20K To Play With

Taking on board what you have said BH :thumbs: I still don't think it would be worth risking the £20k in the property market. Each to there own.

Maybe, maybe not. Here's a real world example I have remembered;

There was a property on the market around the corner from me a little while back, a 2 bed modern semi detetched for £85k. Others on that Close were around 90-100 but they were absolutely immaculate and to a high standard. The property was in good nick and needed nothing doing to it. The couple were pretty desperate to sell, maybe get the property for 80k..... monthly mortgage repayments at £160-£200 and rent it out at £350-£400 a month. The monthly profit is saved for maintanence untill say 5k is saved and at that point excess gets put back into the mortgage or for yourself as pure profit. 25-30 years time the property value will be...???? Double? More? Sell for say £160k, the lender takes their £60k back, you keep £100k, taking into acount inflation which will roughly have halved the value of the pound and you have £50k to spend in you retirement. I'm sure that plan is filled with holes, lol. But that's the basic logic a lot of people are working to.

i know someone who bought 2 last year one for 68k one for 65k to refurb kit them out deposits and fees cost 30k he`s got 5 students in one and 6 in the other @ 75quid each per week paid for by the uni in 6 months advance .....

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher, I don't know if you knew but The City Of Manchester has been producing the finest wine in the world for years........in fact they have the best wine growing programme in the modern world.....

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earn

I've got 13k saved and hope to be around 17k when I leave my ma's house, that gunna be my deposit for a house I think

Rather than chancing your arm trying to play at Mr Entrepreneur when you havent a clue what your doing.......why not just see an investment consultant thats what they are there for.......poor advice wont cost you anything,good advice will cost you...........if your not even willing to invest in good advice how can you expect to make money ;)

Long term with just 20k not worth it mate they would end up with fec all return. Now 20k plus more each month bob on but a minimum of 500 a month would be needed to get a return a decent return.

Short term 20k is going to be invested in very fast paced dodgy shiit :laugh: you may make or you may lose everything but to get any sort of meaningful growth everything will have to reinvested constantly :yes:

A good investment consultant will invest 2k or 2 mill its their knowledge you are paying for................trust me i didnt marry one for nothing :laugh:

With honesty and realistic expectations you would have to be very unlucky not to make money through people who make money out of making money ;)

Most get stuck on the greed factor :laugh: I know I used to get clients to reinvest all day long :D

In the UK it's not too bad these days, lots of regs to control FA's but in Europe it's still the wild west ;) Crazy promises of returns on certain investments that are as risky as having Jimmy as your babysitter :yes:

That's the reason I got out of it, too many unscrupulous tw@ts out there and tbh they are shored up by major companies such as Generali or Fidelity. For instance someone was given 25k paid for a deal involving the client paying into a fund for 15 years at 2.5k per month problem is the client was 60 feckin years old and just saw his money locked up for the first 5 years, the fund holder didn't give a crap and to top it all it was a fuuckin really risky fund that should only be offered to younger people with a higher risk factor :thumbs:

Ok I changed my mind I'll take my 20bags to Gnasher's Mrs :laugh: :laugh:

Taking on board what you have said BH :thumbs: I still don't think it would be worth risking the £20k in the property market. Each to there own.

Maybe, maybe not. Here's a real world example I have remembered;

There was a property on the market around the corner from me a little while back, a 2 bed modern semi detetched for £85k. Others on that Close were around 90-100 but they were absolutely immaculate and to a high standard. The property was in good nick and needed nothing doing to it. The couple were pretty desperate to sell, maybe get the property for 80k..... monthly mortgage repayments at £160-£200 and rent it out at £350-£400 a month. The monthly profit is saved for maintanence untill say 5k is saved and at that point excess gets put back into the mortgage or for yourself as pure profit. 25-30 years time the property value will be...???? Double? More? Sell for say £160k, the lender takes their £60k back, you keep £100k, taking into acount inflation which will roughly have halved the value of the pound and you have £50k to spend in you retirement. I'm sure that plan is filled with holes, lol. But that's the basic logic a lot of people are working to.

i know someone who bought 2 last year one for 68k one for 65k to refurb kit them out deposits and fees cost 30k he`s got 5 students in one and 6 in the other @ 75quid each per week paid for by the uni in 6 months advance .....

The parents are guarantors with students as well

If you want to make a few quid but don't want to spend the lot go buy a few pallets of argos returns couple of grands worth electricals toys whatever and do sunday markets double ur money easy friend of mine did this last year and profited keeps ur lump in bank playing safe and risk a couple for profiting on

You lot must all be loaded lol most my mates don't even have 10k to their name and count down to pay day every month.

we all have being in that position at one point dare. some never seem to get past it and many are happy to be like that.

20k i wish :icon_eek:

Id buy gold , and sit on it untill the price is right then sell some on

Silver prices seem to be quite low at the moment , so now might be a time to buy :thumbs:

Silver Chinese panda coins seem to be good value :thumbs:

Rather than chancing your arm trying to play at Mr Entrepreneur when you havent a clue what your doing.......why not just see an investment consultant thats what they are there for.......poor advice wont cost you anything,good advice will cost you...........if your not even willing to invest in good advice how can you expect to make money ;)

Long term with just 20k not worth it mate they would end up with fec all return. Now 20k plus more each month bob on but a minimum of 500 a month would be needed to get a return a decent return.

Short term 20k is going to be invested in very fast paced dodgy shiit :laugh: you may make or you may lose everything but to get any sort of meaningful growth everything will have to reinvested constantly :yes:

A good investment consultant will invest 2k or 2 mill its their knowledge you are paying for................trust me i didnt marry one for nothing :laugh:

With honesty and realistic expectations you would have to be very unlucky not to make money through people who make money out of making money ;)

Sounds like you made the best investment there Gnash.

Sounds like you made the best investment there Gnash.

Id like to think she fell for my good looks and charismatic charm but not sure we,ve ever worked out who was playing who really :D

• Like 2

20k is good money in anyones books.

but dont leave it laying to long as it will not stretch far once dibbing into it.

if i 'came into' 20k.... would i put on mortgage? No chance. My mortgage is small enough..

itd go straight into my business and it would start making me somewhere between 3-5k extra monthly :thumbs:

Maybe worth loaning dare... but just have to wait for the oppurtunity.... but if i had the cash in a brown padded envelope in my hand, then it would probably force an oppurtunity. Money talks and that :thumbs:

What so a mere 20k is going to grow your business by a ching a week and your not pushing the opportunity with both hands.............maybe you dont have the confidence you say you do ;)

• Like 1

Ive got the confidence gnasher, if i never i would of packed in, and be working for a wage.

things take time, ive came along way personally in the last year. I built my business from nothing, to having a healthy PROFIT over 4 years. Even brought in a business partner in the early days but it didnt work out.

the problem is, i dont have 20k laying around :laugh: but the last time i did i put 21000 deposit on my house... it aint a palace, but its mine :thumbs:

Edited by Rabbithunter

Way I see it if things don't work out at least you tried. If you never try to cross the road you'll never know what's on the other side. Rather than being stuck in a job you grow to hate earning someone else money wondering what if.

Suppose if you know your stuff arts a good investment. Prehaps even if you don't but have alot of money. I mean has the likes of damien hirst ever dropped in price? Suspect it'll go up even more when his dead. Although think abit more than 20k is needed for a hirst painting.

Sure someone mentioned wines. Recently got 2 mates who have started jobs as wine brokers. Not got a clue exactly what it is people are investing in with it. Unreleased or up and coming wines? or buying wines with a limited number of bottles which just increase any time someone chooses to open one.