Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

Whole dog game is full of posers, braggers, collectors, bullshitters and three minute hero's.

For me, collectors are the worst. Kennel of 20 dogs and the're all world beaters.... They either buy in to say 'they have', or just have no idea of how much graft a Lurcher really needs. Either way, these horrible cnuts never realise how cruel they are, with dogs stuck in the kennel.

Anyways, back to subject, Lucky would take some beating but what about the bitches, Maloneys Judy was a class act?

Just for the record, and a long time back on the thread, back in the 80's I seen a litter bred by a hard bitten collie greyhound put to an import saluki bitch, and this litter could kill hares just about anywhere. Our local 'match boys' were flat out to buy the best bitch out of that litter for years, because it took the piss out of anything they owned, stuff that was winning good money on the fens....

13 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Whole dog game is full of posers, braggers, collectors, bullshitters and three minute hero's.

For me, collectors are the worst. Kennel of 20 dogs and the're all world beaters.... They either buy in to say 'they have', or just have no idea of how much graft a Lurcher really needs. Either way, these horrible cnuts never realise how cruel they are, with dogs stuck in the kennel.

Anyways, back to subject, Lucky would take some beating but what about the bitches, Maloneys Judy was a class act?

Just for the record, and a long time back on the thread, back in the 80's I seen a litter bred by a hard bitten collie greyhound put to an import saluki bitch, and this litter could kill hares just about anywhere. Our local 'match boys' were flat out to buy the best bitch out of that litter for years, because it took the piss out of anything they owned, stuff that was winning good money on the fens....

There's always summat better

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

I seen maloneys Judy run just the once on fens in January and she done 5/5 what a bitch, also seen her sister bonnie runs loads of times and she was also one of the best I’ve seen, they were out of buddy x a bitch out of deacon 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Gene said:

Tbf mate is it much different than buying a pup off a good breeder?

I think he reared Lucky from a pup so he deserves the credit for the dog IMO.

Im sure it was a southern fella had lucky as a pup. The buzz I get when my dog catches is because we’re a team, if I bought someone else’s dog & caught a hare with it I wouldn’t feel nothing, just the same as watching a strangers dog on a video 

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

A lurcher can take a lot of work , these lads with 4/5 runners is crazy no way are they giving them all enough work , one coming on , on worker and one nearly retired it’s the best way 2/3 dogs in there prime or coming on you can’t be giving them the work load 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Sammyballer said:

A lurcher can take a lot of work , these lads with 4/5 runners is crazy no way are they giving them all enough work , one coming on , on worker and one nearly retired it’s the best way 2/3 dogs in there prime or coming on you can’t be giving them the work load 

Always said that since I were young, if you need more than 2 dogs then you’ve got the wrong dogs. I only keep 1 lurcher and I’ve never found myself wanting. It gets a lot of work thrown at it as well. All these dogs that need resting all the time for injuries etc aren’t worth a wrap

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Always said that since I were young, if you need more than 2 dogs then you’ve got the wrong dogs. I only keep 1 lurcher and I’ve never found myself wanting. It gets a lot of work thrown at it as well. All these dogs that need resting all the time for injuries etc aren’t worth a wrap

Iv two , one elderly ones 4 , I need a pup really to bring on but got such a peaceful dog life at moment I’m struggling to take the drive 

12 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Coursing games full of wealthy men that buy in someone else’s hard work, don’t mistake them for dog men though, take away their money they’d probably never have a good dog

True . I know one of the well known coursing men from my area who is mentioned in one of Darcy's coursing books never bothered with pup's but would offer lads good money for good dog's.

2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Any dog can get injured tho c

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Sammyballer said:

Iv two , one elderly ones 4 , I need a pup really to bring on but got such a peaceful dog life at moment I’m struggling to take the drive 

I got one 12 one 5 and one nearly 2 so by that reckoning I'm perfect ? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Any dog can get injured tho c

Course it can but there’s a difference between a dog getting injured and an injury prone dog. Heard it all before if a dogs not getting injuries it’s not trying, or not getting ran enough, load of bollocks it is, seen dogs run 3/4 times a week and put loads of stuff away barely need a week off all season. These dogs can still get bad luck like a broken toe or whatever but it tends to be a one off and not a regular thing

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Course it can but there’s a difference between a dog getting injured and an injury prone dog. Heard it all before if a dogs not getting injuries it’s not trying, or not getting ran enough, load of bollocks it is, seen dogs run 3/4 times a week and put loads of stuff away barely need a week off all season. These dogs can still get bad luck like a broken toe or whatever but it tends to be a one off and not a regular thing

I had the most injury prone dog in the world couple seasons back broken hock toe off then broken neck, was a good dog in the odd week when he were fit ?

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I had the most injury prone dog in the world couple seasons back broken hock toe off then broken neck, was a good dog in the odd week when he were fit ?

I’ve had them myself mate every time they have a knock it’s weeks in the sick bay no good if you want to be out 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Hand on heart the best hare killing dog i have ever seen belonged to a old hippy i knew,she lived in a buss and most on here would have laughed at her and her dog.The dog was a beddy grey type looking thing with a cocked ear, it just knew when a hare was in a field and used some amazing to watch field craft to catch them.I watched it stalk hares,flush and just turn before the hares did and they just seemed to run into it's mouth and it had some pace to get one under pressure out in the open and all done on Wiltshire flint and chalk. Got caught by land owners etc with her a few times and she just turned on the "do i look like i'm out hunting man ?" as she was a right earth mother looking woman and we always walked away with out to much hassle..:laugh:...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2