How Far Is Too Far

Was looking at an advert on here for a couple of cracking lurchers pups for sale, and thinking if I was looking for a pup I would of jumped in car and gone and got one...then I saw the usual post "if only you was nearer" from some messer, had to laugh, but got me thinking what was the furthest i had traveled for a pup.

When I lived nr preston it was to plymouth on more than one occasion, then I moved North of the border so Fort William to South Wales ..that was a bit of a trek.

Whats the furthest you have traveled to collect a dog/pup?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldnt say it makes anyone less of a " dogman " whatever that is supposed to be these days......but i think it stands to reason that someone willing to travel for the right dog is more committed th

Mushroom done Barcelona to england ....   i done 30 hrs of travelling , from belfast to liverpool then back and then over the border with the dog for someone else ...   if you seriously want some

Travelled Edinburgh to Sutton Caulfield a coupla times. Driven a full overnighter to pick up a pup.     Theres no distance limit for the right dog.   Fucksake, if you make the effort and drive t

Mushroom done Barcelona to england ....

i done 30 hrs of travelling , from belfast to liverpool then back and then over the border with the dog for someone else ...

if you seriously want somehing youll travel were ever to get it imo

• Like 7

Mushroom done Barcelona to england ....

i done 30 hrs of travelling , from belfast to liverpool then back and then over the border with the dog for someone else ...

if you seriously want somehing youll travel were ever to get it imo

I drove from edge of Wales to Liverpool ,to Rehome a dog. ;)
  • Like 6

I sent a pup to Argentina once years ago !.........Id of thought nothing of driving ridiculous distances for the right pup cant see a problem with it myself some folk take breeding very seriously so if the blood is important you have to go where you can find it.

• Like 5

Not me personally but I've sent my Da to Holland to pick up a bulldog pup. Furthest I've been personally was to Scotland and back for a pup.

Nowhere is too far for the right pup, IMO.

I wouldnt say it makes anyone less of a " dogman " whatever that is supposed to be these days......but i think it stands to reason that someone willing to travel for the right dog is more committed than someone who is not.

If the blood is important to you then theres no choice anyway i know of people who have done some crazy things to get the blood they wanted.......doesnt make them any more " dogman " just means they are single minded in their commitment to what they want......i can respect that.

• Like 8