What's cooking?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

I've just entered a chippy coma!!

If you stand that fish up.. it's the sme height as a whippet/ bed...?20210816_195250.jpg.94c45bb6c59264a590a04f1fdb571535.jpg

I've been craving a fish supper just like that for about 2 weeks  - with some pickled onion vinegar on the chips :yes:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Arry said:

Bit of a simple one but taste great.

IMG_3795.JPG.2ae2afef7d7407733ae80923982cbe13.JPG

Cheers Arry

Perfectly trimmed runners... lovely mate

Didn't have any veg in this, just no time...missed it tbh 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I've been craving a fish supper just like that for about 2 weeks  - with some pickled onion vinegar on the chips :yes:

Fish supper... Sounds so strange for a scouser that. I've never heard chippy fish an chips called that in or around this city... Makes it sound posh.!

Went out with a real posh bird years ago (she was deffo lovin a bit of rough..!) And all their evening meals were called 'suppers'.

We did use that word but for a bite to eat before bed time, like after 9pm type thing. Me mam loved cheese on toast for a supper, maybe once a week. Evening meals were your 'tea', lunch times were your 'dinner'.

So for us it was, breakfast, dinner and tea but once or twice a week you could have a supper and fish an chips was deffo off that menu.

Love how things like this differ all over the country... ?

3 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Fish supper... Sounds so strange for a scouser that. I've never heard chippy fish an chips called that in or around this city... Makes it sound posh.!

Went out with a real posh bird years ago (she was deffo lovin a bit of rough..!) And all their evening meals were called 'suppers'.

We did use that word but for a bite to eat before bed time, like after 9pm type thing. Me mam loved cheese on toast for a supper, maybe once a week. Evening meals were your 'tea', lunch times were your 'dinner'.

So for us it was, breakfast, dinner and tea but once or twice a week you could have a supper and fish an chips was deffo off that menu.

same my neck a the woods mate breakfast dinner and tea 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

we call it that too in northern ireland, bur just from the chippy, anything with chips is called a supper

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

I have had this argument many many times. Those bloody weirdo southerners, spreading the wrong words about! I always ask them, "what were the ladies called in school when you sat down to eat" soon shuts them up! It's breakie, dinner, tea and supper ?‍♂️?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Yes, I find it interesting how it's called different things in different places - I'm a Berkshire lad originally. To us it was always breakfast, lunch and dinner - Dinner being your evening meal around 5 or 6pm.

We never did supper but, for some reason fish and chips from the chip shop was always called a fish supper or a chippy tea :thumbs:

• Like 1