Raw Diet.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'd say nearer a kilo for the main meal, and bits and pieces throughout the day.

She's 26" and around 60 lb, at 6 1/2 month, so I feed her as much as she wants and just let her be a pup.

The serious work will start when she's around 8/9 months. 

Cheers.

big pup mate she can trounce the grub as big and heavier then me dog 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

When you say you give them lamb ribs and other treats is this on a daily basis and part of their main diet or is it just a once a week thing? 

Daily basis. If I haven't got the ribs I just buy a kilo of raw chicken wings from Aldi or asda , £1.50. Also been getting sheep and deer feet, keeps them occupied when lying in the kennel.

Cheers.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Daily basis. If I haven't got the ribs I just buy a kilo of raw chicken wings from Aldi or asda , £1.50. Also been getting sheep and deer feet, keeps them occupied when lying in the kennel.

Cheers.

the serrano bones arent bad mate from range morrissons etc good if not got a freezer 1 quid a go 2 in a pack 

I feed a raw diet to adult dogs.I do not feed raw to pups.My pups eat the best puppy kibble i can find.Pups need a calcium phosphorus  ratio of 2:1 where most adult dogs need a 1:1 ratio.I have seen a few people damage pups unknowingly.In my opinion  a proper raw diet is the best but its too easy to get it wrong with a pup in my opinion. 

This is my current feed for my terriers.

Day one

12oz chicken leg quarter(Calcium,calories)

2 oz pinksalmon(vitaminD,omega3)

1 medium egg(vitamind,k,e)

Day 2

2oz chicken feet (calcium)

4 oz chicken gizzards(protein)

4 oz chicken heart (iron,)

1 oz beef liver(copper)

1oz oyster (zinc)

2oz pink salmon (vitamind,omega3)

1 medium egg 

The only way a dog can absorb calcium is if he has adequate vitamin d.

My zinc to copper is 1:9 which is considered correct. 

My omega 3 to omega 6 fat ratio is 1:6 which is well balanced.

Calcium phosphorous is 1.1:1 which is to low for a pup.

I add wheat germ for a carb souce and a little spinach as my raw diet is low in manganese,magnesium  and vitamin e.

I try to follow the sleddog formula which is 

90 grams of protein 36% of calories

60 grams of fat  54% of calories

25 grams of carbs 10% of calories

Per 1,000 calories.

I would highly recommend  studying  every vitamin and mineral in your raw diet before giving to a puppy.Just my opinion. 

• Like 4
Just now, Rickshaw swami said:

I feed a raw diet to adult dogs.I do not feed raw to pups.My pups eat the best puppy kibble i can find.Pups need a calcium phosphorus  ratio of 2:1 where most adult dogs need a 1:1 ratio.I have seen a few people damage pups unknowingly.In my opinion  a proper raw diet is the best but its too easy to get it wrong with a pup in my opinion. 

This is my current feed for my terriers.

Day one

12oz chicken leg quarter(Calcium,calories)

2 oz pinksalmon(vitaminD,omega3)

1 medium egg(vitamind,k,e)

Day 2

2oz chicken feet (calcium)

4 oz chicken gizzards(protein)

4 oz chicken heart (iron,)

1 oz beef liver(copper)

1oz oyster (zinc)

2oz pink salmon (vitamind,omega3)

1 medium egg 

The only way a dog can absorb calcium is if he has adequate vitamin d.

My zinc to copper is 1:9 which is considered correct. 

My omega 3 to omega 6 fat ratio is 1:6 which is well balanced.

Calcium phosphorous is 1.1:1 which is to low for a pup.

I add wheat germ for a carb souce and a little spinach as my raw diet is low in manganese,magnesium  and vitamin e.

I try to follow the sleddog formula which is 

90 grams of protein 36% of calories

60 grams of fat  54% of calories

25 grams of carbs 10% of calories

Per 1,000 calories.

I would highly recommend  studying  every vitamin and mineral in your raw diet before giving to a puppy.Just my opinion. 

That's what I would be worried about, getting it wrong and ending up worse off than just giving the pup kibble. 

I suppose mixing kibble and raw will be fine, but then I've read that can upset their digestive system. 

Just now, Greb147 said:

That's what I would be worried about, getting it wrong and ending up worse off than just giving the pup kibble. 

I suppose mixing kibble and raw will be fine, but then I've read that can upset their digestive system. 

If I'm working an adult terrier hard I add some kibble to maintain weight as my raw diet cost a fortune.The kibble doesn't upset an adult dogs stomach but it does dehydrate them from the carbs.I have tried for years to work out a balanced raw pup formula but I haven't accomplished it.

• Like 1

Screenshot_20181207-071333_Instagram.jpg.ddb016f5a518d088a47ac66344d9fb42.jpgi swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to pick up..handy when you got a few dogs on?DSC_2108.JPG.65fe831a08113ba077fb21f3ea3a75e6.JPG

• Like 9
59 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

A coursing bred pup hopefully mate, arranged to go and see the litter next week. 

They are only 5 week old atm. 

Good luck shag?

Maybe next season you and Katchem will have a day out together? Or will you be out in the slop upto your nutts in muck with old Magoo ??

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Eukanuba medium breed puppy food mixed with sardines in tomato sauce twice a week and mixed with raw minced beef twice a week, other 3 days biscuits on there own, job done, puppy biscuits also good to run working adults on as they have same protein and fat profiles as most good adult performance foods

You feed this kibble to both your puppies and adults?