THE PRICE OF CHICKEN

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

I eat a lot of chicken but can’t eat it plain un seasoned or unmarinated I probably eat chicken for dinner 5nights a week it’s my main meat I don’t eat pork as a rule but do like a nice bit of bacon I like a bit of beef an lamb. I know chicken welfare is bad an I’m apart of the problem buying it but do tend to go for the better chicken if I can. I have been thinking of having a go at rearing my own meat birds it’s something I’d like to do  my only problem is I’ve not got the land to do a decent number to make it worth while 

Carlisle old English game would make a good meat bird. Good for f**k all else than that or a rosette

• Haha 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chicken needs to be priced realistically. For to long it's been seen as a cheap easy food....the nation munching down on quick easy food while millions of chickens spend 6 short weeks sat in there own

Chickens are mass produced in concentration  camps, fed antibiotics routinely, and served up to us a modern, price wonder. They are nothing but a product of our greed and insensitivity to a living cre

The price is set to rise sharply and in the Mail today with what they say were the best Super Market Chickens available , to me that is debatable  and the best Roaster ever were the Gamecocks at twelv

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Chicken needs to be priced realistically. For to long it's been seen as a cheap easy food....the nation munching down on quick easy food while millions of chickens spend 6 short weeks sat in there own shite before being halhaled. Same fat cnuts stuffing their faces on it as tell us we are cruel for shooting a pheasant or catching a rabbit. 

You are bang on, that’s the state of the country we are living in now , sad times all round.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Got to be honest, wouldn't bother me one bit if I never ate another chicken again..

Agreed. But mrs keeps refusing to learn to skin and gut any game I bring home for her. So just easier for her to get chicken from the shop ? I won’t eat roast chicken but decent chicken pie with the stuffing etc i can tolerate. ?

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Got to be honest, wouldn't bother me one bit if I never ate another chicken again..

Mines sickened me of chicken , she'd eat it 7 days given a choice....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Roast chicken on Sunday. Chicken stir-fry yesterday, and risotto made with chicken stock and left overs today ?

The red label chickens from Lidl are pretty good value.

8 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Roast chicken on Sunday. Chicken stir-fry yesterday, and risotto made with chicken stock and left overs today ?

The red label chickens from Lidl are pretty good value.

Got a cooked chicken from Lidl yesterday, £3:99.

Had chicken chow mien today, got chicken curry for tomorrow.

Cheers.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, poxon said:

I eat a lot of chicken but can’t eat it plain un seasoned or unmarinated I probably eat chicken for dinner 5nights a week it’s my main meat I don’t eat pork as a rule but do like a nice bit of bacon I like a bit of beef an lamb. I know chicken welfare is bad an I’m apart of the problem buying it but do tend to go for the better chicken if I can. I have been thinking of having a go at rearing my own meat birds it’s something I’d like to do  my only problem is I’ve not got the land to do a decent number to make it worth while 

Plus they will end up at about £10 a bird dead and ready to eat ! 

I get three trays of chicken from the butcher usually 6 legs and two back in each tray  , choice of barbarcue , pri pri . Chinese or garlic and herb  for £12

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Asda bag/tray chickens are decent quality for not much cash 

Cheers, D.

me old lady likes them mate i grab her one every week she’s like @chartpolskiget sandwiches a tea with mushroom and onion. and a curry etc lasts her about 3 days ? 6 quid here 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

me old lady likes them mate i grab her one every week she’s like @chartpolskiget sandwiches a tea with mushroom and onion. and a curry etc lasts her about 3 days ? 6 quid here 

We get a few meals off a chicken then boil the carcass the broth is used for the dogs we get our money worth out of them 

• Like 3