4 months for badgers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

The tale I heard was some dogmen threw an unlocked iPhone in the bushes when they got pulled off plod, they thought it hadn't been found so carried in using the agreed code but unbeknown to them a handpicked team of the UK's finest mathematicians had been assembled at bletchley and have been deciphering it for a couple of years. There going to make a film about it I heard.

I'm hoping they decipher the girl code next my missus keeps sending this ? whenever she's describing me to her mates I'd love to know what it means.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

The tale I heard was some dogmen threw an unlocked iPhone in the bushes when they got pulled off plod, they thought it hadn't been found so carried in using the agreed code but unbeknown to them a handpicked team of the UK's finest mathematicians had been assembled at bletchley and have been deciphering it for a couple of years. There going to make a film about it I heard.

I'm hoping they decipher the girl code next my missus keeps sending this ? whenever she's describing me to her mates I'd love to know what it means.

Your a fruit ?

• Haha 1

I don’t know what a “dog man” is either, lots of people keep lots of different animals and have the interest to present the best example of the thing that they can, other people just want a dog or a few sheep or canaries or whatever......all this “dog man” talk is nonsense imho, most lads I have ever met are just like me, a load of f***ing Herberts who are just messing about in their own peculiar way. 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I don’t know what a “dog man” is either, lots of people keep lots of different animals and have the interest to present the best example of the thing that they can, other people just want a dog or a few sheep or canaries or whatever......all this “dog man” talk is nonsense imho, most lads I have ever met are just like me, a load of f***ing Herberts who are just messing about in their own peculiar way. 

Proper dog men aren't ever just messing about WILF, everything they do revolves around their dogs, I know lads that have lost wives businesses houses but carry on its an obsession or an addiction if you like. 

Plenty of messers alright I'm one myself I just like to get out for a hunt but some lads live and breathe dogs and that's the kind of lads I'm talking about. 

• Like 5
Just now, dogmandont said:

Proper dog men aren't ever just messing about WILF, everything they do revolves around their dogs, I know lads that have lost wives businesses houses but carry on its an obsession or an addiction if you like. 

Plenty of messers alright I'm one myself I just like to get out for a hunt but some lads live and breathe dogs and that's the kind of lads I'm talking about. 

Fair play mate, like most obsessive type folks they are a pretty rare breed.

I suppose what I mean is, them lads ain’t any better than you are doing what you do....blokes like us just don’t have that level of interest or want it to be the only thing we do.
It’s one of those terms that gets thrown about and imho it means very little if you get my drift 

• Like 1

To me a 'dogman' is simply someone who is defined/known by their dogs. Working and producing quality animals is what they dream about and they want to be known for it, they want it to define who they were on this Earth. At the extreme their dogs are everything to them and good dogmen are everything to working dog.

Whereas a 'sportsman' or 'hunter', or whatever, may have a good bit of 'dogman' about them but they're no more defined by what's in their kennel than they are by what's in the gun cabinet. They're really defined by their hunting as a whole. A good sportsman may need to be a good dogman but to me there's a difference in what they're ultimately striving for. The dogs are part of that picture but as facilitators, not strictly as the end goal.

They're not exclusive terms in my head but there is a bit of difference. eg a dogman needs to know what he is kennelling, he has to know to better his stuff. Whereas a sportsman just needs his dogs to do their job. But It's not black and white at all.

• Like 2

I first heard the term " dogman " when reading about bulldog men in America with yards of 50/60/70 plus dogs making a living off the sport and the dogs themselves......im not sure such a thing even exists in this country we dont have people who can live like that.....to me everyone else is just pursuing their sport/hobby " dogman " isnt a title awarded for great achievements its just a person who makes their living purely from the dogs or the dog game...thats my view anyway.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I suppose at it's very simplest good dogmen are the ones folks want dogs off.

f***ing hell, this topic is about to get interesting.....or boring......don’t know which ! Lol 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

f***ing hell, this topic is about to get interesting.....or boring......don’t know which ! Lol 

Yeah, some insecure f****r is going to have a breakdown. LOL. It's not a badge of honour to me mind. Just is what it is.

You know what I mean though. In any of our little worlds you're bound to know a few lads who are respected and have more than just a couple of dogs about. They might need those dogs for their work or they might just be hell bent on their hunting but they're the lads who you want to be mates with so you don't have to chance something off the internet.

I'm not talking about celebrities and heroes, just your run of the mill 'dogmen'. LOL

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fair play mate, like most obsessive type folks they are a pretty rare breed.

I suppose what I mean is, them lads ain’t any better than you are doing what you do....blokes like us just don’t have that level of interest or want it to be the only thing we do.
It’s one of those terms that gets thrown about and imho it means very little if you get my drift 

I know loads who were and are still mad for it... Myself included... But with the ban, work commitments, starting a family etc things change, gone are the days where we would be out daily... You have to move with the times and adapt... I lived for working my terriers... But only a fool would carry on regardless in todays current climate... The biggest problem these days if you ask me is jealousy and clowns looking for a pat on the back ..... That's why most lads doors go through... As I get older I'm happy just to be out... Knocking stuff over is a bonus... You can sicken yourself and a dog killing to much stuff?post-99494-0-49270500-1500532813_thumb.jpgthose who were lucky to remember before the ban.... Enjoy your memories, because no cnut can take them away from us?DSC_1076.thumb.JPG.7044e8106be879fb69fdcd13ed8c146a.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Life goes on mate, painted a bedroom for someone this morning, two coats of emulsion and one gloss away by 1 and off out with the dags don’t really no what all the fuss is about, been walking this land for 40 years happy as Larry , the only difference today is nothing has a price tag on it so what’s the point ?? All my money came from fur feathers and meat, today nobody wants any of them so why take more than you need ?? 

0FB58F1D-1194-42D8-8397-1D4878E7421C.jpeg

D6E7EDFF-CBCD-453C-A24E-7A93B84335F1.jpeg

24E5D235-8E29-4C09-B156-D5358E73A6C6.jpeg

27 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Roe kid .Partial adult slot behind and left .

It’s alive with them and muntis can’t go for a walk without seeing a few that’s the main path through the farmyard walked by all the horse riders from dawn to dusk ?