Suspect charged, Madeleine McCann case.

Actually watching a report about it on NBC at the moment, the parents of Madeleine are saying they still hope she is still alive, a criminal lawyer is giving early May as the 15 year mark beyond which the suspect can never be charged. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never leave your young children unattended,especially when on holiday,how hard is that to understand.

This guy has been named as a suspect, not charged. The McCanns remain suspects too. The only reason they have now made him an official suspect is due to a ruling that after 15 years they cannot invest

He has sex and burglary convictions and was in Portugal at the same time, no one will believe him as he’s a dirty c**t, but he makes the perfect scapegoat especially if he is a bit simple, the parents

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I might have got it wrong, but I thought that they can't charge anyone who isn't a declared suspect after 15 years. That is why they have named him now. 

Yup, that's what the report just said. 

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

They got dogs that stand in front of boats an can find dead bodies under the water as boat cruises about 

They used one of them dogs when a local lad drowned himself in a lake, the divers went down twice where the dog had give a positive mark but no body was found, couple of days after the dog had left new divers took over the search and the lad was found in an outlet pipe where the dog had been marking. 

21 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

They used one of them dogs when a local lad drowned himself in a lake, the divers went down twice where the dog had give a positive mark but no body was found, couple of days after the dog had left new divers took over the search and the lad was found in an outlet pipe where the dog had been marking. 

The problem with searching water is that there are currents caused by temperature and wind that can cause the scent to rise well away from where the corpse is.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Do these dogs suffer mental fatigue from this type of work ? Id imagine getting a positive mark isnt guaranteed everyday so do they ever get effected by constantly trying to do their job and not getting positive results

Isn't a body dog like HMRC drug dogs, the job is a game to them? 

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Im guessing with a drug dog if theirs nothing to find day in day out they can artifically let the dog win the game with a bag of weed 

Im probably talking out my arse here 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Do these dogs suffer mental fatigue from this type of work ? Id imagine getting a positive mark isnt guaranteed everyday so do they ever get effected by constantly trying to do their job and not getting positive results

11 hours ago, mackem said:

9 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Im guessing with a drug dog if theirs nothing to find day in day out they can artifically let the dog win the game with a bag of weed 

Im probably talking out my arse here 

Yes, the dogs do suffer stress at times. They have to continually be remotivated as the work they do can be repetative and boring. That is why the dogs used are primarily gun dogs as they cope with the searching better. 

Every now and then you will hear of dogs being used to detect early signs of cancer or similar medical conditions. Unless the dog is a companion dog as used by blind people or epelepsy sufferers it will quickly burn out. Dogs used to repeatedly check samples in laboratories will get stressed out very quickly and then try to avoid work. 

Dogs work for reward and if they don't get a reward to justify the work they become demotivated. Many searches are negative because there is nothing to find. So the handler sets up a training search with a quick, easy find so the dog gets its reward. And the reward is greater than normal. It is like recharging a battery. 

If you look at the garage search in the McCann case you see the dog losing interest. The handler keeps directing it over and over the same area and eventually it gives what we call a false indication to end the excercise. Basically the dog hasn't found anything so indicates spontaneously because that is what the handler wants and knowing that it will get a reward. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Yes, the dogs do suffer stress at times. They have to continually be remotivated as the work they do can be repetative and boring. That is why the dogs used are primarily gun dogs as they cope with the searching better. 

Every now and then you will hear of dogs being used to detect early signs of cancer or similar medical conditions. Unless the dog is a companion dog as used by blind people or epelepsy sufferers it will quickly burn out. Dogs used to repeatedly check samples in laboratories will get stressed out very quickly and then try to avoid work. 

Dogs work for reward and if they don't get a reward to justify the work they become demotivated. Many searches are negative because there is nothing to find. So the handler sets up a training search with a quick, easy find so the dog gets its reward. And the reward is greater than normal. It is like recharging a battery. 

If you look at the garage search in the McCann case you see the dog losing interest. The handler keeps directing it over and over the same area and eventually it gives what we call a false indication to end the excercise. Basically the dog hasn't found anything so indicates spontaneously because that is what the handler wants and knowing that it will get a reward. 

Fascinating…..

• Like 1
On 23/04/2022 at 17:56, Ken's Deputy said:

Hmm. Perhaps I should look out for that one?

Canter.JPG.f05bc3b12d15f352fc112c40517c6630.JPG

Of course, he and Rupert's names have long since been left in the dust of those who spring boarded off of their pioneering hard work.

Everyone with access to google now fancies himself a 'Charlie Starling'.

Watching Canter sort it all out was a master class though. To this day I'll watch a crime documentary and, when they stick the map on the wall, I'll look at the pins and think;

" Possibly There next, then? And the fukker's most likely in There, somewhere. "

The book is written by Canter who was one of the pioneers of psychological profiling. He found it hard for the old school detectives to take it seriously. But when he did have his offer of help accepted they quickly realised its usefulness. I found it fascinating how accurate the profiles were to the offenders. 

The book is available from abe.com for just over two quid plus postage or on amazon kindle. 

• Like 1
On 22/04/2022 at 20:40, Welsh_red said:

Id imagine if they found their girl dead and were planning on hiding the fact then they would tell absolutly nobody . Why would they take the chance on one of the other people talking 

Agreed,these were straight living people who wouldnt think long term criminal thoughts...some of the stuff people accuse them of is just too " gangster " for people who simply dont have a " gangster " mentality and thought process.

• Like 7
52 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Agreed,these were straight living people who wouldnt think long term criminal thoughts...some of the stuff people accuse them of is just too " gangster " for people who simply dont have a " gangster " mentality and thought process.

Exactly if I was on holiday with my mates and families and one of them said : help me get rid of my daughter mate:  I’d having nothing to do with it . And my mates are not the straightest people in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1