Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Both have enough space to get to full speed though, like I said it didn't happen very often and it was maybe a really good hare and not so good greyhounds.

i agree dogman a strong hare the grey can be straight lined i seen it a few times on arable not at a coursing meeting 

• Like 2

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gene said:

Say again mush?

you don’t think a hare can hit 45 mph a good greyhound can hit more than that most have been clocked on a track we’re they have a corner coming up 

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

A greyhound has definitely got more speed than a hare and would catch any hare than continued to run in a straight line as long as it’s got a mouth, it’s the hares agility, stamina and acceleration out of the turns which makes it hard to catch 

In a nutshell.  No need to overthink and argue the toss about it.  ?

12 hours ago, Gene said:

A little exercise for the plastic pikeys, next time you run a hare in the motor floor it to 45 mph and watch how fast you close up to your hare.

lol plastic pikeys ? you think only pikeys hare course or we’re the first to ? 

11 hours ago, Gene said:

I can read just fine and I'm not stupid.

You tried to make yourself look super intelligent after I said hares do not run at 45mph, you basically tried arguing against my point but now you're confirming what I said.

Animal speeds quoted are mainly done so by word of mouth with no science to back it up, people just repeat what they've read or been told, again, anyone with a runner and a motor can make an educated guess.

I've posted the BBC clip of the greyhound reaching a maximum speed of 43 mph, so, I was correct, Michaela Strachan was wrong when she said hares run at 45 mph.

If you want to keep arguing the toss I'm more than happy to do so.

a pure saluki was clocked at 43 mph for guineas book of world records 

greys have been clocked over 50 

11 hours ago, Gene said:

You've got to remember though race times don't give you the top speed Charts just the average speed over that distance. 

And you can't get much faster than a whippet over 150 yards.

the no ped  whippet has greyhound in it that’s why one can hit them times 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gene said:

I'm talking about the lads who drive the fields, little tip, put up a hare, floor it to 45mph and tell me if that hare keeps ahead, you'll be surprised how fast you close up to it.

i’ve been behind hares on the road doing over 40 

8 minutes ago, Gene said:

Did you give it 3 points mate? ?

Yeah, but none for turning.  He wanted to mow the f****r down!!  ?

Greb, I've always called you 'relentless' because you just are.  But now, I'm not so sure who is exactly the most relentless, you, or Magoo?!

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

I buried an old bitch I had PTS earlier today.Had a couple of beers and a bit of sleep but i'll take the others out for an hour once it's properly light. I do that every morning then the days free for other things.

Feel for you mate 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

lol plastic pikeys ? you think only pikeys hare course or we’re the first to ? 

a pure saluki was clocked at 43 mph for guineas book of world records 

greys have been clocked over 50 

Seen a few half X bull Grey's and  3/8 5/8s running alongside the jeep up to 38/40 mph, my mate had a coll/whip/grey dog hit 40 mph...was only 23tts same as my old beddy bull bitch...both killed a fair amount of hares in the day, when younger ,my old bitches party trick when she got to 7/8 yr old,was scooping them out their seat at night off the lamp, could go out and not even use the lamp,she caught untold stuff,was a f****r for anything that bit back,showed up some big dogs in her time?....I best not mention the whippets I've seen catching the Welsh mountain hares up on top over the yrs?

• Like 4