Raw Diet.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

19 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed cooked bones to a running dog..

Obviously,.. scores of family dogs get away with eating left over chop bones from the dinner plate,. but I would rather not risk that expensive trip to the Vets...Bones in any shape or form, can cause problems, but on the whole, the raw choice is frequently the safest method...

However,.. its a personal choice so,.. 'each to their own'...?

Stay safe ,...kind regards, OldPhil.?

PICT00130.jpg

I almost found this out the hard way with my second lurcher back in the early 90s. I'd given him one of those roasted bones you get from pet shops (before I knew any better) and he suddenly came up to me pawing his muzzle. When I investigated I discovered that the marrow bone had snapped in half and, as it was almost exactly the same width as the inside of his mouth, it had become wedged in the top of his jaw...with the curved edge uppermost. Fortunately he was very amenable to handling as the only way I could get it out was to use a screwdriver through a tiny gap between the bone and the roof of his mouth and lever it out!

• Like 1