Coronavirus

35 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

The most likely and obvious reason is people are scared to go out and get the medical attention they need, A&E admissions are at there lowest levels ever! All the sick people that would normally be in hospital have been kicked out and now a lot out hospitals are basically empty. Normal ICU capacity is spare beds of between 5 to 10% and I believe currently we have around 50-60% empty, those sick people haven’t just got better they have died. The real tragedy of this will be that more people will die of treatable cancer, heart attacks etc above normal than of Covid due to the overreaction of government and excessive fear mongering of the media. Covid is obviously serious but not as serious as cancer and many other diseases that kill 100,000’s of people every year.   

A good pal had a bit of a turn less than 2 weeks ago,he went to hospital and was checked over and had to go back the next day,they told him the results of the tests and he has cancer,around a week later at the most he was in for his first chemo treatment and is back next week for the second lot and so forth until his treatment is finished.They have told him there will be no reason for any change in his treatment due to covid problems as that hospital isn't over run with covid patients in any way,so it's crack on as normal there and there on it like the pro's they are...

• Like 3

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, fireman said:

A good pal had a bit of a turn less than 2 weeks ago,he went to hospital and was checked over and had to go back the next day,they told him the results of the tests and he has cancer,around a week later at the most he was in for his first chemo treatment and is back next week for the second lot and so forth until his treatment is finished.They have told him there will be no reason for any change in his treatment due to covid problems as that hospital isn't over run with covid patients in any way,so it's crack on as normal there and there on it like the pro's they are...

I don’t doubt that for one minute, they are pros. My mum works in a cancer department and has done for 20 years and my sister is a nurse. She told me that unfortunately though referrals for suspect cancer from GP’s etc had gone from 25-30 a week to 1 or 2 for most of April before picking up again. According to her the consultants were bored they had so little to do because the whole hospital had been cleared for the deluge of Covid patients that just never arrived....The cancer patients not as lucky as your mate will be the real tragedy or at the very least a big part of it. Covid may not kill up you directly but it may indirectly. Father in law going though cancer treatment that was paused then re started and said hospital was incredibly quite and staff all over him as they had nothing to do. Not saying for one minute all hospitals are like this just experiences of people working in some or getting treatment. 

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

My son in laws mum died on Sunday, in hospital with chest infection and pnuemonia, had a Corvid test that was negative but was put on the death certificate.

R.I.P. Mrs. Riley.

D.

My mate died on Tues they think he had it only 48 same age as me and as far as I know he weren't tested but I think it might be put as that 

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, terryd said:

We clapped first two weeks and meant it. But not any more. Not going to clap just because the neighbours think we should. Like any one we appreciate what they do of course 

Starting to get a bit pathetic now imho and its just an exscuse for some on the street I live to get together and stand on the street drinking beer.

• Like 2

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has given the green light to Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N) to produce a COVID-19 antibody test, shortly after it gave the same approval to Swiss drugmaker Roche Holding (ROG.S), health officials said on Friday.

Mass antibody testing with millions of kits is being considered by many countries as a way to speed the reopening of economies devastated by lockdowns and to introduce more tailored social distancing measures.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-abbott/britain-approves-abbotts-covid-19-antibody-test-idUKKBN22R0U0

FINALLY! 8P

Also,

LONDON (Reuters) - Around 148,000 people in England had COVID-19 in recent weeks, according to results on Thursday from a large-scale study in Britain into the spread of the disease.

The Office for National Statistics said it estimated that about 0.27% of England’s population were carrying the disease during the April 27 to May 10 survey period - slightly higher than an estimate of 0.24% published on Monday.......

.......The estimate was based on swab tests performed on 10,705 people across 5,276 households, rather than in hospitals or care homes, the Office for National Statistics said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-survey/around-148000-people-in-england-had-coronavirus-recently-estimate-idUKKBN22Q26V

12 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Are they going to be f***ing clapping at Christmas ffs

The Mrs moaned at me yesterday because I wouldn't beep the horn whilst we drove through a village full of people clapping on the street. 

32 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

FINALLY! 8P

Dr Anthony phan of Vietnam says there was no autism in Vietnam, until bill Gates showed up with his vaccines, the doc must be lying tho like the rest of docs who speak up. 

Wasn't aimed at you born, don't know why it quoted you. 

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

The Mrs moaned at me yesterday because I wouldn't beep the horn whilst we drove through a village full of people clapping on the street. 

I would have told you to beep the horn aswell.you miserable bugger.

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Snap mate, so to keep the peace I did and started waving at the neighbours clapping ??

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I hate being forced in to doing something, if she hadn't ordered me I might have. ?

I'm winding you up mate.

I'm no door step clapper either..

No houses near me clap either.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, bell said:

But.......for a simpleton like me.....how do you explain the numbers of dead compared to the average yearly totals for the last 2 months.......sure, some are going to be as a result of the Covid pandemic and not because the patient had Covid 19.......but......how do you explain the number of deaths in the last 2 months compared to say last year.......unless they are telling porkies about the numbers but I can’t see how that is feasible ?.

They are using 2018 death rates as a comparison because in 2019 the figures were lower than this year, they have just said on the bbc that only 10% of victims died of the virus the other 90 odd were already suffering with something else and the biggest contributor was dementia ?

15 hours ago, dytkos said:

My son in laws mum died on Sunday, in hospital with chest infection and pnuemonia, had a Corvid test that was negative but was put on the death certificate.

R.I.P. Mrs. Riley.

D.

It’s looking more and more likely mate that the story’s about the nhs being financially rewarded for logging people as having died of coved may have some truth in them, they done the same thing with diabetes some years back for what reasons I don’t know but it happened 

• Like 1