• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to the young lad, if that’s what he wants to iron his money out on and it makes him happy. We all sound like a right load of old b*****ds, I find myself doing it with my kids and then I

Problem is the youngster now are starting on a unskilled wage at 18 not far off that of blokes in their 60's couple that with the fact they usually stay at home paying peanuts it means their disposabl

I’m they same. People i grew up with moaning they can’t afford a house and say I must earn good money to afford it. But they also forget I was driving round in a £300 banger what was bought and paid.

Posted Images

Just now, Gypsydog94 said:

Was just thinking that. They don’t realise the money there spunking on material things 

At the weekend I'm doing some jobs at my new house and a mate and her mate come trotting by on their Sunday ride and we have a natter like. Anyway her mate asks me if I bought the house or renting and when I said bought she said something that's getting rare these days "Oh well done!". Too many piss their money away and then refer to those that didn't as "lucky". f**k off!

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

At the weekend I'm doing some jobs at my new house and a mate and her mate come trotting by on their Sunday ride and we have a natter like. Anyway her mate asks me if I bought the house or renting and when I said bought she said something that's getting rare these days "Oh well done!". Too many piss their money away and then refer to those that didn't as "lucky". f**k off!

I’m they same. People i grew up with moaning they can’t afford a house and say I must earn good money to afford it. But they also forget I was driving round in a £300 banger what was bought and paid. When they was driving round in 10 grand financed cars. never had new model phones always kept the one I had till was knackered. They can’t understand I was saving from when I started working. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, sid g said:

young lad helps  out  on the market stall comes dressed like hes going on a night out his winter puffa jacket cost him 350 quid  ,,,, just how the young uns are these days no different to someone spending good money on hunting gear 

you ain't seen me out hunting then...joggers..and 10 quid gortex over trousers from eBay...jacket the same....wellys from decathlon....lol

Good luck to the young lad, if that’s what he wants to iron his money out on and it makes him happy.

We all sound like a right load of old b*****ds, I find myself doing it with my kids and then I remember all the nonsense I ever ironed my readies out on and laugh.

The Mrs just give me a funny look and says “listen to yourself you miserable b*****d !” Lol 

Lets all try and remember our 20s, all done up in a bit of tidy clobber and feeling like a million dollars heading out on a Saturday......we have all done it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

When I was a kid the popular kids wore faded blue jeans with holes torn in the knees.My father couldn't afford these expensive jeans with holes so when he would buy me a pair I would go to the basketball gym and run and slide on my knees until the blue jeans wore into.Now my oldest daughter gets to buy the blue jeans with holes already in the knees now.Makes me proud even though I still complain about it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What a bunch of miserable old cnuts the lad can spend the money HE EARNED on whatever the fukc he wants. I bet he would Piss himself Laughing at the money we pay for dogs, guns, hunting clothing .........

• Like 2
7 hours ago, sid g said:

young lad helps  out  on the market stall comes dressed like hes going on a night out his winter puffa jacket cost him 350 quid  ,,,, just how the young uns are these days no different to someone spending good money on hunting gear 

thats cheap some the canada goose puffers over 5 ton an em stone island thing the same and they look like feckin bin liners

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Good luck to the young lad, if that’s what he wants to iron his money out on and it makes him happy.

We all sound like a right load of old b*****ds, I find myself doing it with my kids and then I remember all the nonsense I ever ironed my readies out on and laugh.

The Mrs just give me a funny look and says “listen to yourself you miserable b*****d !” Lol 

Lets all try and remember our 20s, all done up in a bit of tidy clobber and feeling like a million dollars heading out on a Saturday......we have all done it.

Yeah of course it’s only a hat. I mean we all treat ourselves to bollocks. The lad might otherwise live in rags and be 15k towards a house or be paying for education or have f***ing trust fund or whatever. This ain’t really about him and his hat, LOL. I just think we’re quick to blame the government for all our woes and totally absolve ourselves of any responsibility. ‘The hat’ just seems symptomatic of general bad attitudes. Ffs I’ve got a younger colleague who drives a brand new Tesla and tells us how he can’t afford a f***ing house! You’ve got lads driving about like the CEO of a FTSE100 company living with the ‘rents till they start to feel like a bit of a looser and then get stuck in the rent bubble out of desperation.

Another time and another thread and we’ll be tearing the government to bits for putting us in chains.

Id not be giving him a hard time in person, it’s just a throwaway comment on a thread about no one really.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4
46 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah of course it’s only a hat. I mean we all treat ourselves to bollocks. The lad might otherwise live in rags and be 15k towards a house or be paying for education or have f***ing trust fund or whatever. This ain’t really about him and his hat, LOL. I just think we’re quick to blame the government for all our woes and totally absolve ourselves of any responsibility. ‘The hat’ just seems symptomatic of general bad attitudes. Ffs I’ve got a younger colleague who drives a brand new Tesla and tells us how he can’t afford a f***ing house! You’ve got lads driving about like the CEO of a FTSE100 company living with the ‘rents till they start to feel like a bit of a looser and then get stuck in the rent bubble out of desperation.

Another time and another thread and we’ll be tearing the government to bits for putting us in chains.

Id not be giving him a hard time in person, it’s just a throwaway comment on a thread about no one really.

It’s like this, you don’t get to rump the life out of a tidy little sort by saying look at my M&S joggers and telling them about your trust fund for uni ! Lol ? ? 

I know it was only a comment mate, I wasn’t digging anyone out ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Problem is the youngster now are starting on a unskilled wage at 18 not far off that of blokes in their 60's couple that with the fact they usually stay at home paying peanuts it means their disposable incomes are massive.  Young lads where I work have over £1500 a month in their pockets once they pay house keep buying a stone island coat for a grand is a drop in the ocean to them. 

When I left school on a YTS £25, £10 for house keep, £5 for travelling, £5 for clothes/deodorant used to put a £1 a week up for new tools and £4 for cider on a weekend, wouldnt change it for the world made me realise the value of money.        

Spot on, my kid sister still lives at home and in the last month or 2 has spent over a grand on a tattoo just because she can basically

• Like 1

I must have 20 odd hats dotted around the house , van , my parents , shed . Always buying them thinsulate ones from petrol stations and getting ones from work 

I find it hard to spend serious money on any clothing as im awefull and keeping stuff tidy wearing them where i shouldnt like the shed or in the garden

I got a [BANNED TEXT] who just spent 75 quid on a plain white t shirt . Not my thing in the slightest but hes always in sharp clothes and actively looks after his clothes and shoes . Good for him i say   , ive always considered myself a bit of a scruff tho tbh and cant see me changing anytime soon 

• Like 1