20K To Play With

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher, I don't know if you knew but The City Of Manchester has been producing the finest wine in the world for years........in fact they have the best wine growing programme in the modern world.....

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earn

I've got 13k saved and hope to be around 17k when I leave my ma's house, that gunna be my deposit for a house I think

Well I have the answer right here. Just been to the Sealife Centre with the girl and her wee boy. £27 quid to get in, a few fish, couple of penguins, couple of seals. Round it in 15 mins.

So open one of them and make a killing...the robbing b*****ds.

Got the cheek to say "don't touch the fish".....lucky I'm not asking to take a few home!!!!

• Like 1

Well I have the answer right here. Just been to the Sealife Centre with the girl and her wee boy. £27 quid to get in, a few fish, couple of penguins, couple of seals. Round it in 15 mins.

So open one of them and make a killing...the robbing b*****ds.

Got the cheek to say "don't touch the fish".....lucky I'm not asking to take a few home!!!!

throw this man a fish :laugh:

Soft play centre, rent a unit, chuck a slide and a ball pool in, and maybe a could of cargo nets

Do food and drinks, plu coffee obviously... Lol

Watch it roll in....

how much would you lot consider a decent amount of money then as 20k dont seem to really stretch far. funny thing is it takes so long to save yet gets spent so quick.

It depends what you want to do and what your situation is, if you're not working or want to retire and try something or just an investment to work alongside your day job.

Obviously if you have no other money coming in 20K isnt going to be a start in property unless you also have additional salary coming in to cover the additional mortgage you would need and any overruns or cost that you dont envisage beyond the 20K. But.. it is a deposit for a small property providing you can get the mortgage for the rest

The amount of money that someone would need to set up and no longer work will vary from person to person. You will have to work it out based on your own circumstances.

20k you would be able to set up a venture of some sort, but then the hard work begins, you only eventually get out what you're prepared to put in I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Bit off subject but to do with money. How much would you on here say you need a week in order to live? Whenever I've got a pay rise at work I've just found more useless shit that I don't need to spend it on. Mind you it's never been much of a pay rise lol. Just wondering what people do when they get more money save it or just say prehaps eat better food brands lol. Really after you've paid the bills and cupboards are full of food do you need anymore? Rest suppose just goes on vices and hobbies? At the moment I'm just trying to save but also looking at what sort of payments it'll be for the mortgage and wondering how much really do most people have for themselves after their out goings.

I would just keep it for rainy day or emergency. It puzzles me when people get a lump sum and they try and make it grow by buying a business for example which nine times out of ten is doomed and just watch it all go out the window. I would just carry on as per normal and spend it as I wanted personally

Bit off subject but to do with money. How much would you on here say you need a week in order to live? Whenever I've got a pay rise at work I've just found more useless shit that I don't need to spend it on. Mind you it's never been much of a pay rise lol. Just wondering what people do when they get more money save it or just say prehaps eat better food brands lol. Really after you've paid the bills and cupboards are full of food do you need anymore? Rest suppose just goes on vices and hobbies? At the moment I'm just trying to save but also looking at what sort of payments it'll be for the mortgage and wondering how much really do most people have for themselves after their out goings.

Totally depends on your expenses, no one can answer that for you.

20k will buy you 2 maybe 3 holiday lets ---- a chunk of land you could let out for grazing--- loads of options to buy n sell second hand cars, trailers, auction lots, 20k will put you a deposit down on a house with a mortgage for student lets the income will pay the mortage and up keep and give you a small income till the mortgage is paid . small business ventures burger van,ice cream van ,sweet stall,

• Like 3

20k will buy you 2 maybe 3 holiday lets ---- a chunk of land you could let out for grazing--- loads of options to buy n sell second hand cars, trailers, auction lots, 20k will put you a deposit down on a house with a mortgage for student lets the income will pay the mortage and up keep and give you a small income till the mortgage is paid . small business ventures burger van,ice cream van ,sweet stall,

20k will get you roughly 2 acres of land , not a chunk and you wouldn't earn your 20k back on rent alone , if I had land I'd be cutting silage bales off it not grazing it

20k will get you roughly 2 acres of land , not a chunk and you wouldn't earn your 20k back on rent alone , if I had land I'd be cutting silage bales off it not grazing it

bales grazing whatever ... i had a CHUNK cost me 2k let it for 10 year @ 300 a month average and sold it for 18k..

• Like 1

I've seen 3 people get between 40k and 75k and each have blown it in 12 - 18 months with literally feck all to show for it, not 1 of them own their own house and could have knocked of a huge lump off it or even bought it outright ..... But noooo the blew it on shite box cars / vans / out drinking and meals ..... And at their ages 40+ you'd have thought they'd have had more Sence :D

20k to me would start me off good and proper, hire a Luton / straight to a auction / rent a shop ..... Put a big sign in the window "CLEARANCE" and watch them flock in. :D