Coronavirus

47 minutes ago, Francie said:

Were doing rightly up here on the donegal border Chris, it's well under control mate. 

Cases rising in the west now, still very low compared to the UK but it’s still a worry and we still need to take good care mate 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

I know one thing the news and media in general is a disgrace basically sensationalising every thing just to sell news. We know it better than any one being hunting folks but I never realised how bad it was. Now there is loads of why didnt they do this that and other and it's not even over yet but it makes news. In 6 months they should look back and review but right now pull together and push through. Boris couldn't get this right no matter which way he went. 

Anyway time for some more duckcommander lol

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, jetro said:

Second more deadly wave of coronavirus to hit Europe this winter

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/NWCAqx

Sent via @updayIE

Wonder how accurate they are about this second wave

Atb j 

Why is it going to be "more deadly"? I have to subscribe to read the full thing and there's no mention of "more deadly" in the first three paragraphs, just the sensationalist title.

Right, I've subverted the subscription bollocks. So there only justification for the claim that the second wave will be more deadly is because the second wave of the Spanish Flu was... Well that seems a bit nonsense because that was basically due to a lack of understanding of epidemics/influenza.

The second wave of the 1918 pandemic was much more deadly than the first. The first wave had resembled typical flu epidemics; those most at risk were the sick and elderly, while younger, healthier people recovered easily. By August, when the second wave began in France, Sierra Leone, and the United States, the virus had mutated to a much more deadly form. October 1918 was the month with the highest fatality rate of the whole pandemic.

This increased severity has been attributed to the circumstances of the First World War. In civilian life, natural selection favors a mild strain. Those who get very ill stay home, and those mildly ill continue with their lives, preferentially spreading the mild strain. In the trenches, natural selection was reversed. Soldiers with a mild strain stayed where they were, while the severely ill were sent on crowded trains to crowded field hospitals, spreading the deadlier virus. The second wave began, and the flu quickly spread around the world again. Consequently, during modern pandemics, health officials pay attention when the virus reaches places with social upheaval (looking for deadlier strains of the virus).

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Why is it going to be "more deadly"? I have to subscribe to read the full thing and there's no mention of "more deadly" in the first three paragraphs, just the sensationalist title.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/pandemic-not-chief-urges-europe-brace-second-wave/

Hope this one works 

Atb j 

Well for everyone scared my latest chat with my doctor pal, says there have been 49 cases in the hospital no fatality,s  and a massive increase in crackheads ODing and fitting out, has been treating more of them than covid patients and someone else I no are in the process of taking legal action against the nhs after loosing there grand father to a brain tumour, he has had coved 19 put on his death certificate and the nhs are refusing to change it even though he was not tested and was hemorrhaging when he arrived at hospital and died shortly afterwards ??????????? strange old world 

• Sad 2
50 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Well for everyone scared my latest chat with my doctor pal, says there have been 49 cases in the hospital no fatality,s  and a massive increase in crackheads ODing and fitting out, has been treating more of them than covid patients and someone else I no are in the process of taking legal action against the nhs after loosing there grand father to a brain tumour, he has had coved 19 put on his death certificate and the nhs are refusing to change it even though he was not tested and was hemorrhaging when he arrived at hospital and died shortly afterwards ??????????? strange old world 

I have heard of almost countless examples of people saying Covid has been put on a death certificates when there is zero evidence to justify it. I am not sure why tbh but the death figures are being massively inflated to look worse than they are. A friends mother than had been hanging on by her finger tips with dementia for the last 6 months died three weeks ago and they were told it was Covid, even if it was she had been a terrible state for some months if she had had a cold it could have finished her off but she wouldn’t have had cold on her death certificate. There’s a lot of things that don’t add up, all I can think is they know they’ve overreacted and destroyed the economy and many peoples lives and the higher the death total makes it seem more justified. Only other thing is left wing anti government people deliberately wanting to make the government look bad ??‍♂️

• Like 1

But.......for a simpleton like me.....how do you explain the numbers of dead compared to the average yearly totals for the last 2 months.......sure, some are going to be as a result of the Covid pandemic and not because the patient had Covid 19.......but......how do you explain the number of deaths in the last 2 months compared to say last year.......unless they are telling porkies about the numbers but I can’t see how that is feasible ?.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

My son in laws mum died on Sunday, in hospital with chest infection and pnuemonia, had a Corvid test that was negative but was put on the death certificate.

R.I.P. Mrs. Riley.

D.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
33 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Forgot the clapping was on tonight, walking back with the dog and getting dirty looks off everyone lol

We clapped first two weeks and meant it. But not any more. Not going to clap just because the neighbours think we should. Like any one we appreciate what they do of course 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bell said:

But.......for a simpleton like me.....how do you explain the numbers of dead compared to the average yearly totals for the last 2 months.......sure, some are going to be as a result of the Covid pandemic and not because the patient had Covid 19.......but......how do you explain the number of deaths in the last 2 months compared to say last year.......unless they are telling porkies about the numbers but I can’t see how that is feasible ?.

The most likely and obvious reason is people are scared to go out and get the medical attention they need, A&E admissions are at there lowest levels ever! All the sick people that would normally be in hospital have been kicked out and now a lot out hospitals are basically empty. Normal ICU capacity is spare beds of between 5 to 10% and I believe currently we have around 50-60% empty, those sick people haven’t just got better they have died. The real tragedy of this will be that more people will die of treatable cancer, heart attacks etc above normal than of Covid due to the overreaction of government and excessive fear mongering of the media. Covid is obviously serious but not as serious as cancer and many other diseases that kill 100,000’s of people every year.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1