Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

i will be the first to say i dont know much about hare coursing and saluki types on huge land,NONE of which are around my part of the country but i can recognize class when i see it. ive always liked this dog watching him run time and time again on these old clips. he seemed to always be in control and could power up to his hare and from there was always in the driving seat. 

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

• stonewall changed the title to Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

I had a dog bred down from lucky.. he was a very good dog also… you’ve not picked the best video though.. chasing hares in the snow hardly favours the hare.. get one on the winter wheat.. that’s a real test. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gene said:

His Young Lucky looked a great dog as well, who said he couldn't produce.

The point was that the dog covered a lot of bitches 

yet produced very few of any note . 

in contrast , buddy covered more likely, but he threw a hell of a lot more that made the grade . That’s a cast 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gene said:

Who knows what dogs Lucky went over though? And did the owners of these bitches want to be in the limelight, etc?

If Buddy did throw better percentages maybe it's cause he had a better foundation than Lucky, wasn't Lucky bred down off coursing bred/greyhound or lurcher?

Still,that doesn't diminish what a dog is, if he was a freak of nature then so be it, the animal was clearly quality regardless.

With mixed pedigree you always get the odd freak, good or bad but those rarely produce themselves for the  vary reasons they were produced.  Better a more stable gene pool to throw consistency. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a bitch out of lucky to a Merlin eve bred bitch will be 20 year ago now and that bitch could kill hares where most wouldn't of slipped. I've had a couple bred from lucky and one out of Tina all were here killers the first bitch stood out though put most hares it ran away where the other two were more sport type go out and have a few runs but we're still half handy.

• Like 1