4 months for badgers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with JDhunting about the upside down justice system that gives more punishment for this than peados or burglary.                But there is an underlying sentiment on this thread that the o

My point is that running dogs on badgers is bad for dogs , and ultimately bad for the image of running dogs . But we don’t need to worry about it do we , because it’s banned anyway.             I’m

4 months and between 2 and 5 grand fines for knocking a pig but you can throw statues in Bristol docks with absolutely no come back......amazing ! 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Put a word in mate .Could sort that to manageable levels .

It’s a good food source for the beasties im looking for, it’s also pretty unsuitable for anything more than a shotgun due to the flat ground and it’s proximity to the motorways and major railway lines, I think that’s probably why they are so prolific around here, I had an accidental course along the hard shoulder of the m5 last winter luckily it turned back in rather than going across the carriageways, ?

• Like 1

No mate along the Severn valley but very simular land to the levels, done a bit of filming with a drone down there a couple of weeks back and the film maker said I,ve never seen the Somerset levels from the air before, I told him he was in Gloucestershire ??

Them nuclear power stations are to be avoided if your at it at night down there the all seeing ? gets a bit heavy when your having a lamp around and they own a considerable amount of the surrounding land as well, been red dotted a couple of times round oldbury on Severn ??

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I first heard the term " dogman " ...... yards of 50/60/70 plus dogs making a living off the sport and the dogs themselves......im not sure such a thing even exists in this country we dont have people who can live like that.....

Only comparison in the British Isles would be greyhound trainers. That unfortunately in is decline.

Theirs also another species that fanciers at the top could possibly have a similar accolade, but thats not a hunting subject.

I guess you're a dogman when;

The only designer clothes you own were designed for soldiers in the '50s,

When you use more electricity for puppies heat lamps and charging your batteries than you do for heating your house or cooking.

When what used to be a back garden for your kids and grandkids to play in now has every inch taken up by kennels and runs, 

When your wife goes on holiday by herself because you've told her you can't leave the dogs,

When your wife tells you "no, I'm not having rabbit/hare/pheasant for my dinner, I'm off to the pub for a steak".

When the only time you meet your mates is when it's dark and your out lamping,

When you won't buy new furniture when the dog has destroyed your couch and carpet, but you don't bat an eyelid at a £2000 vet bill.

I could go on, but I guess you get my drift !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

No Lurcher at the minute, haven't got the time for one tbh. What about you? 

Just a lurcher and a terrier, used to have a lot more but a young family and elderly parents and a wife that works evenings and weekends have had to come first, I'll never go back to having the kennels full but can't ever see me never having a lurcher and terrier of some sort about the place. 

• Like 2