Silly Or Amusing Phrases.....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beat him like a ginger stepchild lol     Cheers, D.

If ever I did owt wrong, mi mam always said, I'll knock you into middle of next week, if you do that again :-)

"Her pussy was wetter than a spastics chin"   Ffs that's wrong but funny ?

In reply to 'I thought you knew/I thought you had it' etc, I've heard "You know what thought did ? Stuck a feather in the ground and thought he'd grow a chicken"........and I've heard it as far apart as Yorkshire and London.......

If someone says I thought this or thought that we would say see were thinking got you pissed in the bed and thought you were sweating

• Like 1

Any one who was a bit tight was a ""dry lunch " to mean to pay for gravy Or my mothers favourite was " he wouldn't give his shit to the crows ...any one who was being a bit nosey or shifty looking my old fella came out with " he's got eyes like a shit house rat " ...and the definition of impossible was " got more chance of swimming the Atlantic with a cooker on your back "

We say he wouldn't give you the steam of his piss

He's as tight as a ducks arse or a nuns knickers

He's that mean he counts his money twice

He counts his money in front of the mirror so he can't rob himself

In reply to 'I thought you knew/I thought you had it' etc, I've heard "You know what thought did ? Stuck a feather in the ground and thought he'd grow a chicken"........and I've heard it as far apart as Yorkshire and London.......

If someone says I thought this or thought that we would say see were thinking got you pissed in the bed and thought you were sweating

My nan would say 'thought he'd farted but he'd shit himself'

• Like 2

Whenever my nan saw or heard something unusual she'd say either, "Well I could o' seen a rowin' boat," or "well, I'll go to the bottom of our garden." Everybody I've told this says it's usually "...the foot of our stairs," but my nan always got things slightly arse about face.

Another, when somebody couldn't do something (usually somebody famous) was "She couldn't sing for toffee apples," once again it's apparently usually apples!

Back in the early 70's there was an older driver at the depot, and if you turned up for work having used after shave or deoderant, he would tell you 'You stink worse than a pox doctors clerk', or 'you smell like a Turkish brothel keeper's underpants'.

Back in the early 70's there was an older driver at the depot, and if you turned up for work having used after shave or deoderant, he would tell you 'You stink worse than a pox doctors clerk', or 'you smell like a Turkish brothel keeper's underpants'.

My wife's brother would say you "smell like a tart's handbag."

A bad driver....."couldny drive a pig tae the market"

If I called me mum 'she'......she would say "who's she, the cats mither?"

At dinner time my grandad would say "well that's good if a do say so myself"

Another one my grandad would say would be if something went wrong with my car....."it's a pig in a poke!"