Boxing At The Weekend...

That's basically what I meant,if Wlad (easier to spell :thumbs: ) focuses on pressuring Fury it'll end badly for him,he's never been that sort of fighter,and if he's determined to make it a slugfest I can see him getting stopped.

He can't jab and clinch with a bigger heavier fighter.

I think his plan last time was just to wait for a mistake,if it was I don't see him trying that tactic again.

Yep fair points........the way we maybe see things slightly different though Neems is i havent seen anything in Fury that makes me think a Vlad that has legs cant close him down......Vlad hasnt got to this point of his career without knowing how to cut a ring down and Fury wont have ever been pressed by a pure athlete......that unrelenting horrible feeling you get as a fighter where you just cant keep the man off and sneak little breathers here and there.......ok Vlad is not a pressure fighter and never has been but if he has the legs to he can make Fury very uncomfortable.......Chisora i think was probably Furys best display i think he looked immaculate in that fight but then Chisora was not a world class pressure fighter who comes at you from different angles with a variety of shots......maybe its too late for Vlad to learn new things but i would still give him a fair to good chance of stopping Fury......but again,only if his legs are not gone which on the first fight they did seem to be :thumbs:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

That's basically what I meant,if Wlad (easier to spell :thumbs: ) focuses on pressuring Fury it'll end badly for him,he's never been that sort of fighter,and if he's determined to make it a slugfest I can see him getting stopped.

I think his plan last time was just to wait for a mistake,if it was I don't see him trying that tactic again.

Yep fair points........the way we maybe see things slightly different though Neems is i havent seen anything in Fury that makes me think a Vlad that has legs cant close him down......Vlad hasnt got to this point of his career without knowing how to cut a ring down and Fury wont have ever been pressed by a pure athlete......that unrelenting horrible feeling you get as a fighter where you just cant keep the man off and sneak little breathers here and there.......ok Vlad is not a pressure fighter and never has been but if he has the legs to he can make Fury very uncomfortable.......Chisora i think was probably Furys best display i think he looked immaculate in that fight but then Chisora was not a world class pressure fighter who comes at you from different angles with a variety of shots......maybe its too late for Vlad to learn new things but i would still give him a fair to good chance of stopping Fury......but again,only if his legs are not gone which on the first fight they did seem to be :thumbs:

I suppose so,I just can't picture Wlad keeping a lot of pressure on Fury of all people,I always got the impression he became so much more cautious later in his career because he knows he has a very bad chin.

You're probably right,intelligent pressure might be his best bet,but even if he isn't completely shot at his age it's not going to be easy for for him to keep that going for 12 rounds.

So do you think a stoppage is quite likely in this fight,one way or the other?

I suppose so,I just can't picture Wlad keeping a lot of pressure on Fury of all people,I always got the impression he became so much more cautious later in his career because he knows he has a very bad chin.

You're probably right,intelligent pressure might be his best bet,but even if he isn't completely shot at his age it's not going to be easy for for him to keep that going for 12 rounds.

So do you think a stoppage is quite likely in this fight,one way or the other?

I do mate yes......the mental battle between fighters in a rematch is always to better the first fight so for Fury anything apart from a stoppage will be a disappointment.......and Klitch.....Klicks.....Klitcks...........Vlad will know the chances of him getting on his toes and outpointing Fury over 12 rounds are highly unlikely......nice chatting to you anyway :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest Navek

Think 99.9 % of the people who don't like aj are travlers .... Why ?? Because they no full well he will put fury on his arse and take the belt from him...

Then they won't be able give it " travlers are the best fighten men I ever Sen in me life ...a travler is thee champ of thee world " bollox

Think 99.9 % of the people who don't like aj are travlers .... Why ?? Because they no full well he will put fury on his arse and take the belt from him...

Then they won't be able give it " travlers are the best fighten men I ever Sen in me life ...a travler is thee champ of thee world " bollox

It's more because he gets over hyped for no reason when we have the real champion in the uk in fury Edited by CushtyJook
Guest Navek

It's more because he gets over hyped for no reason when we have the real champion in the uk in fury
wouldnt call him a champ...his fight witch klitchko was nearly as entertaining as aj last fight .
Guest Navek

Klitchko mite aswell of sent him the belt in the mail would saved fury the plane fare

i think klitchkow retired 4 years ago an didnt tell anyone
the fight was shit to be fair couldn't realy call it a fight ..wasn't much of a punch up ..was just fury dancing around with the grace of a pissed up behemoth and klitchko trying to wipe the drivle from fury chin for him Edited by Navek

Tomo AJ is as ready as Fury never mind this he's had less fights ect ect

He's fighting at the sand level

What so folk want or need?

