Ghosts\ghost Stories

If people the world over can be mind f****d into believing in whatever religions then I can see how people believe so strongly about ghosts etc, like said before the brain is a very powerful thing!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One night many years ago when i was thumbing a lift home after a few drinks a small car pulled up alongside me it was very wet and cold so without hesitation i jumped in closed the door and looked

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the

That was spooky, I just read that post and instinctively knew what was gonna be in the next one   Cheers, D.

Posted Images

For any non believers ....... I only wish they where stood in hamsterly Forrest co. Durham

On the night a pack of hounds came past me in full crie but not like they where on a scent it was as if they had just got to and started breaking up a carcus.

The noise came up the valley with in 50yrds of me and continued on for a good minute and then stopped.

I was road working my dog that night and they have worked with hounds in the past but they did not go.

Very special mate, obviously scary but I am kind of jealous, the wild hunt legend Herne/Woden ;)

I'm on the bench with this subject I kind of believe there is some supernatural goings on as a kid I did see a few weird things but brushed them off as my imagination

1st was at my mums work about 20 years ago she worked at a animal sanctuary for horses place called clutter bucks farm in Leeds it was owned by a old strange lady and her garden was all over grown so as kids me and my brother used to explore it all the time as you do one day we both saw a white figure of a woman walking along with one arm in the air and had really bright red nail varnish we both clearly saw and both described exactly the same to our mother it was literally 15 ft from us and I vividly remember it to this day she just turned and walked away and sort of disappeared still shits me up to this day can not explain exactly what it was just spooky

2nd

Again as a kid I was awake one night watching out of window as used to all the time

I heard cow bells in the distance for a while there was a little guinel at top of street the bells were getting louder and louder then a figure of a really small woman with loads of bags and backpacks holding a bright lantern walking down the path and two cows wearing bells round there necks I slightly closed the window and just watched them walk away again I remember this like it was yesterday now I have a vivid imagination but pretty sure I did not image this up or dream it as it kept me awake all night

3rd

This was not me that saw it but around 7 years ago when 1st got with our lass she was staying at mine quite often and she always said she felt someone brushing up against her through night (no it wasn't me with a boner) after a few times of this happening it turned to someone grabbing her and she used to wake me up shitting her self one night she asked to swap sides in the bed which I did to try get some kip she woke up and there was a mirror on the wall that faced towards to door and a woman was stood in the doorway Staring at her and giving her a awful look like wanted to kill her our lass was absolutely terrified she closed her eyes and wouldn't open them until morning we moved out a few weeks later and she never stayed In the house again I lived there years and was where I saw the cows lol

So I do believe there something but just don't know what shits me up but really interests me these days

• Like 4

Is there any difference between people who swear they have seen ghosts and people who swear they have been abducted by aliens? Apart form the anal probing of course.

Walshie imo bird says its all in the mind, but he doesnt know for sure do you bird, cause you havent all the information, thats just your opinion,

The mind does play tricks, but that doesnt explain the millions of accounts of hauntings, sightings, around the world, an i mean genuine not fecking derek ocora, or ghost hunters.

On the alien thing walshie, its a real phonomenom, its happening, abductions, millions of americans say theyve had encounter, some are lying yes, but most are genuine, il tell you one thing, its not physical ships an beings from another planet, go an look at the thousands of video footage, 99% are light of some shape not craft,

I think ghosts an aliens are one in the same, extra dimensional, not extra terresterial, demons masqurading as dead realatives ghosts, poltergeists, aliens, ascended masters, etc, its all a deception, dont be fooled, thats my honest opinion

An no wonder, for satan himself masqurades as an angel of light.

Edited by Francie

Like bird, you don't know for sure either Francie. You don't have all the information either and that's just your opinion - as you say yourself. Is one of you right? Neither of you? Who knows?

Why would aliens choose to mostly abduct Americans? Is it because yanks are on the whole more suggestible? Or because there's more of them?

As for demons masquerading as dead relatives etc...we all have dead relatives, so why do these demons choose who they show themselves to? I've never seen anything that could ever be confused with a ghost/spirit/demon.

If and when it does happen though. Nah, I won't be fooled. :thumbs:

I didn't realise you were religious Francie. :laugh:

Im not religous, im a christian, its a personal relationship with God, the rest are religons, they work there way to God by works.very different mate.

An your right i could be wrong, an its not just americans, beg my pardon, europeans, russians japanese, etc have all experienced.

I think if you dont beleive in demons, satan or God, satan has no work to do, your already sealed your fate, but if your open to the supernatural, aliens etc, hel try his best to deceive you, to keep you from God, thats my opinion mate

• Like 1

http://www.skeptic.com/downloads/why-people-see-ghosts.pdf

Imagine that you are a hominid on the plains of Africa three million years ago. You hear a rustle in the grass. Is it just the wind or is it a dangerous predator? If you assume that the rustle in the grass is a dangerous predator but it turns out that it is just the wind, you have made a Type I Error in cognition, also known as a false positive, or believing something is real when it is not. That is, you have found a nonexistent pattern. No harm. You move away from the rustling sound, become more alert and cautious, and find another path to your destination. But if you assume that the rustle in the grass is just the wind but it turns out that it is a dangerous predator, you have made a Type II Error in cognition, also known as a false negative, or not believing something is real when it is, in this case a dangerous predator. You’re lunch! You are no longer a member of the hominid gene pool.

