Raw Diet.

38 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Not alot on them? What you knocking over Fawns??. My dogs get from the knees down,they enjoy the hoofs,the ribs and spine...the rest goes in me and the family....and it's a f***ing waste currying it??390537759_Screenshot_20211129-1835052.png.f1b69a516455d922ce3f59bf64d19401.pngDSC_0475.JPG.c2345ee362b365476db3912d4895c4f5.JPG

i’ll normally take em hang them out the way go bk and butcher them later on mate with small head torch on 

days shooting here hares for dogs ? 

24A0A9F0-0232-4EDD-A47E-8C70537F94D5.jpeg.d3e62c7d6349b5759b2454cdfb681538.jpeg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

I ve fed raw and they’ve done alright and other times the dogs have ran like pigs 

I went back to super greyhound with oil and bone meal broth with some scrappy meat on and they were monsters. 

one thing I did notice that may be random but was that the dogs were thrashed by the cold only feeding raw , they carried very little “battle fat” and seemed to feel it more than when they were carrying a bit of hard weight . 

• Like 2

I've found that one of the best ways of adding calcium (bone grows bone) for pups is in the form of chicken wings. My current pup has at least one per day along with natures menu cubes. I know they're expensive compared to other 'make your own' BARF diets, but I've only got the use of one drawer in the family freezer so can't buy in bulk. The cubes are like a BARF version of a complete diet (chicken, salmon, fruit, veg, other stuff) but I also give her other odds and ends for variety and 'eating exercise' like beef trachea and, of course, the good old chicken wings. Her first beef trachea took her nearly two hours to eat but boy did she get a good work out...the rug in the garden room was a bit of a state though.?

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, king said:

Kebab meat and chips isn't the best for a pup greb..its good that you have seen the light ?

Looks like your bull cross has eaten a years supply King, I'd read this thread very carefully, you might learn something. ?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Looks like your bull cross has eaten a years supply King, I'd read this thread very carefully, you might learn something. ?

I think you need to read your own thread very carefully greb. 

You are asking how to feed a pup ffs...

8 minutes ago, king said:

I think you need to read your own thread very carefully greb. 

You are asking how to feed a pup ffs...

I'm asking for opinions on a raw diet. 

If you read, each and every man has different ideas on the subject. 

Going by the condition of your dog, I'll stay clear of yours. ?

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'm asking for opinions on a raw diet. 

If you read, each and every man has different ideas on the subject. 

Going by the condition of your dog, I'll stay clear of yours. ?

I don't do to bad feeding and getting the dogs in decent condition mate..

Good luck with your pup..

Screenshot_20211129-230545_Gallery.jpg.67c3962abdde6604d214680950fe6b84.jpg

• Like 2

Raw meat is excellent but I see plenty of dogs that are fed nothing but kibble and work n look grand on it, strange tho as a member on here stated recently that he worked in a well known kibble manufacturers and they didn't even use real animal protein and meat meal wasn't even meat so it's weird how some dogs do so well off it.

Edited by dodger

a heads up for you raw feeders....

as charts pointed out earlier 1kg a chick wings from aldi  is £1.50......also 1kg of chick thighs are the same price as is hole chick legs.....i think you get better vallue out of the thighs....more flesh...

this bit is the heads up.....if you go in there look for sell by date.....if the date is up i dont mean over....i mean its the day its up.....they knock 75% off.....but make sure you tell the checkout operator as not all of them know this rule....

• Like 1

I used to feed a running dog raw every day but cut Down abit now. Ive found some dogs dont do as good off regular raw food i dont know why but thats a fact. I been doing well adding bone meal to complete and just chucking them odd bits of beef lamb hares once/twice a week. Ive heard people say overdoing the chicken can make a dog aneamic but i like chicken carccass for keeping a dog nice.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TOMO said:

a heads up for you raw feeders....

as charts pointed out earlier 1kg a chick wings from aldi  is £1.50......also 1kg of chick thighs are the same price as is hole chick legs.....i think you get better vallue out of the thighs....more flesh...

this bit is the heads up.....if you go in there look for sell by date.....if the date is up i dont mean over....i mean its the day its up.....they knock 75% off.....but make sure you tell the checkout operator as not all of them know this rule....

Thanks for the tip. I get frozen chicken from Sainsbury as it's cheaper than the 'dog quality' chicken wings across the road in the pet shop. However, I only give it to the adult as I find the chemicals they use in the manufacture of the human grade stuff can sometimes give pups a gippy tummy.

• Like 1