Raw Diet.

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

You feed this kibble to both your puppies and adults? 

Yes adults through the winter when working, the only difference between puppy biscuits and adult performance biscuits is the size of the biscuits, use to feed Arden grange for a while but dogs seem to struggle to hold weight on it for some reason, Eukanuba backs like coffee tables and don’t need to give them that much, used it for 20 years, good tackle 

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

k   i   l  l   i  n  g  

What you get up to, when you're 'up a tree' is your business, Magoo.  ? lol.  Just messing, Magoo ?

Anyway, I thought you offered greb a pup a couple of weeks back?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What you get up to, when you're 'up a tree' is your business, Magoo.  ? lol.  Just messing, Magoo ?

Anyway, I thought you offered greb a pup a couple of weeks back?

He did a couple of months back but it was a bitch mate, would be after a dog fella, don't want the Akita stuck up it. ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Screenshot_20181207-071333_Instagram.jpg.ddb016f5a518d088a47ac66344d9fb42.jpgi swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to pick up..handy when you got a few dogs on?DSC_2108.JPG.65fe831a08113ba077fb21f3ea3a75e6.JPG

i’ve use raw place close now mate 90lb so dearer but there fully sealed packages it’s a nightmare going to the freezer out back and kids or missus unplugged the c**t a load a shit to clean up ? ED2025B3-069A-41D6-AB6C-2DF71DC44836.jpeg.4031245f8e340c78c4301610b89e954c.jpeg

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I've seen lads on here swear by putting pups on a BARF diet and I've also seen lads claim that you get just as good as results mixing kibble and raw. 

Is it more difficult to give them a balanced diet going only raw if you don't know what you're doing, is the added kibble just back up incase they aren't getting all the vitamins and minerals? 

There's a place local to me that does the raw feeds, out of the list what would you say is best for the dog and essential. 

Screenshot_20211128-132324.png

I got my first pup recently and went back and forth in my mind on whether to feed BARF or not, in the end I decided to just feed a decent kibble (Skinner's field and trial) with some cooked meat mixed in. He also has some Butcher's puppy wet food with the kibble because that's what he was on at the breeder's and coating the kibble in a third of a tin of that means he eats it all no problem ?

My conclusion on raw feeding was that to do it cost effectively you have to do yourself, rather than use the pre packaged stuff. My pup was going to end up on 1kg a day or something silly which would be costing me £5 per day from one of the pre-made raw companies. Can't quite stretch the budget that far unfortunately!

To my mind (and of course other people may differ) I decided that there was too much room for error trying to make sure I covered all his nutritional bases myself. They need 80% muscle meat, 10% bone and 10% offal to do it properly, by all accounts. I think that feeding decent kibble makes sure that he doesn't get deficiencies through my own accidental error. 

He gets cooked Pheasant, Beef mince, Chicken or boiled egg mixed in too so that he (hopefully) gets some of the benefits of having those things in his diet. He seems to be doing well on this regime from what I can tell - putting on muscle, coat is soft and he's digesting it well enough. 

If I had the money I probably would feed him 100% BARF on the ready made stuff, but for my situation now doing it this way works well for me and him ?

• Like 3

Am lucky my cousin is a butcher so get fatty lamb ribs , lamb skin,chicken carcass, wings , beef trim , beef hart , some times lambs liver , and what evers fallen on floor , u put a bit of sf50 on and salmon oil   they get veg me kids don't eat and a tin of sardines ones a week 

14 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve use raw place close now mate 90lb so dearer but there fully sealed packages it’s a nightmare going to the freezer out back and kids or missus unplugged the c**t a load a shit to clean up ? ED2025B3-069A-41D6-AB6C-2DF71DC44836.jpeg.4031245f8e340c78c4301610b89e954c.jpeg

Why you buying venison mate ? Thought you had the ultimate deer killing machines ? ??

• Haha 5