Our brains are belief engines, evolved pattern-recognition machines that connect the dots and create meaning out of the patterns that we think we see in nature. Sometimes (A) really is connected to (B), sometimes it is not. The baseball player who doesn’t shave (A) and hits a home run (B) forms a false association between (A) and (B), but it is a relatively harmless one. When the association is real, however, we have learned something valuable about the environment from which we can make predictions that aid in survival and reproduction. We are the descendants of those who were most successful at finding patterns. This process is called patternicity, or the tendency to find meaningful patterns in both meaningful and meaningless noise. The problem is that assessing the difference between a Type I and Type II error is highly problematic—especially in the split-second timing that often determines the difference between life and death in our ancestral environments—so the default position is to assume that all patterns are real; that is, assume that all rustles in the grass are dangerous predators and not the wind. This is the basis of all superstition and magical thinking.

Carl Sagan wrote: “There is no doubt that right-hemisphere intuitive thinking may perceive patterns and connections too difficult for the left hemisphere; but it may also detect patterns where none exist. Skeptical and critical thinking is not a hallmark of the right hemisphere.” In split-brain experiments Peter Brugger presented subjects with strings of letters forming either a word or nonsense to either the left visual field or the right visual field, instructing the subjects to respond when they recognized a word. The subjects also rated their belief in ESP on a 6-point scale. Results: skeptics had greater left hemispheric dominance compared to believers, and believers had superior right hemispheric performances compared to skeptics.

re ghosts and gods, angels and demons.

• Like 4

I always "sat on the fence" on this subject but the night my father in law died I was lying in bed when I felt a "presence" in the room I sat up and someone /thing sat on edge of bed couldn't see it but there was a large dent in the bed like someone was sitting there ,now owt like this would have me panicking but I felt no fear whatsoever. I visited mother in law next morning and told her about it ,a close friend had been to visit her earlier and told her the same thing ---strange?

I'm on the bench with this subject I kind of believe there is some supernatural goings on as a kid I did see a few weird things but brushed them off as my imagination

1st was at my mums work about 20 years ago she worked at a animal sanctuary for horses place called clutter bucks farm in Leeds it was owned by a old strange lady and her garden was all over grown so as kids me and my brother used to explore it all the time as you do one day we both saw a white figure of a woman walking along with one arm in the air and had really bright red nail varnish we both clearly saw and both described exactly the same to our mother it was literally 15 ft from us and I vividly remember it to this day she just turned and walked away and sort of disappeared still shits me up to this day can not explain exactly what it was just spooky

2nd

Again as a kid I was awake one night watching out of window as used to all the time

I heard cow bells in the distance for a while there was a little guinel at top of street the bells were getting louder and louder then a figure of a really small woman with loads of bags and backpacks holding a bright lantern walking down the path and two cows wearing bells round there necks I slightly closed the window and just watched them walk away again I remember this like it was yesterday now I have a vivid imagination but pretty sure I did not image this up or dream it as it kept me awake all night

3rd

This was not me that saw it but around 7 years ago when 1st got with our lass she was staying at mine quite often and she always said she felt someone brushing up against her through night (no it wasn't me with a boner) after a few times of this happening it turned to someone grabbing her and she used to wake me up shitting her self one night she asked to swap sides in the bed which I did to try get some kip she woke up and there was a mirror on the wall that faced towards to door and a woman was stood in the doorway Staring at her and giving her a awful look like wanted to kill her our lass was absolutely terrified she closed her eyes and wouldn't open them until morning we moved out a few weeks later and she never stayed In the house again I lived there years and was where I saw the cows lol

So I do believe there something but just don't know what shits me up but really interests me these days

Have a look on google for information on a thing called sleep paralysis, I'm talking about when you said your girlfriend seen someone in the doorway,it's quite common for people having sleep paralysis to see figures and a lot of the time a woman in doorways or around the room, also disturbed sleep is a big cause of it so maybe her keep waking you up moving places in the bed caused this
  • Like 2

2nd

3rd

Have a look on google for information on a thing called sleep paralysis, I'm talking about when you said your girlfriend seen someone in the doorway,it's quite common for people having sleep paralysis to see figures and a lot of the time a woman in doorways or around the room, also disturbed sleep is a big cause of it so maybe her keep waking you up moving places in the bed caused this

spot on that above c/j , I used have illusions sometimes when I went to bed, thought seen something in the corner of the room, or see the curtain's move when windows were closed , heard noises etc lol, ive even jumped out of bed looking for what ever it was, with a rounders bat , scaring the shit out of my wife :laugh: I not one of these to just look/wait I go and get it, or them and deal with it . :yes: my wife was getting well fed up with my behaviour , so I went to the see my doctor about it . he said the same its when your in secondary sleep paten , you still in fact dreaming lol in other words a kind of (sleep walking) :yes: . he told me a very good friend of his was Shrink got a phd a top man , he said the brain will deff play tricks on us through out our lives, it will con you in to seeing things , that you swear were there , and have a knock on effect with people , if you see any thing strange etc. just ignore it , don't let the old brain box beat you . :thumbs:

• Like 2