MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

saw dogs running nite after nite on roe hare they were not , minshaws , just strong saluki lurchers and an old collie lurcher type , put some gear away , on the large arable feilds , some [bANNED TEXT] big chases large slips , but alas the law makes things difficult now to do it ,driving land, walking land, road siding whatever was quickest to get the run and away , if there bred [bANNED TEXT] and really fit suprising what a good dog can do ,

Like i said there will be dogs of their equal and even better Matty,ive personally not seen their equal but that doesn't mean there isn't

.the Saluki types i own and the one's i seen run couldn't,wouldn't & never will be in the same league as them & that's the gods honest truth..just one dog i owned and he wasn't the best in his 18 best nights he killed over 400 hares,i ain't heard of a Saluki or any other type match such a feat have you? Like i said that dog wasn't my best,i gave him away to my brother lol

did you ever test your" not your best dog" on a hare in the day from a long slip on an open plain in jan or feb? just asking like

post-101513-0-02592100-1452800886_thumb.jpeg . Nelly..blue / lurcher, spaniel post-101513-0-05354900-1452801059_thumb.jpeg. . Nellys.dam.left, all daytime. Spent a lot of lamping hrs in lakes (south) . But the same as everywhere , you can only catch numbers if the numbers are there. As for foxes, pre ban..all single handed , excelled with the terrier job.
  • Like 6

saw dogs running nite after nite on roe hare they were not , minshaws , just strong saluki lurchers and an old collie lurcher type , put some gear away , on the large arable feilds , some [bANNED TEXT] big chases large slips , but alas the law makes things difficult now to do it ,driving land, walking land, road siding whatever was quickest to get the run and away , if there bred [bANNED TEXT] and really fit suprising what a good dog can do ,

Like i said there will be dogs of their equal and even better Matty,ive personally not seen their equal but that doesn't mean there isn't

.the Saluki types i own and the one's i seen run couldn't,wouldn't & never will be in the same league as them & that's the gods honest truth..just one dog i owned and he wasn't the best in his 18 best nights he killed over 400 hares,i ain't heard of a Saluki or any other type match such a feat have you? Like i said that dog wasn't my best,i gave him away to my brother lol

did you ever test your" not your best dog" on a hare in the day from a long slip on an open plain in jan or feb? just asking like

Minshaw lurchers were renowned lamp dogs as i have PREVIOUSLY stated throughout,ive never EVER said anything about hare coursing them including the aforementioned mutt matey.. Sire to my bitch Swift & Don,Tomo's Venus etc never caught a single rabbit or anything come to that during the day and he lived until he was 14 lol..i lived & breathed lamping as did the dog,does it make him a bad dog because i never worked him in the day? Anyone & everyone who seen the dog go ALL said the dog was a machine & was as good as they had seen at his job,i have Saluki types now and trust me they wouldn't of caught jack shit infront of him day or night and he had ten times atleast more wind than my Saluki types.. FACT!!! Just saying like ?

• Like 4

Minshaw lurchers were renowned lamp dogs as i have PREVIOUSLY stated throughout,ive never EVER said anything about hare coursing them including the aforementioned mutt matey.. Sire to my bitch Swift & Don,Tomo's Venus etc never caught a single rabbit or anything come to that during the day and he lived until he was 14 lol..i lived & breathed lamping as did the dog,does it make him a bad dog because i never worked him in the day? Anyone & everyone who seen the dog go ALL said the dog was a machine & was as good as they had seen at his job,i have Saluki types now and trust me they wouldn't of caught jack shit infront of him day or night and he had ten times atleast more wind than my Saluki types.. FACT!!! Just saying like

lol if he had that amount of wind I,m sure hed have put up a show in the day like