How Far Is Too Far

I suppose it all comes down to what some people can afford to pay in fuel . People might not want to turn a £150 pound pup into a £300 . If you got the cash then it's no problem . Working mans prices not when your travelling 500 mile round trip it's not . I like driving it doesn't bother me I get a hell of a lot of miles for ittle cash in my work vehicle so I would travel anywhere in the uk , other people arnt so lucky .

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldnt say it makes anyone less of a " dogman " whatever that is supposed to be these days......but i think it stands to reason that someone willing to travel for the right dog is more committed th

Mushroom done Barcelona to england ....   i done 30 hrs of travelling , from belfast to liverpool then back and then over the border with the dog for someone else ...   if you seriously want some

Travelled Edinburgh to Sutton Caulfield a coupla times. Driven a full overnighter to pick up a pup.     Theres no distance limit for the right dog.   Fucksake, if you make the effort and drive t

If you want a ferrari, you dont have to go to Italy, but most folk would be better of with a ford anyway.

No thats right you dont have to go to Italy......but if you want the best of something theres no better place to go than the source.

Again,some folk are single minded others are open minded.

• Like 1

I once travelled 7 miles on bus ( by myself , no carer or anything ) to buy a pup ,when I got there after what must have been at least 45 minutes I realised I didnt have any money , so I had to make the return journey ( again on my own ) empty handed ,I waited for nearly 20 mins for the bus to take me home aswell !,,, what a day ! Now thats commitment.

• Like 2

ive travelled 8 hour trip just for a nights lamping , never mind pick a pup up lol . I suppose if you really want something you make that effort to get it, be it a animal ,car,gun, etc . I done 6 hour journey to get Buck my 1x gsd x grey , I knew he was well bred pup, his dam was e/e lines gsd which I wanted in a gsd , and his sire was very good greyhound razzmatazz , so I knew I have good chance of decent lurcher with bit of luck, and he been ticking all the boxes for me :thumbs: , it is a gamble with any dog lurcher,terrier , gundog ,etc you can put the miles and get not what you really wanted, and go local and drop lucky , you just need bit of luck, and good eye , and be true to your self :yes:

I drove 2000km round trip (Sydney to underbool) for my saluki x staghound and got a speeding fine on the way home. I had fun on the trip but I don't think I would travel any further, I think that is about my maximum, but who knows? I have had dogs shipped similar distances at my expense but underbool is in the middle of nowhere and shipping was not an option. At the end of the day if you want something you go and get it...

• Like 1

I once travelled 7 miles on bus ( by myself , no carer or anything ) to buy a pup ,when I got there after what must have been at least 45 minutes I realised I didnt have any money , so I had to make the return journey ( again on my own ) empty handed ,I waited for nearly 20 mins for the bus to take me home aswell !,,, what a day ! Now thats commitment.

I done a trp like that to dump a dog and the cnut was waiting at the gate when I got home

• Like 5

What you after next sandy??

Looking at a Galgo, what one might call a pure bred lurcher lol

Nottingham to Greenock just outside Glasgow ,,for Tara the kelpie cross...

Seen a stunning galgo last week sandy if that was what you were after,,,big fawn dog,,,talking to the owner who was hiking up the mountain behind our campsite,,,sadly it was rescued ,,,but he had it in terrific nick

friend here has one, also a rescue but they just can't stop it catching rabbits! lightly made but tough as old boots with stamina to burn.

I cant stand disorganised people with lazy mental attitudes like that......................................................i dont know how some of these carers can live with themself !

• Like 1

Have you got a breeder mate? Might be able to put you in contact with some ;)

How's ya Spanish? :laugh:

The owner of the one i mentioned above has an uncle that runs them, was offered a pup a few months back but had just took on Merlin so said no at the time :thumbs: .

Have you got a breeder mate? Might be able to put you in contact with some ;)

How's ya Spanish? :laugh:

The owner of the one i mentioned above has an uncle that runs them, was offered a pup a few months back but had just took on Merlin so said no at the time :thumbs: .

Let me know when you are over.... Get me in with them :laugh:

• Like 1

If you want a ferrari, you dont have to go to Italy, but most folk would be better of with a ford anyway.

No thats right you dont have to go to Italy......but if you want the best of something theres no better place to go than the source.

Again,some folk are single minded others are open minded.

True, but what people want and what people need are often very different. I've lost count of the number of times lads have over doggged themselves with a big bullx or saluki saturated top lines pup and ended up with a ruined dog. Had they taken a locally bred "average" dog they would have got on better with it and got more out of it.

• Like 2