MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Fuji, do you reckon Minshaw dogs had more stamina because of their border collie blood or because they had collie blood plus something extra?

Question for anybody : which breed has more stamina/wind-- border collie or saluki?

• Like 1

Been a good read this plus the pics aswell keep them coming lads it's nice to see / read about .,wish we used to take a pic of the bags we used to get but no one had a camera and mobiles were shite didn't even have cameras haha

• Like 1

Fuji, do you reckon Minshaw dogs had more stamina because of their border collie blood or because they had collie blood plus something extra?

Question for anybody : which breed has more stamina/wind-- border collie or saluki?

I think Tomo done the right thing breeding his coursing bred bitch with a Minshaw bred dog,best of both worlds ? ..as for which has more wind lol,they are two completely different types so thats unjust to ask such a question.. What i will say is how many Saluki's are out working 7 days a week? A Saluki is a running dog and a cur a working dog so maybe my answer is unjust too? But that's my tuppence worth for you lol
  • Like 2

I would say a border collie ........
  • Like 1

Loving them red 18 hole docs in the second pic,,,,,bet there some money now,,,,,

Wish I'd kept mine ... Ox blood red ... Looked good with my bleached jeans red braces and bomber jacket .......

• Like 3

Loving them red 18 hole docs in the second pic,,,,,bet there some money now,,,,,

Wish I'd kept mine ... Ox blood red ... Looked good with my bleached jeans red braces and bomber jacket .......

Yeh you sound charming,,lol

• Like 2

staminas alrite but they have to get to there qaurry put it under the cosh and keep at it , had abeardie collie catch bags of rabbits but on the large arable land ,localy tried but didnt have the gears or cleverness to catch hares day in day out great bitch on a lamp ,

the real good saluki lurchers saw plenty pur lots of hard run hares away and plus good for a daytime course coursing was legal at one time , so we didnt lamp hares as much ,

best dogs is the ones that take there hare in the middle of the feilds no wall bouncers hedge bouncers , i rate a dog with how he performs notwhat they catch a times as some game is easy its the clever ones that test my mind ,to me people think a big bag is great me sport and a big bag next nowadays

• Like 1

staminas alrite but they have to get to there qaurry put it under the cosh and keep at it , had abeardie collie catch bags of rabbits but on the large arable land ,localy tried but didnt have the gears or cleverness to catch hares day in day out great bitch on a lamp ,

the real good saluki lurchers saw plenty pur lots of hard run hares away and plus good for a daytime course coursing was legal at one time , so we didnt lamp hares as much ,

best dogs is the ones that take there hare in the middle of the feilds no wall bouncers hedge bouncers , i rate a dog with how he performs notwhat they catch a times as some game is easy its the clever ones that test my mind ,to me people think a big bag is great me sport and a big bag next nowadays

The "best" dog is the one that takes it out of its seat. leaves more in the tank.

• Like 3

:hmm:Personaly,..I don't care how a dog takes out his chosen quarry,...my main criteria is that he achieves his goal... :thumbs:

Me too ,i have dogs capable of catching on the biggest of land,look impressive blah blah blah..but when i was out to make dollar i didn't give a hoot how the critters ended up in the back of the motor,no gold stars or brownie points if the dog ended the race in the middle of a winter wheat field,i don't hunt these days with the vigour i once did,back then it was all very SERIOUS as im sure some can concur to? I'd not change a thing about how & what i hunted,i loved the lamping game,it kept me & my family fed & housed..these days im just a moucher,no big expectations of my dogs,i will leave all that to the younger generation..just enjoy your hunting be it for the sport or to "survive" lol as i and others did..fence bouncers,squatters they all count haha...

• Like 7