Russia Ukraine WW3

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

If I was a kid just leaving school that pic would sell me on the idea ?

Yeah the corps seems to really have its shit together while the army is lagging in promoting itself. They are fundamentally different but does the army have anything with the appeal these have. More masks :laugh:

293A40F9-0CA7-4459-838B-6D788E6A7DA3.jpeg

C6632AF3-BAC5-44CD-B25E-BCAF5C07155D.jpeg

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Oh, the Corp ? sorry, I saw the pic and thought he was robbing a f***ing bank ?

They rob ships on behalf of her majesty’s government if that appeals? You don’t get to keep the loot though…

0D226D26-1BA2-49D9-9C65-96B3292391DD.jpeg.3f6ee01a2112575a44bd6d779084dd25.jpeg

I expect you might be familiar with the haul

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah the corps seems to really have its shit together while the army is lagging in promoting itself. They are fundamentally different but does the army have anything with the appeal these have. More masks :laugh:

293A40F9-0CA7-4459-838B-6D788E6A7DA3.jpeg

C6632AF3-BAC5-44CD-B25E-BCAF5C07155D.jpeg

Of course they do. They have diversity day ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

They rob ships on behalf of her majesty’s government if that appeals? You don’t get to keep the loot though…

Can't have it all ways I suppose, but for any young kid with a bit of spirit, and a slightly different outlook on life what an adventure walking into that recruitment office would set you out on ?

• Like 2

In regard to the Royal Marines and the rest of our armed forces, quality is has always been there and still is, quantity has always been our problem. We have always punched way above our weight and against all odds came out victorious, for centuries. Best keep our powder dry on this 1 though.

Edited by eastcoast
missed an e
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

FB_IMG_1646074457755.jpg

Who could have predicted that certain 'pro vaccine' Twitter accounts would discredit other Twitter accounts that hold a different opinion than them.......very predictable unfortunately. Pretty clear which side the real disinformation campaign is coming from, so much to lose?

• Like 2

Any of these lads thinking about going over to Ukraine and volunteering ought to have had a word with my old neighbour Don. He'd been out in Nth Africa right from the start of WW2. He'd been there years eating, breathing and shitting sand so when they asked for volunteers for the Paras his name went down first on the list. He couldn't wait to get to Paras training school in Hereford where he'd again see green grass and rain.

They sent him to a new training camp in Oman and from there he ended up sat in the back of a glider being towed out to some Greek island that needed liberating. First sign of AA fire and the Yank pilot cut the tow rope while he was already banking for home. 

In Don's own words he found himself under a parachute with 15lb of Bren Gun hanging between his knackers  trying to blow up his May West life jacket and the island he was heading for was a smudge on the horizon.  

Don's Law; Never, ever volunteer for owt! 

• Like 3
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3