Ghosts\ghost Stories

Bird. (And the others who think it's down to your over active imagination).

Explain this please. Because I can't.

2 sisters sat in bed together. Sat up talking before bedtime. Both in their 20s. One of the girls young baby is in the room next door in it's cot.

Their grandad (who's been dead for 5 years) appears at the bottom of the bed, ghost like, faint image, with the girls child in his arms.

He says "it's okay girls, he's with me now, I will look after him". Then faded. They both heard him and both saw him. Neither had been drinking. Neither were on drugs or over tired.

They both ran in the next room to check on the child and he was stone cold. Taken by cot death.

One of the girls is my mates sister. I have no reason to think either is lying.

That put a whopping big shiver down my spine, chilling story that one.

• Like 1

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One night many years ago when i was thumbing a lift home after a few drinks a small car pulled up alongside me it was very wet and cold so without hesitation i jumped in closed the door and looked

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the

That was spooky, I just read that post and instinctively knew what was gonna be in the next one   Cheers, D.

Posted Images

The only odd thing I have had happen to me, and I would not call it supernatural. Every time we visited a certain farm no matter what time of night it was, there would be a chap that followed us around, he would come out of the hedgerow with a torch shining on his face making animal noises, then turn the torch off and disappear. Every field we went in he would do the same, well I say he it could have been a she for all I know.

It did frighten me if I am honest the first time it happened, after that we just expected it and had a laugh about it..

TC

That's the funniest lamping story i've heard :laugh:

the weirdos who stalk the countryside at night probably lead to half these ghost stories.

On my dad's side for generations supposedly there is a sound called the 4 knocks. I only heard about them on the day my dad died just before he passed.

These four knocks would happen very close to when somebody would die and as it would happen it was a Monday after the weekend when my dad wasn't expected to last to.

I was up from about 5 am doing things around the house and trying to make the old fella comfortable which was going to be his last day. At about half six I heard 4 knocks and as I was in the front room I looked outside near instantly but saw no one so I went outside had a good look and not a sinner to be seen.

Again at half seven I heard the 4 knocks as did my sister but when I got downstairs and to the door there was nobody.

My dad died about an hour later and later on the doctor next door called to give his condolences and mentioned that he called but there was no answer. I said thanks for trying a couple of times that you must have been up early. What do you mean I only tried once about half seven.

My sister said we heard the 4 knocks, I didn't tell her the ones we both heard could be explained bit the earlier ones still put the shiver in my spine.

• Like 1

Couple of strange things that have happened to me;

When i was about 7or8 i was sitting watching telly with my dad and as plain as day a large white rabbit hopped through the front room . I told my dad and he said dont worry your grandad used to breed new zealand whites and it was just him giving me a sign he was looking out for us. ..Another time when i was about 14 i was riding home atdusk on my bmx ,i had to go down a long alleyway and across a recreation ground . I was half way down the alley when i looked up and about 2 ft away was an old lady grey coat n black hat ,i knew there was no way i could stop or swerve round her ,i braced ready for the crash shut my eyes and nether hit anything . It shook me up big time .

My mum went to see a clairvoyant the other night. Believe what you may but the lady knew all sorts of personal stuff, the type of stuff that no one really knows about. She knew too much for me to be skeptical.

Sent shivers down my spine!!

Just remembered this, Not a goest story as such but something unexplainable that I would love for someone to answer any reason for this, last summer I went to bed with something in my mind telling me to be ready for the next day as something was going to kick of and I had to be on form, anyway went to bed blah blah blah woke up to answer the door to my cousin who was on her way home from the shop and said roofers on the next house had been staring at her trying to intimidate her from the roof shouting etc, bearing in mind the roofers we do not get along with and haven't been getting along with, but they had not been on work site for a few days now so no way could I of known in my mind they would be at work when it happened anyway cut to the end massive show down with a bunch of billy big bollockses while sat safety on there roof, major situation police called etc won't go into anymore detail but I'm long gone, how did I know something like that would happen before it happend I don't understand

My mum went to see a clairvoyant the other night. Believe what you may but the lady knew all sorts of personal stuff, the type of stuff that no one really knows about. She knew too much for me to be skeptical.

