MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

This is the sire to Swift,Venus,Chester,Don,Sox and loads more..Jack 9 1/2 years old..bred out of my Bulpa dog (Minshaw"s Blue x Collie) x Cora (Minshaw's Blue x Kes her herself out of Bulpa)

PIC_000222.jpg

• Like 7

Some good photos, good to see it going again.

For the record, there are still places where you can see 200-300 hares a night, 30 in one group etc etc.

And they defiantly AIN'T easy to catch on the lamp :laugh:

agree hares aint easy BUT theres a huge difference from day to night. not heard of many coursing dogs catch 16-20 in one day with 1 dog. night time 15+ is not impossible. my bro in law with his barny bred dog knocked 17 in one night. best in day 4/4. massive difference there. ive seen some prity poor failed day dogs catch hares on the lamp.
sounds some animal that Paul.
he was ok at night tbh. the 4/4 wasnt the fens though. think that was on the planes i think.

This is my brothers bitch FENN. She takes anything single handed, big heart in this bitch.

Was out with her the other day and retrieved 2 shot big rabbits she ran well. She used a lot with the terriers. No one trick pony.

88974023-2E9A-43F0-8BA8-B44868E719B2_zps

CA75F673-B19F-47E5-8B16-3CD971B9CE3E_zps

NOW thats a proper lamp dog :thumbs:

• Like 1

Some good photos, good to see it going again.

For the record, there are still places where you can see 200-300 hares a night, 30 in one group etc etc.

And they defiantly AIN'T easy to catch on the lamp :laugh:

ive seen some prity poor failed day dogs catch hares on the lamp.

Yes but how much law were the hares getting in the day and how much at night ?

Law at night ??

You'd bang them on the seat...

Laws for coursing not lamping..

thats my point , everyone says hares cant run at night, but its cause theyre not ran the same as they are during the day

jack lee whats a propa lamp dog , and when did the actual guy minshaw stop breeding them the so called minshaw ,swifts a nice dog to look at pity she never came up to the large feilds to run frankel would be nice to see her run in her prime,

to many puppy peddlars now in the in the game ,i would say the minshaw shite should die out and be called the cumbrain collie lurcher lol,

i reckon if youse had plenty to get on with the last thing you would worry about is the name tag , to sell a few pups ,breed them [BANNED TEXT] and you dont need the internet or pics to sell a dog ,we have whin shaws brick shaws lol bob cocks , heartbreak feck i reckon its time to move on and get the collie saluki types but of the [BANNED TEXT] type , the old collie lines were real eighties dogs , good old days , but times change

you would get a good dog crossing swift with rex , for running ,top dog , its ashame people cant let go of the old days move on and move with the times ,the dogs we had as kids no were the hare dogs we have now , yo got one decent lurcher in every village now there sevral , who are capable in some areas ,

the coliie cross salukis have been great allrounders but you need the [BANNED TEXT] type of salukis , to dogs simliar to swift , ie bulldozer dogs of that calibre , i was lucky my mates had dogs who were coursing champions so was easy to get a line , and had very good dogs about me , if you start [BANNED TEXT] , youle go forward not back hopefully