Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

On 30/09/2023 at 22:41, mackem said:

Used to get barbours and berghaus from the factories,at one time I was told most people in southwick were wearing decent berghaus jackets as a local lad worked in the factory,I only wore it because I was getting it cheap,never really liked berghaus.

Used to get Rab,Montane,Northface and all that gear literally by the Ton sacks🙈..lads I knew used to go around emptying the  go outdoors/ Blacks stores etc....we would sell it at half bubble👍

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

On 30/09/2023 at 11:03, mackem said:

I will take some footage,jeans and stuff doesn’t cut it,got to be lightweight and hydrophobic.

I will check them out,only went for Kuiu because of the reputation,to be honest I am spoilt for choice over here,Canucks have a rep for being outdoorsy types,the kit is top notch,Kuiu is what a lot of people get when heading to Alaska and northern Canada so I know it will be fine in the alps and himalaya,packs down to nothing as well,they have a 100% waterproof floatable dry bag rucksack,I have used dry bags before,will probably go for their bag.

just having a coffee in Timmies,last day of the Salmon season,hoping for a biggie.

There's a walking group picks up near me, if anybody turns up wearing jeans they're refused on the coach, getting stuck in the fog on top of somewhere like the Lakeland fells without suitable clothing is asking for trouble 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

There's a walking group picks up near me, if anybody turns up wearing jeans they're refused on the coach, getting stuck in the fog on top of somewhere like the Lakeland fells without suitable clothing is asking for trouble 

I spent a week up there recently mate full cotton attire lol 

A8A3BE72-A735-4E4A-A55E-7E4804585EE1.jpeg

FDB253B0-34C2-4F27-A1D8-ACF499C99D83.jpeg

C1F76D1D-37B5-4C90-9890-69A51E25F5E8.jpeg

A6980478-1688-4767-B060-F22CB9233802.jpeg

FE0DD83C-125C-48AA-97CE-3BB7DF38F978.jpeg

48E04C87-F7B1-4C69-9A5A-32CCBEDC477C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

You'll never squeeze into them 

Funny thing although I am the same weight as I was at 20 my body shape has changed and waste has gone from 28” to 32” ,still have the 6 pack it’s just lagged in a layer of fat now lol 

35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Funny thing although I am the same weight as I was at 20 my body shape has changed and waste has gone from 28” to 32” ,still have the 6 pack it’s just lagged in a layer of fat now lol 

35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I've got a fat T shirt as well, but after removing sugar and pastry products from my diet I'm ebbing away steadily 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Used to get Rab,Montane,Northface and all that gear literally by the Ton sacks🙈..lads I knew used to go around emptying the  go outdoors/ Blacks stores etc....we would sell it at half bubble👍

That sparks a memory,a news report years ago,some lads maybe the midlands?Maybe wales?Burgled an outdoor factory,made their escape along a railway track with their booty on quads,goods train came along and wiped them out.

winters coming.

14587FE4-AD2C-446E-8556-2A73D5E38253.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

I have an old fleece jacket Drenham drench wear not made any more, when it gets washed rarely but when it goes in machine I add nikwax tech wash makes jeans water proof too.

I borrowed a flying suit once for a microlight course,Hungarian goose down filling,supposedly the best down available,never been so warm in a microlight,even went through a snowfall at 4500 feet I think it was,been trying to find a Hungarian down jacket for this winter,the jacket I just bought has a down filling and will serve purpose,just not quite as good.

A0AD42FE-EEEE-435D-BE9A-8506377DDD4A.png

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mackem said:

I borrowed a flying suit once for a microlight course,Hungarian goose down filling,supposedly the best down available,never been so warm in a microlight,even went through a snowfall at 4500 feet I think it was,been trying to find a Hungarian down jacket for this winter,the jacket I just bought has a down filling and will serve purpose,just not quite as good.

A0AD42FE-EEEE-435D-BE9A-8506377DDD4A.png

If I was going up in a kite with a lawn mower engine , I'd need a nappy , not a big coat 😁.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, mel b said:

If I was going up in a kite with a lawn mower engine , I'd need a nappy , not a big coat 😁.

The bloke who loaned me the suit had sold a microlight a few years previously to a bloke who had a couple of lessons,only a couple,then took it up solo stalled at a thousand feet or so,he died.

• Sad 2
21 minutes ago, mackem said:

The bloke who loaned me the suit had sold a microlight a few years previously to a bloke who had a couple of lessons,only a couple,then took it up solo stalled at a thousand feet or so,he died.

My mistake,it was 300 feet,always get professional training.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Adrian Paterson, 49, from Clackmannan, Scotland, died when his craft plunged to the...

I rember the old British army bags the down ones the feathers used to move to the bottom of bag lol

The bag after around the Bosnian war time that was a good one I still have it with drying pockets on the inside and burst out zip with the gortex over bag which I never bothered with.

• Like 2