Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, mel b said:

Now that looks feckin painful 😣

It fcking was mate and I don't mind admitting it. Funny thing was later on I settled down in the tent to try and get some kip.. I couldn't find my head torch. So i had to crawl back out to where I fell using my phone light and there my head torch was on the floor. I'd gone down that hard it must have just flown off ffs!! Lol..

54 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

It fcking was mate and I don't mind admitting it. Funny thing was later on I settled down in the tent to try and get some kip.. I couldn't find my head torch. So i had to crawl back out to where I fell using my phone light and there my head torch was on the floor. I'd gone down that hard it must have just flown off ffs!! Lol..

Ain't that just typical 🙄

I once sprained my ankle while I was out shooting. I was about 200 yards away from the car( that I'd left running , with my phone on the seat )🙄.  My foot and leg went black within minutes , and I was in a right feckin mess. When I went over , it felt and made a noise , like I'd snapped my ankle clean off 😄.

I sprained my ankle chasing a chicken , that had come over from the free range chicken place next door. In the space of a month , I knocked myself out twice( on the same tree), and sprained my ankle,  all chasing chickens . What a knob 😔.

• Haha 4

Crying out loud @Bush Rummagercant believe what I’ve just read… You’ve done a right old job on yourself there fella, glad you managed to get home safe and sound.. Just goes to show how easily things can go tits up… Hope you’re on the mend soon pal and back out on the hills. Looks a super spot and what would’ve been a great camp apart from the injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 07/08/2023 at 19:58, Bush Rummager said:

Bad luck that mate, must admit I'm always out on my own and don't get a phone signal in some bits. I have thought about one of them GPS things just for peace of mind. Seen a Motorola defy satellite link for £159 with a years free subscription.  Allows you to txt home with no signal and a SOS to thunderbirds in case your proper fooked and break summat. Just as a back up peace of mind thing really. 

• Thanks 2
13 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Crying out loud @Bush Rummagercant believe what I’ve just read… You’ve done a right old job on yourself there fella, glad you managed to get home safe and sound.. Just goes to show how easily things can go tits up… Hope you’re on the mend soon pal and back out on the hills. Looks a super spot and what would’ve been a great camp apart from the injury.

I know mate.. I feel a right nobber! Was supposed to be hitting the Lakes for a 2 nighter this month but that's on the back burner for now. Hopefully be back out in September finger's crossed! I'm thinking about the pack weight that could be a problem when the time comes.. don't know anyone with a Yak for hire do you?! Lol..

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Bad luck that mate, must admit I'm always out on my own and don't get a phone signal in some bits. I have thought about one of them GPS things just for peace of mind. Seen a Motorola defy satellite link for £159 with a years free subscription.  Allows you to txt home with no signal and a SOS to thunderbirds in case your proper fooked and break summat. Just as a back up peace of mind thing really. 

Cheers pal.. yes I'm 46 now and been going up there since a mid teenager and never had an accident. I did have a signal in some bits I remember clocking in with the Mr's and kids after I'd pitched up but yes, totally agree mate those batman phones that work off the satellites without a phone signal are priceless. I should have a look into them seeing as I've got nowt else to do other than being sat around all day scratching my knackers!!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

I am thinking of getting one of those PLB’s,I have seen a couple in Cabelas and a few other outdoor stores.I watched a few Dave Paulides CanAm missing on YouTube,and his excellent Missing 411,you just never know,a Brit actor Julian sands went missing out here while trekking earlier this year his body (skeletal remains)was found after 5 months,I am doing the tour du mont blank trek next year alone,as my missus always says better safe than sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

I am thinking of getting one of those PLB’s,I have seen a couple in Cabelas and a few other outdoor stores.I watched a few Dave Paulides CanAm missing on YouTube,and his excellent Missing 411,you just never know,a Brit actor Julian sands went missing out here while trekking earlier this year his body (skeletal remains)was found after 5 months,I am doing the tour du mont blank trek next year alone,as my missus always says better safe than sorry.

It's wise Mac.. very wise to pick up something like that, especially for what you'll be doing. I can share my real time location when I'm out on a bike ride from my Wahoo but you do need a signal. Same as my garmin watch. Its handy for if my Mrs ever has to recover me out of a hedge bottom or to see when I'm half an hour away and to get tea going! Lol..

I might try the budget option location detection device.. a Dora the Explorer helium balloon on a ten 10 mtr string tied to the rucksack! Small LED light optional upgrade!! 

F@@k.. I am really bored!! 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

It's wise Mac.. very wise to pick up something like that, especially for what you'll be doing. I can share my real time location when I'm out on a bike ride from my Wahoo but you do need a signal. Same as my garmin watch. Its handy for if my Mrs ever has to recover me out of a hedge bottom or to see when I'm half an hour away and to get tea going! Lol..

I might try the budget option location detection device.. a Dora the Explorer helium balloon on a ten 10 mtr string tied to the rucksack! Small LED light optional upgrade!! 

F@@k.. I am really bored!! 

If you see a Dora the explorer balloon bobbing over the alps it’s only me nicking your idea lol.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I don't go that. It's more if I really break my leg as just as a back up. Av got enough pins and plates with out adding to them lol.