Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Why do you think it's taking the UK so long to close schools and other meeting places of the general public.

Surly they see what's happening in other countries, and some fourm of isolation is called for. 

Atb  j

We don't seem to have been hit anywhere near as bad. YET. 20 cases per million people in UK, vs like 400 per million in Italy.

Is it worth crashing the economy and society?

• Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Pakis will mate if itll effect family one of my good mates is a paki he’s a proper lad not the easy offended type either he’s good banter but there very family orientated he’s put himself in isolation because he had contacted with a confirmed case he didn’t have to he works with a load of us white boys he could of easily kept his mouth shut and helped spread it he told me he won’t be going to mosque ? he’s let them know the situation he said health before wealth my g ??

Phone him and tell him he SHOULD definitely continue to go to the mosque ! 

• Haha 8
Just now, Born Hunter said:

We don't seem to have been hit anywhere near as bad. YET. 20 cases per million people in UK, vs like 400 per million in Italy.

f**k the economy mate, the UK is the laughing stock of Europe at the moment......showing ourselves up for the shallow, valueless bunch of f***ing cretins we have become.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Can you see it getting worse, if it does the economy will crash anyway.

Atb j 

Just now, jetro said:

Sad really, that wealth comes before the people

Atb j 

It's not that mate. If the economy crashes then tax revenues crash, then public services end and people die anyway. Society has to knuckle under and get on with it.

• Haha 1
Just now, WILF said:

Phone him and tell him he SHOULD definitely continue to go to the mosque ! 

Already told him that he should make Sure he carries on going to mosque because there miss him if he’s not there ??his reply was mother f****r! He’s like east is east mate very devoted Muslim ?? He’s the only paki I know that will get pisses up on a xmas works drink but won’t touch beer he says that’s a white boys drink to get white boy waisted lol 

1 minute ago, jetro said:

Can you see it getting worse, if it does the economy will crash anyway.

Atb j 

Define worse? It's not even close to bad yet imo when put into context, so yes it'll probably get worse. The economy is gonna take a hit no matter what but we can't just all hide until it's over and there's no sense in doing everything to stop this disease if it's going to lead to collapse anyway.

Just now, Born Hunter said:

It's not that mate. If the economy crashes then tax revenues crash, then public services end and people die anyway. Society has to knuckle under and get on with it.

True, that's a very practical approach, but if the casualties start mounting and everyone starts to self isolate, it will put a massive strain on the services.

Regardless what happens in the coming months, each country will pull through, pick up the pieces and carry on. It's human nature. 

Atb j 

• Like 1

Me and her are up North atm, sorting out ongoing care etc for her dad who's 86 and in a care home. We are in there every day (last day today) stuck between a rock and a hard place tbh.  Been seeing my kids and grandkids every day and doing stuff in a fairly densely populated area, it's not a great situation but just got to be careful and keep up strict hygiene practices, having said that I was in several busy pubs last night and must have shook hands with 20 people I haven't seen for years ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

True, that's a very practical approach, but if the casualties start mounting and everyone starts to self isolate, it will put a massive strain on the services.

Regardless what happens in the coming months, each country will pull through, pick up the pieces and carry on. It's human nature. 

Atb j 

Like I keep saying, the economic threat is much worse than the health threat imo. Everyone seems to think the economy is there to make the rich richer, like the poor are immune to economic trouble because they're already poor.

Do folks think that mass isolation is going to make this infectious disease go away? Like if we shut down society for a month it'll just die away and we can all come out to play again. This is going to run its course and all we can do is keep the incident rate down to manageable levels, which at the moment it is.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Define worse? It's not even close to bad yet imo when put into context, so yes it'll probably get worse. The economy is gonna take a hit no matter what but we can't just all hide until it's over and there's no sense in doing everything to stop this disease if it's going to lead to collapse anyway.

You have nowhere left to turn imho mate, that’s why you can’t stop.

Tax (direct and stealth) is at an all time high, your debt is gargantuan and rising at an alarming rate every second, interest rates are at a historical low, nobody gives a f**k about anybody, you have forfeited society in favour of multi culturalism, destroyed your small towns in favour of faceless housing estates and “out of town” shopping and its all rests on you the consumer and tax cow.......you are in rag order and I have been saying it for ages and (again jmho) this will starkly highlight what a state you are in.

This isnt the blitz, we were a very different country then......we threw that country away years ago.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Me and her are up North atm, sorting out ongoing care etc for her dad who's 86 and in a care home. We are in there every day (last day today) stuck between a rock and a hard place tbh.  Been seeing my kids and grandkids every day and doing stuff in a fairly densely populated area, it's not a great situation but just got to be careful and keep up strict hygiene practices, having said that I was in several busy pubs last night and must have shook hands with 20 people I haven't seen for years ?

Cheers, D.

Mate, I know I'm getting to be seen as a bit of a prick on this thread but whatever, just FYI there's apparently little actual evidence that hand washing is going to make any difference. This pathogen is airborne and the biggest risk for contracting it is breathing in a confined space with others. Hand washing isn't likely to help, making sure you are living a life that keeps your immune system tip top (sleep, nutrition, stress etc) and avoiding places like pubs etc is likely your best course of action.

Hand washing won't hurt but there's little to suggest it'll help, other than give worried folks something to do.