Russia Ukraine WW3

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's what I mean. We ban companies from dealing with Russian companies which then creates supply chain problems. Costs go up, economic activity drops, tax returns drop etc etc. Economic wars hurt both parties.

Incidentally, about a month ago, the company I work for, a very small company offering a niche service, was asked to tender for a huge contract in Ukraine. There's only two other service providers that offer what we do, one is Malaysian and one Russian. The Russian's were banned from operating in Ukraine (sanctions) which positioned us very strongly for being awarded the contract. Guess where we stand now? :laugh:

Similarly though the supply of electronic components will be hurt by these sanctions, impacting our operations. 

That’s what happens when you destroy your own industries and the future of your youth and farm it out to people who don’t have your best interests at heart ! 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Never mind the price of bread; I've just been informed mine and my wife's combined pension is going up by less than £6 a week.........and our gas/electric is going up £60 a month !

Cheers.

The wife told me only this morning that our fixed rate gas/electric is going up as its just finished, from £120 to £250 a month.. she can't find in cheaper

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Ok just to play devil's advocate here but Ukraine shares its borders with  other countries who are part of NATO,  so if Russia takes Ukraine as a empire expansion are they not putting NATO  missiles on their own doorstep? Therfore having to keep expansion going? Into other countries. 

The idea of the Iron Curtain was to use the smaller countries as a buffer zone between NATO states and the Russian Motherland. As I said a few days ago; there are no physical obstructions such as major rivers or mountain ranges  between the West and Moscow. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I saw in my local Asda that legs of lamb now have security tags on them like bottles of spirits !

Pork is still cheap, beef is still relatively affordable, why is lamb so expensive ?

Cheers.

It’s all to do with world trade and exchange rates. NZ lamb used to come here and keep our prices down, but China killed half its pigs, and China had 25% or more or the entire worlds pig population. China now takes nz lamb. So you’re stuck with our lamb which is now being paid for fairly, what it’s worth. The pig job has been buggered so there isn’t an export market so there are 1000s of pigs looking for somewhere to go, we also import a lot of cheap pork, factory stuff and have a market for all of the poor cuts because we eat so much sausage etc. Beef we also import a lot which keeps prices down, and again we eat the mince etc so it’s easy to break it down for max value.

But ..... that’s going to change, importing won’t be as good value due to various factors and the price of fert and feed is also going up, which will mean a squeeze. Lucky for beef eating folk, the dairy industry keeps us supplied with a shit load of cheap cattle to fatten and kill. Suckler bred animals are now rare. Your Angus burger and steaks are all out of dairy cows. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s because we are ! 

When someone is committing cultural and genetic genocide on you how else can it be interpreted than that they hate you ?

Do you ever just once think something isn’t all about race ?

17 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

They know the white man is too smart and ready for a fight/revolution to take back their lead, so replace it with tribes who rule with the iron fish and are subservient to leaders, and hack eachother up with machetes and other primeval weapons and dress like birds to intimidate eachother, basically dumb peoples who will do what they want 

f**k me have a day off ? Pure comedy gold ? 

11 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Do you ever just once think something isn’t all about race ?

It’s not “all about race” but we have to realise that everything is connected !

Ultimately YOUR land is about YOUR race so at some point race has to figure ! 

You are culturally, spiritually, genetically connected to soil beneath your feet in the nation of your ancestors…..an attack on anyone of those things is an attack on them all.

If you fail to value one, the others will soon follow !

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It’s all to do with world trade and exchange rates. NZ lamb used to come here and keep our prices down, but China killed half its pigs, and China had 25% or more or the entire worlds pig population. China now takes nz lamb. So you’re stuck with our lamb which is now being paid for fairly, what it’s worth. The pig job has been buggered so there isn’t an export market so there are 1000s of pigs looking for somewhere to go, we also import a lot of cheap pork, factory stuff and have a market for all of the poor cuts because we eat so much sausage etc. Beef we also import a lot which keeps prices down, and again we eat the mince etc so it’s easy to break it down for max value.

But ..... that’s going to change, importing won’t be as good value due to various factors and the price of fert and feed is also going up, which will mean a squeeze. Lucky for beef eating folk, the dairy industry keeps us supplied with a shit load of cheap cattle to fatten and kill. Suckler bred animals are now rare. Your Angus burger and steaks are all out of dairy cows. 

does that not suggest that something is being done wrong in this country if its cheaper to import it from the other side of the globe?

10 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

does that not suggest that something is being done wrong in this country if its cheaper to import it from the other side of the globe?

When clever people appear to be committing madness then you have to conclude that it’s deliberate !

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, smithie said:

The wife told me only this morning that our fixed rate gas/electric is going up as its just finished, from £120 to £250 a month.. she can't find in cheaper

My supplier decided to stop taking payment for my electric in August,same ones provide my gas  too...just before Xmas we had a letter,banging on about bailiffs forcing entry, locksmiths, court proceedings because apparently we have refused them entry to check the meter,f***ing strange because we had no reminders ?...was f***ing fuming... finally got through to some Gupta other end,asked them why they were taking money for every thing else but stopped the electric? Surely if I wasnt going to pay? Then I would of bumped them all?Put us on a repayment plan...£160 to £249 per month.... wouldn't suprise me that they have done it on purpose...they owed us £689 we over payed at the start of the yr...we have had  rebates from gas,water, electric every yr since I moved back here... pays for a holiday every yr?...told them when the bills cleared we off with someone  else..22 yrs loyalty obviously don't count for shit these days?

51 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Pork is still cheap, beef is still relatively affordable, why is lamb so expensive?

Possibly because it's imported and considered to be of such value in devaluing our own lamb that they want the consumer to associate a 'high level' security device attached to it to attribute value to it and then you will likely purchase new Zealand lamb instead of our own. Just a thought, unless it was a security tag on British lamb??

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Do you not think there is a connection to the loss of land and livelihood you bemoan ?

Do you believe all these things are happening in isolation and are completely unconnected ? 

I don’t, I believe in cause and effect and I believe everything is intrinsically connected to everything else but I’d like to know what you think as you seem to find my view of things strange most of the time mate ?

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3