Who's actually got a lurcher?

9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It's in your blood Don, I'm in my 70th year and when I got the last running dog put down , I asked myself if I'd be happy just walking the house cur down to the allotment ? 

The answer was no !

Im happier bringing on a pup and looking forward to the future, far more than sitting watching day time telly and wondering what might have been ! ? !

Cheers.

you charts rio bird all how i’d like to be mate when if i get to that age your all a credit ?still out with the mutts 

• Like 10

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just digging a hole...for my old beddy/bull grey bitch LOLL...passed away in my arms at 8:35 pm last night...was a good dog for me... probably the best I will ever have...rip girl.

Cheers lads,I've just put her to rest in our favourite spot along the river....Run free my girl...

My Wheaton X is 3,I've a young Plummer bitch 5 months, Russell bitch 7, Russell dog 4,patterdale bitch 12 and  2 7 week old Russell's,dog and bitch I'm gonna probably end up running on abit ?...what's

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I've no lurchers but as I approach my 60th birthday this year I've a couple of  decent sorts and looking forward to the future,  over 50 years with running dogs and still keen to hop over a gate ?

20211016_154650.jpg.d4a878f10e64d69b5cd80849699e9af8.jpg

Keep going mate ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm just digging a hole...for my old beddy/bull grey bitch LOLL...passed away in my arms at 8:35 pm last night...was a good dog for me... probably the best I will ever have...rip girl.20151003_085746.jpg.38bad5079edd29ddd057f2d691e84cd1.jpg

Hard when the good'uns go mate

All I have now is an old terrier and have not owned a lurcher myself for many a year. Even "back in the day" I tended to have terriers rather than lurchers but have been fortunate to have had some good hunting partners who kept lurchers and whippets so all bases were covered and I also had the pleasure of seeing their dogs work and run.

The present terrier will be probably be my last for the foreseeable as he has not been given the chances to realise his full potential for various reasons. I wont waste another well bred terrier but at the same time would not really want to keep a terrier that was not well bred. The more I think about it the more a whippet or small lurcher makes sense as the next dog for me partly because I can still find graft for a rabbit dog and partly because I have always loved the little runners.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm just digging a hole...for my old beddy/bull grey bitch LOLL...passed away in my arms at 8:35 pm last night...was a good dog for me... probably the best I will ever have...rip girl.20151003_085746.jpg.38bad5079edd29ddd057f2d691e84cd1.jpg

Sorry to hear that Sean..loll had some go in her she was keen as mustard that night up here...

Rip old girl 

• Like 1