20K To Play With

20k to me would start me off good and proper, hire a Luton / straight to a auction / rent a shop ..... Put a big sign in the window "CLEARANCE" and watch them flock in. :D

can be done on car boots i`ve earnt upto a grand a week buying off tip auctions and selling on car boots you can near enough do a boot sale every day sundays we covered 2 filling scudo and merc vans ..

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher, I don't know if you knew but The City Of Manchester has been producing the finest wine in the world for years........in fact they have the best wine growing programme in the modern world.....

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earn

I've got 13k saved and hope to be around 17k when I leave my ma's house, that gunna be my deposit for a house I think

I know the fees are a pain in the arse but ebays another goodun atleast the item finds it's price

Yeah Carboot sales are great, £5 - £10 pitch, you can't go wrong

we filled a sprinter set off to the east coast to do a week of car boots and sold out at the first one ... i never used to do them where you had one table i used to pile it out on tarpaulin i dont know what its like now but when the poles first came over they were mad for gear setting up home..

I've mentioned before the music studios me and brother rent, kitted out an old industrial unit, and rent one as empty inc a mixing room, that room covers the rent, the other one give us a little bit back.. It's only an add on but if we had the time we could rent another 3 or 4 rooms, not difficult at all..

I did out some money in setting up a business selling diamond blades, hole saws etc.. That didn't go so well.. That's the chance you take..

Looking at something else at the minute, an add on to my existing business but towards retail as opposed to out and out construction... It all depends if it's in you to take the risk, it's not for everyone and a steady wage sometimes far out weighs the risk of nothing.... But... The chance of hitting a big pay day out weighs the steady wage for me personally, luckily my missus puts up with my next idea when they come, it keeps me ticking I couldn't do it all for some one else, 20k could definitely start something just depends on your mind set, and work ethic really...

burry 4 lots of 5k around the country, sell tickets for a treasure hunt at 100 quid a ticket limited to 100 tickets per area...............40k and happy days, double up and start again :laugh::laugh:

A 100/1 punt................for a 50/1 return :blink: .....................not even a Millwall fan would fall for that !

£20k and go in to the property business? :laugh:

it will cover the cost of a garage :laugh:

A good friend of mine just sold a crappy old lock up garage for 75k !........He bought it a few years back for 10k in a block of 12.....a local developer has been buying up the others as theres permission for 3 x houses but couldnt go any further till he owned the lot and my pal had the last one.................sometimes its just about being in the right place at the right time.

• Like 1

i know feck all about finances, so heres a question for you lot who are a bit more clued up than me. suppose i have a 100k mortgage, and still have 20 years to pay at £500 per month, would it make any difference to put the 20k straight into the mortgage? would it cut down the monthly patments by a lot, or would it mean that it was pated off significantly sooner? or would it make not much difference at all?

i know feck all about finances, so heres a question for you lot who are a bit more clued up than me. suppose i have a 100k mortgage, and still have 20 years to pay at £500 per month, would it make any difference to put the 20k straight into the mortgage? would it cut down the monthly patments by a lot, or would it mean that it was pated off significantly sooner? or would it make not much difference at all?

depending on your agreement you might have penalties for paying off a lump sometimes more than 5k you pay,pay 20k off your down to an 80k mortgage so your payments will come down if you can manage 500 a month reschedule your mortgage to repay over a shorter period ..

Edited by the_stig

You'd have to do the math, but always bear in mind that roughly for every pound your house is worth you'll pay back at least another pound in interest! Clearing capital early in your mortgage term will save you a lot in interest!

You'd have to do the math, but always bear in mind that roughly for every pound your house is worth you'll pay back at least another pound in interest! Clearing capital early in your mortgage term will save you a lot in interest!

could knock 4 year off or bring the payments down by 120 a month or both if i`ve worked it out right :hmm: its been a long day :D

Edited by the_stig

Go find a farm for rent in the arse end of no where pay the rent up front for a year and grow some weed while filling the place with dogs,chickens and all things good and fun (as a cover for your earnings :thumbs: ).Own land to hunt,no one to bother you and earning plenty of cash,but if it ain't for you lend us 20k mate and i'll have a punt at it :laugh::laugh: .

Edited by fireman
  • Like 5

Always made sense to me chipping chunks off the mortgage early. You can always re-mortgage again if you want to turn it back into cash down the line, just tell the bank you want it for a home improvement loan or whatever