Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

6 minutes ago, Gene said:

You've got to remember though race times don't give you the top speed Charts just the average speed over that distance. 

And you can't get much faster than a whippet over 150 yards.

Hence why I said "terminal velocity", not to try and sound educated, but to differentiate it from "top speed" ! ?

Cheers.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Gene said:

They are the same Charts mate but I know what you mean.

No they are not, a dog could be going faster as it accelerates out of the traps, than the speed it crosses the finish line, but I'm not going to be pedantic about it ?

Cheers.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Gene said:

Anyway Charts, I thought terminal velocity is a term used for free-falling objects.

A better person to ask on the matter is King tbh.

I thought of replying that terminal velocity USUALLY referred to an object freefalling, but we are talking about objects that have powered acceleration, dogs, bullets, trains, etc, that dont accelerate exponentially, so terminal velocity in the sense I used it would be the speed at the end of the measurement, not the top speed, that's why I said I didn't want to be pedantic........and here I am now being pedantic ! ?

Cheers.

Just now, Gene said:

You're talking about the average speed Charts because like you said an animal has to accelerate from zero when it runs.

The answer to that is distance÷time, the answer to that will always be less than the animals actual top speed for the reasons mentioned above.

Where have I said any different ? 

Youre becoming harder work than my young protégé mC ! ??

Cheers.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Gene said:

What male dogs have a shout at being of Lucky's class?

maybe some of the older dogs ...that a far back in the history of the modern coursing types...dogs like the hoover or merle ....or that dog smokey ...captin...

theres a few chaps on here who have been coursing 50 60 years ...they be the guys to ask

3 hours ago, Gene said:

Why's that, what i stated is true, we both know it but you just want to argue for the sake of it.

Tell me, what instrument you used to give you hare speeds on these shoots?

I already did, that why I said you either don't or cannot read. But life is far to short to argue the toss on here.

One question I have to ask oh wise one. In nearly all the dog runs Ive seen, where the dog is slipped, regardless greyhound, Salukis and crosses, the dog catches up to the hare in no uncertain terms, but the hare always accelerates away, why is that possible from an animal thats slower than the dog.?

Edited by levigsp
29 minutes ago, Gene said:

What male dogs have a shout at being of Lucky's class?

The Accident or Laddie as they called it was some dog by all accounts with a running brain also the Hoover was often spoke about by the lads down south years ago.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Gene said:

And acceleration doesn't mean a hare as a higher top speed.

Thanks for your time, Ok but I was not on about dogs overshooting or hare jinking etc. but not too worry its all getting beyond me.

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Gene said:

Hard to judge isn't it mate, that bulldozer had a brilliant record but M.P didn't rate it.

Top dog that bulldozer like I said I’m no expert but heard about him from lads in the know & if nobody could beat him says it all to me

• Like 2

? Its getting a tad on the nerdy side on here.....?

Personally,...I've no head for mathematical and algebraic equations or who is fastest....I just want a result...

By fair means or foul....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? Its getting a tad on the nerdy side on here.....?

Personally,...I've no head for mathematical and algebraic equations or who is fastest....I just want a result...

By fair means or foul....?

pic71.jpg

Hell of a photo.

• Like 1