4 months for badgers

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

My old queenie Anne footed jrt was a master at finding and treeing sqizzers lol She fuuckin hated them with a passion ?

My lurcher and one of the terriers hate them. Misses hates the dogs when she takes em for a walk down public wood and there going bonkers at a tree ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye but they hardly on ground an when they are never very far from a tree them coons get hunted a fair bit sometimes before found?? hardly the same is it?

Have had a few good runs on squirrels when caught in the open?surprising how often the lurcher will sit by a tree staring and it can take me 15 minutes to spot them laying flat against a branch and the terrier pushes them out of cover it’s great because they are normally fixed on the dog so I can get a shot with the catty, they have almost replaced rabbits for me ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Living in Wales as a teenager was all squirrels for me didn't really know it at the time but I loved it, my terrier was a mustard squirrel dog and would work the other side of a tree to give me a shot, would sit quiet for hours til the 410 went off , used to ferret squirrels out of hollow oaks, we had countless amounts off the black mountains, and some were hard won. Great times looking back, gun and dog. If I'd had lurchers back then might have had got in more bother got in enough with guns tbh...and thank God I didn't grow up in times of camera phones and tech ,I've done some stupid stuff and it got a lot stupider once I had a motor lol....

Yea my old JR as a kid loved squirrel and used to mark them a treat. Same old holes in trees would produce time and time again. Squirrels all ways made a right racket before bolting but never bit the ferret. But they would give the old JR a good nip if they got the chance.

Some things never change :)

45011863895_e5a45a8503_o.jpg

36538522782_e14e4167aa_o.jpg

23296408094_e852191221_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, mushroom said:

Good eating too ?

Bit of a b*****d skinning though, I was offered money a while back by some posh deli type of butchers in town for them, but then it all started with wanting defra paperwork etc so I bowed out ?

• Haha 1

Tending to agree with what a few lads on hear have said and i carn't see myself having another lurcher how times have changed 35 years ago i ended up in hospital after having a run in with local keepers wile lamping rabbits poaching and the lads at the pit i worked at had a whip round for me .The shitty warehouse job i am in now it would be my p45 they would be handing me not a few bob.lol

• Like 11
  • 4 months later...
On 04/10/2020 at 13:27, foxdropper said:

The question has to be why film it .Bragging rights are a complete turn off for me ,we all know who does what and what their dogs do ,the filming is totally beyond me of something illegal .

The badger cull around us has totally decimated numbers .Where I used to see plenty I’m lucky to see one nowadays .If the cull hasn’t reached your area it will and the scale of slaughter is immeasurable .I think the original number was 70% of the population but I’m reliably told that’s to appease the huggers .Total eradication is the policy and implemented in most areas .Shame as I like to watch their antics of a summers evening .

The facts arnt yet out as far as I’m aware to state categorically that Tb is spread by badgers and that the cull has addressed this .

"the facts arnt yet out as far as im aware to state categorically that Tb is spread by badgers" ?,.....yep, im not convinced, either,.....

On 04/10/2020 at 08:15, fireman said:

The old bill do have trouble getting into i phones as it goes as apple won't give the free access..

Definately mate I no lads jailed extra 6 month because the won’t give the password to phone you get a charge for that 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Definately mate I no lads jailed extra 6 month because the won’t give the password to phone you get a charge for that 

It'll be obstruction of some sort, better not to put or send stupid shit on any sort of device as there is always a comeback of some sort...

• Like 2

no wonder the job is fkd .bloody mobile phones were and are your worst enemy if you take dodgy photos and post on the interweb .,what happend to the days when you did a bit .left a footprint and thats all ..  

• Like 7

? It's good to look back on past events, remember your old hunting pals and the exciting times out with the dogs,..but, film wise, there is a time to switch the camera off? 

Most men know when that time is, and they act accordingly...

In saying this,..and considering my own past deeds, it is a case of 'what any man chooses to do with his dogs, is entirely a matter for his own conscience'...

End of story really...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 9