Two lads to be on the same no of fights?

Iv a feeling Josh and Hearn would quietly welcome a Klitch win so they won't have to face Fury anytime soon ?

Hopefully fury beats Klitch again and the paying British public get the fight they want to see sometime this year and not 4 years or so too late as in Pacman v Mayweather.

Fury v Josh could go either way

Josh might catch him and take him out early

It's possible

I just don't see a man in AJ that can go a tough 12 rounds

I want to see him have to dig deep and be tested

Furys the man to do that and IMO can win in the latter rounds or on points ?

AJ has a punch

IMO Fury the better feet and boxing ability

He's proven he had what it takes to go down get back up dig deep and win.

We don't know how game AJ is if at all ?

It's only opinions at the end of the day.

Max have you watched any vids of Hearns on YouTube .as I don't know where you get Hearns wants AJ to avoid Fury ...it looks like to me they would fight him tomorrow ....imo Hearns has been a breathe of fresh air in British boxing and has put some crackin shows on the past few years .....you say AJ can't go a tough 12 rounds ...you want to see him dig deep and be tested but you say Fury can what made you come to that conclusion? Or is it just another on of your opinions ? Because I don't know where you get Fury had to go down get back up and dig deep and win ....if you are referring to the Cunningham fight you have different ideas about what digging deep is to me .....
  • Like 2

Iv a feeling Josh and Hearn would quietly welcome a Klitch win so they won't have to face Fury anytime soon ?

I think you are wrong Max.

AJ is a fighting man. He won't give a toss who wins the Fury v Wlad fight. He will just be hungry to fight whoever it is.

But like you say. It's just opinions.

Maybe there is some jealousy but to be fair he's had to do things the hard way when joshua has had a much easier time of it .that's not to detract from joshua he's obviously got tallent but I can see it from furys view ...I'd be fecking jealous!

How do you work that out ?.......If either of them have had an easy time its Fury.......Fury didnt have the weight of expectation of an Olympic medal hanging round his neck.......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Joshua was pushed into a world title fight......after 32 rounds of pro boxing Fury was still being allowed to learn and develop knocking over cab drivers he was given the best part of 8 years to get to the same stage of his career Joshua was pushed to in 2 years........ Fury is a gypsy warrior who has been fighting since he was in the cot hasnt he ?.....Joshua was 18 years old before he even laced a glove up.

Do things the hard way my arse Fury has been left alone and allowed to develop at his own pace,allowed to get knocked over by journeymen and learn from it,allowed to complete his learning as a young pro.........Joshua has been forced to start defending a world title before he has even finished learning his trade !

What can AJ do to appease the boxing masses? If he took another 4-5 lets call them mediocre fights he would slated for having an easy ride, a similar finger was pointed at Bruno, I would prefer to call it schooling and learning the trade. But no AJ has taken all fights offered and produced the goods in a remarkable way. I just hope he has not won the belt to soon for his own good, being a world champion and learning at the same time could be a painful education, but I will stick my neck out to say I think AJ will become one of the greatest and most popular heavyweights the UK has ever seen.

didnt big frank jump streight in with tyson

yeh, but tyson could punch , the only fighter at moment aj would struggle with his haye regards punching power, aj will beat T/F now, but they prob keep him away from haye for another 18 months :yes:

Theres a good dozen heavyweights out there right now that would of given Joshua a better run for his money than Charles Martin...not saying they would of beat him...check out the Cuban south paw Luis Ortiz...i think he would send Haye straight back into retirement...if Ortiz can keep away from the P.E.Ds could wreck havoc on the division
Just had a look at this Ortiz, he looks the real deal. Can't see Haye wanting this fight or Joshua he'd be a right pain in the Arse for em. 27-0 like to see Haye or Joshua fight him and stop looking for the big pay day. Edited by stevo79

I don't think AJ has got any worries about 12 rounds mate, nobody can take him past 3.

But when it comes down to it, it wouldn't be an issue. Everyday lads are doing 12 rounds all over the country in boxing gyms for a bit of fitness.

• Like 1