20K To Play With

It's true what they say,,,,youth is wasted on the young,,,,,go and see sum stuff kid,,the pyramids ,,machu pichu,,bull run in Pamplona ,,,Great Wall of China,,,great barrier reef,,carnival in rio,,,work for a Sumer abroad,,the list is endless

Buy a house, rent it out and then do all the above.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher, I don't know if you knew but The City Of Manchester has been producing the finest wine in the world for years........in fact they have the best wine growing programme in the modern world.....

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earn

I've got 13k saved and hope to be around 17k when I leave my ma's house, that gunna be my deposit for a house I think

You're in security mate??

Start a company and bid to sub contract globally to G4S or similar company. Lots of money to be made, but you will have to pay top wages for the people they want :thumbs:

Edited by mushroom

Hardest part of saving when young from my own experience is pussy lol. I even know myself that its the complete wrong thing to do. Who doesn't want to show off abit though and have a decent car and nice clothes. It's like knowing smokings bad for you yet people still smoke. Know I should just save my money and be sensible with it. And I know it means you'll get women who are just interested in what they can get out of you. Sweet dreams...some of them want to be used lol. It's not buying the nice things to get fanny i suppose its just abit of rivalry amongst other men. Wouldn't ever leave myself skint though.

Sure someone mentioned wines. Recently got 2 mates who have started jobs as wine brokers. Not got a clue exactly what it is people are investing in with it. Unreleased or up and coming wines? or buying wines with a limited number of bottles which just increase any time someone chooses to open one.

I started having a dabble in the wine game a few years back its like anything else buy and sell at the right times and you,ll make a profit.... invest a bit and you,ll make a bit invest a lot and you,ll make a lot.....good advice and a little bit of luck you,ll see a decent return.....i started off putting a few hundred quid in,sitting on it for a while and saw a return around 5x what you,d get on a high interest bank account.........you wont get rich on it but your doing nothing for your money........who wants to invest loads of time mincing around at boot sales or car auctions....different if its an interest but a thick c**t like me out of the flats has absolutely no interest in wine i dont want to invest time learning all about it,hence you get a broker to do it for you.

I was invited to a tasting session up in Scotland the other week :blink: what do i want with swishing wine round my gullet but id been promised a tour of the cellars etc....fascinated me the way folk in Ayr are walking round doing their shopping above millions of pounds worth of wine their cellars stretch for a quarter of a mile !!....Obviously the Latours,Petrus and top notch gear needs the exact right conditions temp/humidity etc so you wouldnt want to store it in the shed :D the stuff i last had is now down in Corsham Cellars in Wiltshire, the money is in the vintage i just bought some 2005 Romanee Conti Grand at 9k a bottle......per bottle not per case !!.........Yet the 2004 is worth pennies,it all depends on that years crop and what have you.....Doubt it will get drunk in my lifetime yet it will need drinking eventually but thats just it as soon as the bottles opened it becomes virtually worthless as ultimately its just a drink.

Heres the last investment in it i made......same again i,ll sit on it a few years and listen to advice when to sell...

wine_zpsc8def4f4.jpg

wineinvoice_zps28674b12.jpg

• Like 1

That's a good investment Gnash :thumbs:

Might be coming to you and thy Mrs for advice :laugh:

Edited to ask;

What is the insurance like for this type of investment? Presumably you would insure the bottles as soon as you have signed?

Edited by mushroom

Edited to ask;

What is the insurance like for this type of investment? Presumably you would insure the bottles as soon as you have signed?

Its all bonded so its insured up to the eyeballs............ive made money from wine ive never even seen before thats the beauty for me your earning a few quid from lifetimes of other peoples knowledge without having to get too involved..............in all seriousness if you want a number to have a chat with someone no problem at all :thumbs:

Editted to add....anyone interested in wine head for a shop called Hedonism Wines just off Berkeley Square in London they have bottles worth a quarter of a mill.....unbelievable gaff !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

I know f**k all about wine but I would imagine like all luxury items the value go's right up when there plenty of what I call "wanking money" kicking about when the economy is doing well.

With things looking a little more perky out there, you probably ain't done bad investing over the last few years Gnasher.

P.s. what's best to have with with a burger from outside the ground?......a bold red or a cheeky little white ? :)

Edited to ask;

Its all bonded so its insured up to the eyeballs............ive made money from wine ive never even seen before thats the beauty for me your earning a few quid from lifetimes of other peoples knowledge without having to get too involved..............in all seriousness if you want a number to have a chat with someone no problem at all :thumbs:

Editted to add....anyone interested in wine head for a shop called Hedonism Wines just off Berkeley Square in London they have bottles worth a quarter of a mill.....unbelievable gaff !

That's a good do that the insurance is bonded. Will start looking at this for the next few years :yes:

Does your guy in the know take a commission from sale or a fee for advice??

Edited by mushroom

I know f**k all about wine but I would imagine like all luxury items the value go's right up when there plenty of what I call "wanking money" kicking about when the economy is doing well.

With things looking a little more perky out there, you probably ain't done bad investing over the last few years Gnasher.

P.s. what's best to have with with a burger from outside the ground?......a bold red or a cheeky little white ? :)

For you a sweet Rosé :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

Edited to ask;

That's a good do that the insurance is bonded. Will start looking at this for the next few years :yes:

They take a fee of 2%.......but only on profit......and storage works out something like £40 per case per year and like i say thats bonded.............obviously you could store it at home if you wanted in which case its a flat brokers fee i couldnt tell you what it is to be honest as ive always had them store it but i know its not a lot..........for someone not in a rush whos maybe got a few fingers in a few different pies and doesnt need an immediate return its ideal.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Definately red.............................out of a mug :D

• Like 1

Edited to ask;

They take a fee of 2%.......but only on profit......and storage works out something like £40 per case per year and like i say thats bonded.............obviously you could store it at home if you wanted in which case its a flat brokers fee i couldnt tell you what it is to be honest as ive always had them store it but i know its not a lot..........for someone not in a rush whos maybe got a few fingers in a few different pies and doesnt need an immediate return its ideal.

That's what I'm thinking mate, a nice little sideline. Invest some money in there maybe put it in the kid's names for them later on :yes:

40 notes a year is fec all if it includes insurance and frankly I can live easily with a 2% fee on profit :thumbs:

• Like 1