Sent shivers down my spine!!

Like what mate, cause most of them mystics are good at guessing lol

Just remembered this, Not a goest story as such but something unexplainable that I would love for someone to answer any reason for this, last summer I went to bed with something in my mind telling me to be ready for the next day as something was going to kick of and I had to be on form, anyway went to bed blah blah blah woke up to answer the door to my cousin who was on her way home from the shop and said roofers on the next house had been staring at her trying to intimidate her from the roof shouting etc, bearing in mind the roofers we do not get along with and haven't been getting along with, but they had not been on work site for a few days now so no way could I of known in my mind they would be at work when it happened anyway cut to the end massive show down with a bunch of billy big bollockses while sat safety on there roof, major situation police called etc won't go into anymore detail but I'm long gone, how did I know something like that would happen before it happend I don't understand

I've had things like that happen to me a few times. Once, I was supposed to be going coursing with a friend a bit of a drive away in Suffolk. I got on to the motorway and had a really bad feeling. Couldn't go on. Turned round came home and my then partner went in my place: the friend was only allowed to invite one other person on his permission.

That day my partner's dog got killed on a country lane coursing a hare. Did I know something was going to happen? How could I have? I felt really bad that his dog got killed when it should have been mine: or is that just silly feeling like that? Whatever, I physically couldn't carry on driving down the road that morning: the feeling that something was going to go wrong was just too strong, but I had no idea what it might be.

• Like 2

I've had things like that happen to me a few times. Once, I was supposed to be going coursing with a friend a bit of a drive away in Suffolk. I got on to the motorway and had a really bad feeling. Couldn't go on. Turned round came home and my then partner went in my place: the friend was only allowed to invite one other person on his permission.

That day my partner's dog got killed on a country lane coursing a hare. Did I know something was going to happen? How could I have? I felt really bad that his dog got killed when it should have been mine: or is that just silly feeling like that? Whatever, I physically couldn't carry on driving down the road that morning: the feeling that something was going to go wrong was just too strong, but I had no idea what it might be.

It's allmost like another sense but strange how it haven't happened any you still know in your mind something's up

No ghostly bodies seen but heres a few things to think about .My Mum passed away 15 years ago ,bless her and shortly after me and the wife were watching tele one evening when one of the old style video tapes of our wedding flipped over onto its other side on the tv stand .Later thaf evening i was making a cuppa when a noisd caught my attention in the kitchen window and a ten lence piece was spinning on the tiles .Called the wife and we both watched it slow down then stop but never fell over .I was fishing all weekend at a place called lakeside in Rowde ,wilts when on the second night ,tired i went to use the loo .Sat there in in the cubicle i heard crying from behind the toilet block,a sobbing from a women .A bit disturbed i finished up and peered around the back in the dark ,nothing but the sound was now around the far end so i tip toed there more than a little twitchy assed .Nothing and the noise stopped .walking back to my fishing spot a cow pushed its head through a hedge and f**k did i jump .im one of those who just thinks it happens but why im not sure .

I've got a couple which are unexplainable

I used to live in an old weigh bridge of a quarry, it was converted into a cottage and all in all it was a cracking place go bring up kids and dogs. It was a bit out of the way but just what I wanted at that time in my life, it was near Alton towers and totally surrounded by forestry apart from the obvious quarry.

Almost from the first night strange things like knocks and bangs were heard at night but you put it down to country houses, mice and such. The frightening thing that couldn't be explained was the loud footsteps in the roof space when you turned out the lights. Just as soon as you'd knocked out the last light in the place you'd hear what was quite plainly human footsteps run from the other end of the cottage to above our bed. Those foot steps weren't slight or hard to hear, it was like a lump of a bloke ran from one end to the other and didn't give a toss who heard, always stopping above my bed !

