MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

The thing for me is the strike the dogs have, many times we've watched cartwheels performed ,always coming up with a rabbit. In my area rabbits were in short supply. The hares were not as easy to catch as the ones up north, as for foxes , they were my main quarry, lots of lads ask,"but can they do fox" aren't they "rabbit/hare dogs". All depends on the time you put into the dog. Whatever way it's bred. But a minshaw blooded dog can truly be described as a dog capable for any occasion ,

• Like 2

The thing for me is the strike the dogs have, many times we've watched cartwheels performed ,always coming up with a rabbit. In my area rabbits were in short supply. The hares were not as easy to catch as the ones up north, as for foxes , they were my main quarry, lots of lads ask,"but can they do fox" aren't they "rabbit/hare dogs". All depends on the time you put into the dog. Whatever way it's bred. But a minshaw blooded dog can truly be described as a dog capable for any occasion ,

I thought minshaw dogs were mainly lamp dogs which were not really interested in foxes pre ban.?????????

• Like 1

A misconception shared by many , though I found bitches a bit hit an miss at the fox job, all of the dogs have been single handed dogs. And as stated worked with terriers they excelled, just one thing not mentioned their marking / scenting is impressive also. Atb th.

• Like 1

Some good photos, good to see it going again.

For the record, there are still places where you can see 200-300 hares a night, 30 in one group etc etc.

And they defiantly AIN'T easy to catch on the lamp :laugh:

• Like 2

For the record, there are still places where you can see 200-300 hares a night, 30 in one group etc etc.

Show me ? haha

Show me haha

And me lol.where are these fields you speak so well of.

agree hares aint easy BUT theres a huge difference from day to night. not heard of many coursing dogs catch 16-20 in one day with 1 dog. night time 15+ is not impossible. my bro in law with his barny bred dog knocked 17 in one night. best in day 4/4. massive difference there. ive seen some prity poor failed day dogs catch hares on the lamp.
  • Like 5

i aint read all the pages so sorry if mentioned but how that rough bitch bred??

She's out of this blue dog which is out of my dog Jack so again half bro to the aforementioned ones in recent posts ?

1332874876884.jpg

Her dam is this bitch who has Irish Terrier & Wheaton in her..edited to add im sure she is also out of the above blue dog but i will get the lowdown off my lad when hes back home as he's out hunting just now lol ?

1332874820494.jpg

• Like 2

agree hares aint easy BUT theres a huge difference from day to night. not heard of many coursing dogs catch 16-20 in one day with 1 dog. night time 15+ is not impossible. my bro in law with his barny bred dog knocked 17 in one night. best in day 4/4. massive difference there. ive seen some prity poor failed day dogs catch hares on the lamp.
sounds some animal that Paul.