt really have that choice......and will never again have the luxury of finishing his apprenticeship as world champions cant go back to domestic level learning fights..........hence with longevity in mind Fury has had by far the easier and more importantly the correct path.

Fair enough :thumbs:

didnt big frank jump streight in with tyson

Bruno fought tyson for the first time in his 35th fight

didnt big frank jump streight in with tyson

yeh, but tyson could punch , the only fighter at moment aj would struggle with his haye regards punching power, aj will beat T/F now, but they prob keep him away from haye for another 18 months :yes:

• Like 2