Long story a lot shorter after another friends birthday party a lot of people ended up at the place and my best mate died of a heart attack at the age of twenty six.

He was what could only be described as his own man, he'd fight his own shadow as was totally f'in nuts but a good honest mate. Anyhow here's the strange thing, a few nights after his death the foot steps happened again. They were as loud and as plain as could be, they settled above our bed as usual but this time I shouted up "for fucks sake Jase sort that c**t out" and those foot steps never happened again !

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 1

The other is a mind bender too, I was working for a mate at the time who's wife likes the clairvoyant scene, she'd be asking him to go to this do or that do but he'd never go so being up for a laugh I said I'd go just to see if I could get him to go and watch him shit himself all night, with a few pints thrown in for good measure.

We ended up at a pub in Ashbourne in a room full of pink rinses and old farts, any how this girl (clairvoyant) was walking around the room trying to get the energy up lol singing and generally being f***ing embarrassing. I wanted to crawl up my own arse when she looked at me and said " I'm drawn to you sir " she said she'd got a man with her that had been in life a big strong man, but in death he's very weak. She then goes on to say that she thinks he died from cancer because he looks so weak, the misses is poking me in the ribs now because my brother had died of cancer a few years earlier. The clairvoyant then pulls a random bloke out and said he looks like this gentleman, well jesus this bloke was the spits of my brother. I never let on, I just kept saying no I haven't got a clue.

After her drifting around the room a few more times she says she's got a young man who died of an accident with her and again she's drawn to me ! All I could think was " piss off and bother someone else ". She then says " this man died age 26 " and when I still denied any knowledge she hit me with the bomb shell of " when I say accident I mean he took the stuff and sold the stuff " !

Her next line was he used to have a saying when he came in the room and she nailed it straight away (what's happnin) she then asked me if I'd got an eldest boy who's always in trouble with the police ? She then says this mans name is, is , is I want to say J but his name is Jason ! and Jason is always with my eldest and watches over him.....the strange thing there is me and the misses call our eldest baby Jason.

After a bit more waffling about in the room she said she'd got a woman with her a bid strong woman who's wearing a head scarf, this woman died from a heart attack because I feel a pain in my chest. She then says this lady diex with three men in the room and she also had diabetes ! .....and you've guests it she was drawn to me lol. All I could think was " piss off and bother someone else " , I wanted the floor to swallow me up and at no point did I let on I knew what she was on about.

My mother died in a room with my brother, father and the milkman in it ! She wore a bead scarf often, she died of a heart attack and had diabetes ! My eldest brother died of cancer and my mate was 26 when he died.

After coming out of the function room she followed me out and asked me if I knew anyone that sounded close to which I still replied no, more out of embarrassment than malic. As I was walking away from her she said your having electrical problems at home aren't you ? I still said no, she then said your tv is coming on in the night isn't it ? I had to say yes this time she deserved that much, she then said " it's your mother trying to get in touch " .

Explain that lot with over imagination :-)

At no point did I agree or let on, no one knew I was going.

Edited to say she even got my mothers name bang on "Beryl"

Edited by dillydog

Just remembered another freaky one.

My youngest lad was pissing around recording thing on his phone with his cousin, his cousin was also on a computer game and they were generally pissing around upstairs. They both came running down stairs all excited and asked me to listen to the recording on the phone. They'd left the phone in my bedroom still on record without knowing it and they'd drifted into my lads room to play on the games console, when they'd finished their game my lad grabbed the phone, he saw it was still recording and this is when he came running to me. I listened to the recording and at first you could hear them talking in my room then they drift out and you can clearly hear them in his own room on the game , then as plane as day you hear a woman say " get out, get out of my house " . It put the wind up all of us and no one mentions it anymore lol

• Like 1