Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

But was last year normal? LOL.

And what's 50'000 as a fraction of 'normal'?

Point is, most of us don't know and yet we've already decided it's terrible.

Come on mate, now you are being deliberately obtuse ain’t you?

If it’s context we are after, if we had put 32,000 criminals against the wall and shot them the whole world including the scientific community would say “that’s terrible”......but 32,000 random people from a virus may be slightly above average ?

Its a terrible death toll or it isn’t......

Maybe I’m getting that all out of wack and you can’t compare execution to a natural event but surely death that wouldn’t normally happen but does happen is terrible anyway you stack it up isn’t it ?

Just now, WILF said:

Come on mate, now you are being deliberately obtuse ain’t you?

If it’s context we are after, if we had put 32,000 criminals against the wall and shot them the whole world including the scientific community would say “that’s terrible”......but 32,000 random people from a virus may be slightly above average ?

Its a terrible death toll or it isn’t......

Maybe I’m getting that all out of wack and you can’t compare execution to a natural event but surely death that wouldn’t normally happen but does happen is terrible anyway you stack it up isn’t it ?

I'm not being obtuse at all. We haven't even established that a single person more than 'average' has died. I'll take Jukels fact at face value that 50'000 have died more than last year. Was last year average or a f***ing diabolical year? I'm sure this pandemic will have increased the death rate, but I don't know for a fact or by how much and neither do you.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm not being obtuse at all. We haven't even established that a single person more than 'average' has died. I'll take Jukels fact at face value that 50'000 have died more than last year. Was last year average or a f***ing diabolical year? I'm sure this pandemic will have increased the death rate, but I don't know for a fact or by how much and neither do you.

No, all true mate.

But as I said previous what we do know is that something is out of the ordinary and surely that means the extra death must be out of the ordinary ? 

Anyway, I’m not trying to convince you of anything pal, just talking......we will all take a view and see where it all ends up.

Just now, WILF said:

No, all true mate.

But as I said previous what we do know is that something is out of the ordinary and surely that means the extra death must be out of the ordinary ? 

Anyway, I’m not trying to convince you of anything pal, just talking......we will all take a view and see where it all ends up.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'VE GOT THE DATA! Just crunching it. :rocker:

:laugh:

Seriously though, I genuinely believe that this is a thing and killing more than normal and is serious. Don't lump me in with Neo-whatsit. But I do think there is sensationalist stuff going on. I don't totally agree with the hot wench in the video.

Graph inbound...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

So it's quite obvious. I'm happy now. :D

Weekly deaths since 2015. Spot the pandemic. LOL

1574209599_UKweeklydeathrateforthelast5years.png.2bf8be164dda3f252c1853ad78010352.png

It's from ONS Data.

Interesting how it wasn't anything out of the normal l until the end of March. 

Edited by Greb147
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Correlating near perfectly with the official UK COVID-19 daily death data. 

UK CV Deaths.png

Easing of lockdown restrictions from tomorrow, ........ 'watch it riiIISE BROTHERS'!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm still not really concerned at all about it. In fact my lack of concern has been the cause for quite a bit of introspection! :laugh:

That's fair. I'm just treating it as an elevated threat level. Not so much for me but elderly relatives, friends, neighbours, etc. I'm certainly not paranoid but I'd feel pretty bad if I passed it on. The irony here is that with all the rules regulations and constantly changing situation it's not made a shred of difference to my daily routine. After my 2008 tactical relocation this way of living is pretty normal. Social distancing for me is about 30-40 miles. Slung rifle keeps people well over 10m away. :thumbs:

• Like 1