How Far Is Too Far

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldnt say it makes anyone less of a " dogman " whatever that is supposed to be these days......but i think it stands to reason that someone willing to travel for the right dog is more committed th

Mushroom done Barcelona to england ....   i done 30 hrs of travelling , from belfast to liverpool then back and then over the border with the dog for someone else ...   if you seriously want some

Travelled Edinburgh to Sutton Caulfield a coupla times. Driven a full overnighter to pick up a pup.     Theres no distance limit for the right dog.   Fucksake, if you make the effort and drive t

You want what you want and as such, distance is no object if it's the right thing.

However, you should never let the distance cloud your judgement or thinking about the dog......judge it as if you had picked it up round the corner.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

from belfast to handcocks,

This topic is about traveling for the right dog you must of read it wrong should of gone to spec savers

turned out a smasher......great guarddog wouldnt be here the night only for him ,

• Like 1

Done Europe to UK for pups a few times if you want somthing you will travel simple traveld 8 hours and 12 hours for weekends digging plenty of times when I see people from UK to UK say it's to Farr to collect a pup what can give a possible 10 years loyalty and work I just think you don't deserve a decent pup

Got in the car with a stranger who i had spoke with a few times from another forum having just turnt 16. Didnt know where we was going until that morning when i called. Poor sod had to drive over 6hours and was refusing to take any money for it. Followed him to the car to say bye and had to throw the money in and walk away.

For the right dog i think id travel anywhere to be honest would be willing to go abroad if it was something i really wanted. Going to have years with the dog and bit of an adventure with a mate would be a laugh. Anytime me n my mate went to see any dog peoole we always had a laugh. Am not a shy person and love abit of banter, would always end up leaving london and going to what we would call the sticks lol. Basically anywhere that wasnt a concrete jungle. Anyway my black mate who also is dog mad would come with me and id convince him these people arent from london n probably racist. Have a few beers n then get on the subject of race with these blokes lol. Or give it abit of mouth without being rude but enough that my mate would be giving me a look and whisper to me not to get us in any trouble lol. Never did though always had a laugh n strangely aside from the dogs shared alot of the same opinions on different things.

Travelled Edinburgh to Sutton Caulfield a coupla times. Driven a full overnighter to pick up a pup.

Theres no distance limit for the right dog.

Fucksake, if you make the effort and drive to Jims he`ll feed you and get you pissed into the bargain, then give you clooties to take home. Christ, I`d go to his and NOT get a dog :laugh:

• Like 7

Drive anywhere for a dog tbh !! But let's be fair most lurchers will catch a rabbit and how many of us are really that game we was the best dog in the world? Most of us just want a honest dog that will catch a few bunnies and their not hard to come by

• Like 1

Done a 1000 mile round trip twice to line a bitch and the dog wasnt up too it ...cost me a few hundred quid in fuel each time ....done NE Scotland to London, Cotswalds ,Seaham ,Wirral and Middlesborough for terriers ...its all part of the game .

• Like 1

Drive anywhere for a dog tbh !! But let's be fair most lurchers will catch a rabbit and how many of us are really that game we was the best dog in the world? Most of us just want a honest dog that will catch a few bunnies and their not hard to come by

Some of us want that bit more and know what we want ....if it was as easy as that I would drive 10 miles along the road and get one of Haymins pups :tongue2:

• Like 2