Raw Diet.

I've seen lads on here swear by putting pups on a BARF diet and I've also seen lads claim that you get just as good as results mixing kibble and raw. 

Is it more difficult to give them a balanced diet going only raw if you don't know what you're doing, is the added kibble just back up incase they aren't getting all the vitamins and minerals? 

There's a place local to me that does the raw feeds, out of the list what would you say is best for the dog and essential. 

Screenshot_20211128-132324.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

used jays meself greb at askern 

Decent setup mate tbh. 

If I were to go down the raw route I want the pup to get the most benefit out of it. 

Does it matter what raw food they have, etc, etc. 

Is offal essential or will meet and bones do? 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Decent setup mate tbh. 

If I were to go down the raw route I want the pup to get the most benefit out of it. 

did you get yersell a lurcher then mate?

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Decent setup mate tbh. 

put a bit a offal in mate ?variety is allways  good need veg aswell tripe salmon heads jays do them 

• Like 2

That's about the same price I pay for raw.

I mix two raw minced chicken with one raw minced green tripe as the main meal. A drop of veg oil and a spoonful of "bone builder".

They also get lamb ribs, chicken carcasses, beef trimmings, etc that I get for free from a butcher.

Also get herring, mackerel, trout when available.

When we cook veg for ourselves we do more than needed and the dogs get the rest.

All my dogs have been fed this way, and my deer/grey pup is thriving on this diet.

Everyone has their own ideas on feeding, and all dogs are different, so what suits me and my dogs, may not suit others. ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

put a bit a offal in mate ?variety is allways  good need veg aswell tripe salmon heads jays do them 

I'll just give it tins of mackerel mate instead of raw salmon heads? 

You weigh the food or just play it by ear. 

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

That's about the same price I pay for raw.

I mix two raw minced chicken with one raw minced green tripe as the main meal. A drop of veg oil and a spoonful of "bone builder".

They also get lamb ribs, chicken carcasses, beef trimmings, etc that I get for free from a butcher.

Also get herring, mackerel, trout when available.

When we cook veg for ourselves we do more than needed and the dogs get the rest.

All my dogs have been fed this way, and my deer/grey pup is thriving on this diet.

Everyone has their own ideas on feeding, and all dogs are different, so what suits me and my dogs, may not suit others. ?

Cheers.

the 1 and half kg get eaten a day by piup charts ?

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the 1 and half kg get eaten a day by piup charts ?

I'd say nearer a kilo for the main meal, and bits and pieces throughout the day.

She's 26" and around 60 lb, at 6 1/2 month, so I feed her as much as she wants and just let her be a pup.

The serious work will start when she's around 8/9 months. 

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You use kibble now don't you? 

Much easier that way, just read the label and jobs a good un. ?

kibble and meat mate but i boil it not raw same with rabbits and hares boil them up table scraps aswell lol

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I'd say nearer a kilo for the main meal, and bits and pieces throughout the day.

She's 26" and around 60 lb, at 6 1/2 month, so I feed her as much as she wants and just let her be a pup.

The serious work will start when she's around 8/9 months. 

Cheers.

When you say you give them lamb ribs and other treats is this on a daily basis and part of their main diet or is it just a once a week thing? 

Just now, mC HULL said:

kibble and meat mate but i boil it not raw same with rabbits and hares boil them up table scraps aswell lol

Doesn't boiling it defeat the purpose though mate? 

I suppose the kibble has back up ensures they are getting all the nourishment.